Angelina bf photo

(135 Posts)
traceybath Thu 09-Oct-08 17:44:29

It is in the daily mail

but rather a lovely photo and i must say i'm not a fan of saint angelina generally

well, ateotd none of us know whether or not she is feeding them
I have no reason to disbelieve that she feeds them. she may or may not be topping up with something else.
who knows?./>?

but the fact still remains that high profile celebs, esp people like Angelina, being shown breastfeeding DOES have a positive impact on people. it helps normalise it, instead of it being hidden away the whole time.
it makes young girls think about breastfeeding, when otherwise they may not have.
it makes people think, hey, maybe I can do that.

I don't care if people like her or not. if it has a positive effect on even a few people, then it's worth it, no?

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:39:11

she's sitting back, too.

not all propped up on pillows so the norks are nice and forward for baby to take.

her legs are up.

i couldn't manage bf in bed unless the wall were flat smack behind me.

need lots of support, it's hard on your back at first.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:10

now the photo of maggie gyllenhaal definitely for real and far better for bf image because her baby was about 8 months old in teh photograph.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:19

does it normalise it tho??or does it make you think"oh thats how i should look with 4 week old twins and its all so easy according to angelina"

i think its qyuite shite actually

would be much better to have an interview with her saying how tough it is(sureoly it is tough to have babby twins and 5 other kids and beknackered plus fly all over the world?????

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:30

Well, I haven't looked that gorgeous whilst breast feeding my Dd...it is a lovely photo.

pooka Thu 09-Oct-08 18:44:51

I fed my children in a reclining position. So that doesn't mean she isn't.

I think it's a real pic.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:45:49

don't think it's real at all.

i mean, why not show it? you don't see the nipple most of the time unless you've got big ass saggy tits with giant areolas like mine.

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:45:52

Me too pooka, I have fed reclined more often than not.

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:46:55

Some people are not inclined to show too much of themselves. I think it's very tasteful.

I'm a lazy moo and used to feed lying on my side, but it took me a while to work out how to do it!

I dont really care if it is a real picture or not, my issue is the wording on the article! I agree that high profile celebs breastfeeding their children would be a good think, but more during articles with the celeb, not in the DM and "astonishingly private moments" headlines!

TheBlonde Thu 09-Oct-08 18:50:25

for all we know she is simply holding a baby

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:50:27

lol at Some people are not inclined to show too much of themselves.

this is angelina jolie we are talking about

rofl

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:51:55

yes, a woman who gave interviews with explicit details of her sex life, including the tatts she's got on her minge.

hmm

TheBlonde Thu 09-Oct-08 18:52:44

perezhilton blog reckons the bf will be inside the issue (typical US can't show it on the cover)

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:52:53

lol eaxpat

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:56:06

that was the boak, malory, to read that.

wonder how she had it altered, because it had billy bob's name on it.

nice.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:56:58

has she really got tatts on her fanjo/
??<<<wince>>>>

I agree, may be a lot more pics inside the mag.

and of course she looks great post birth, she has several nannies dpesn't she?

I still think it normalises it in the sense of just having "breastfeeding" out there. it eing in mags, and being publicised.
she may not be a "normal" mum. but it is still putting it out there and it will still hav e an effect on some people.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:58:23

she had the landing strip hair removed and had a tatt done there, by her own admission.

eeeew, why would anybody want a tattoo there?!

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:59:01

Well, I don't know anything about her, so don't know about her sex life chat. Some people find breast feeding more intimate than sunbathing topless and perhaps wouldn't want to show too much of themselves doing it.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 19:03:10

well i think shes aannoung twta and i think that even more now i know about the tattoed fanjo

what a chav

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 19:19:15

she's covered in tatts, elf.

every now and again the press won't photoshop them out when she's seen in yet another slinky dress two seconds after giving birth.

i mean, she's half-French, i wouldn't think she had a problem with over-exposing herself .

I have a tattoo on my back, blimey, cannot imagine the pain getting a tattoo on the minge!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 19:25:17

I do not see tit in mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now