Millpond Sleep Clinic - experiences please!

(12 Posts)
CrazyOVERbaby Fri 07-Jan-11 16:16:33

Hi there

Was wondering if any of you had used the millpond sleep clinic for you little ones? I'd like to know what prompted you to go to them, how much it cost, what was the process like and most importantly did it work??

I'm thinking of giving them a ring my DD, but wanted to know if any of you had any experiences.

Thanks in advance!

rubyslippers Fri 07-Jan-11 16:19:12

Mine was good

It is £££ - IIRC we chose the package for £250

What promoted it was me going back t work FT with a DD waking 3 hourly for feeds at 6.5 months old

It is not a quick fix but it worked for us

I would recommend them

rubyslippers Fri 07-Jan-11 16:19:47

It is all done by phone calls and emails

You keep sleep logs as well

CrazyOVERbaby Fri 07-Jan-11 16:24:37

Oh thanks ruby - I'm going back to work soon so ditto!

CrazyOVERbaby Fri 07-Jan-11 19:51:11

Anyone else? Please....

ExistentialistCat Sat 08-Jan-11 13:36:50

We've used them.

Prompt: 7 mo DD only sleeping on us after bout of illness and teething.

Cost: 250 quid.

Process: Supportive and helpful.

Worked? Yes! We phased out night feeds, tweaked the bedtime routine and did a little bit of CC. By 8 months DD was sleeping 12 hours a night.

I think it's mostly about having the support to follow a plan consistently. None of it is rocket science. We did end up doing some CC but they do other approaches as well. I didn't agree with all of their ideas but it worked anyway.

I've also been in touch with Andrea Grace (private sleep consultant), who was incredibly sympathetic and seemed less in favour of CC and more in tune with bonding/attachment issues than Millpond.

CrazyOVERbaby Mon 10-Jan-11 09:54:22

Oh blimey, I don't know where to take any of this. On the one hand, I'm perfectly capable of coming up with a sleep plan and 'being strict' and folllowing it through. I'm no push over when it comes to sleep issues, as DD1 (fab sleeper) is testament to. I know what the problems are and I know what to do. But the sound of having the support and reassurance that Millpond offers sounds so good! ahahaha

fifitot Mon 10-Jan-11 10:14:17

I think the motivation for you would be the fact you'd paid for the sleep plan! Also it is tailor made for you, so not generalised - that's a plus.

Not that I have used them but have thought about it.

pinkdaisies Mon 10-Jan-11 20:17:51

I used Millpond when 6 month old was waking 2 hourly EVERY NIGHT. They were amazing. It wasn't a quick fix, but the support, advice and friendly phone calls helped me see it all through. They are amazingly supportive and I reckon within 2-3 weeks sleep drastically improved. I still use their ideas a bit now (e.g. low lighting...) and 14 month old is a fab little sleeper.

I didn't have much of a clue what to do, unlike you, but I still think I'd use them for support and little ideas next time if need be.

tiredange Tue 18-Jan-11 21:00:33

Just seen this thread. Have you been in touch with Millpond? I'm thinking about it too and wanted to know how you got on...

My DS2 6 months and not slept thru once. Sleeps in bed with me (DH moved to spare room) have been trying CC but doesn't seem to be working partly as I'm too tired but partly waking DS1.

Am exhausted, fed up, snappy and end of tether....

MindySimmons Wed 19-Jan-11 20:56:44

Hi there,

Just thought I'd chip in and say I tried the advice published by them for my 4 yo dd on Supernanny (sleep fairy and gradual retreat) as I am currently having problems with dd at bedtime as her poor dh has been in hospital for the past 12 days. We've gone from screaming and terrified to calm and relaxed. Only 4 days in but dd is so much more settled and secure after my initial panic (was generally a good sleeper, the odd problem here and then but a self settler and mainly really good until this very stressful time for both of us).

Added bonus, the advice was free! But I think if I was having further problems, I'd definitely give them a try

Myname76 Sat 20-Aug-16 08:46:40

Just to add to this - we used them - awful experience - more stress and we had to pay for it - left us worse off than when we started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now