Angelina bf photo

(135 Posts)
traceybath Thu 09-Oct-08 17:44:29

It is in the daily mail

but rather a lovely photo and i must say i'm not a fan of saint angelina generally

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 17:49:46

oh <<<<barf>>> at her and her over plumped lips and her gaggle of kids

cant satand the woman

cocoleBOO Thu 09-Oct-08 17:51:40

<<waves Team Jolie flag>.

I hate the title. And the article.
"The astonishingly intimate portrait of Angelina Jolie..."
shes breastfeeding for Christs sake, not masturbating.
"astonishingly private moment"
No wonder people dont breastfeed in public if this is the reaction

That is a lovely photo smile and I'm not even that big a fan of her.

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Thu 09-Oct-08 17:53:47

wish my pics looked like that, you can see my nip in my profile one!

I have no issues with the pic btw, its a nice pic. Some of my fave pics (from when DD was born) are of me b/feeding my dd in the first few days.
But the wording is terrible, makes it sound like its a rare thing to be seen in the world!

AbricotsSecs Thu 09-Oct-08 17:55:30

I heart Ange, ye can all feck off!

Piffle Thu 09-Oct-08 17:56:18

I think it's good to show slebs bf.
She is ultra high level sleb so maybe help normalise and promote bf somewhat.
I love her sorry!!!!
Team jolie here.

sclubheaven Thu 09-Oct-08 17:57:00

Considering what the picture shows (or doesn't show) it is a bit over the top.

"astonishingly intimate" and "stunningly candid"

You can see more boob in the photo of her at the airport grin

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Thu 09-Oct-08 17:57:17

yeah agree, lovely pic but cheeeeeeeeesy words.

sclubheaven Thu 09-Oct-08 17:58:01

however, she is very beautiful and it's a lovely photo envy

I like the pic, but the more the bloody words are swinging around my head again, the more I want to gag on the cheese!!

WeLoveFabio Thu 09-Oct-08 18:00:34

what a beautiful picture.

I hope it does something to promote Bf actually among the sort of people who are usually disgusted by it.

Piffle Thu 09-Oct-08 18:03:03

oh and it's a US mag as well
a nipple even hinted at over there leads to all kinds of hookum.
Loons imvho
My idea of intimate would be camera up my ass as I was birthing the critter.
Tits blah I don't know if there is anyone who hasn't heard about or seen mine
And imo more newsworthy down to the comical size element

liahgen Thu 09-Oct-08 18:03:19

can't actually see baby at all.
few fingers.

nice pic but i have ones just as nice grin

liahgen Thu 09-Oct-08 18:03:51

lol at critter. grin

DevilishDisasterArea Thu 09-Oct-08 18:04:46

how big are her lips?

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:06:25

sorry, but i still think it's staged.

i just can't see how she's breastfeeding newborn twins when a couple of weeks after they were born she was swanning around all over the place.

i don't buy it. i think it's bullshit.

oops Thu 09-Oct-08 18:08:46

Message withdrawn

Article is a bit shite though

SugarGlider Thu 09-Oct-08 18:33:00

Ah ha ha, I love the picture of them getting off the plane - if only magazine readers of the world could see the poise with which I (at 38 weeks pregnant) am currently getting on and off the bus - taking out a pensioner with my elbow here, dropping groceries and kicking them under a seat with a curse there grin

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:34:22

you know what expat??i thought that too

its all fake

i bet shes got a filopino feeding them sma

TheBlonde Thu 09-Oct-08 18:36:49

I agree with expat
I can see a baby's hand but no sign of any bf

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:37:23

more like filipino wet nurse, malory.

i can't see how else.

i mean, she was photographed and filmed out with brad on her own A LOT a fortnight, a month, etc. after she had twins by csection.

well, we've all been there.

and even those MNers with plenty of help found that 3-6 week time bfing exhausting and demanding with or without twins.

well, ateotd none of us know whether or not she is feeding them
I have no reason to disbelieve that she feeds them. she may or may not be topping up with something else.
who knows?./>?

but the fact still remains that high profile celebs, esp people like Angelina, being shown breastfeeding DOES have a positive impact on people. it helps normalise it, instead of it being hidden away the whole time.
it makes young girls think about breastfeeding, when otherwise they may not have.
it makes people think, hey, maybe I can do that.

I don't care if people like her or not. if it has a positive effect on even a few people, then it's worth it, no?

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:39:11

she's sitting back, too.

not all propped up on pillows so the norks are nice and forward for baby to take.

her legs are up.

i couldn't manage bf in bed unless the wall were flat smack behind me.

need lots of support, it's hard on your back at first.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:10

now the photo of maggie gyllenhaal definitely for real and far better for bf image because her baby was about 8 months old in teh photograph.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:19

does it normalise it tho??or does it make you think"oh thats how i should look with 4 week old twins and its all so easy according to angelina"

i think its qyuite shite actually

would be much better to have an interview with her saying how tough it is(sureoly it is tough to have babby twins and 5 other kids and beknackered plus fly all over the world?????

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:40:30

Well, I haven't looked that gorgeous whilst breast feeding my Dd...it is a lovely photo.

pooka Thu 09-Oct-08 18:44:51

I fed my children in a reclining position. So that doesn't mean she isn't.

I think it's a real pic.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:45:49

don't think it's real at all.

i mean, why not show it? you don't see the nipple most of the time unless you've got big ass saggy tits with giant areolas like mine.

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:45:52

Me too pooka, I have fed reclined more often than not.

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:46:55

Some people are not inclined to show too much of themselves. I think it's very tasteful.

I'm a lazy moo and used to feed lying on my side, but it took me a while to work out how to do it!

I dont really care if it is a real picture or not, my issue is the wording on the article! I agree that high profile celebs breastfeeding their children would be a good think, but more during articles with the celeb, not in the DM and "astonishingly private moments" headlines!

TheBlonde Thu 09-Oct-08 18:50:25

for all we know she is simply holding a baby

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:50:27

lol at Some people are not inclined to show too much of themselves.

this is angelina jolie we are talking about

rofl

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:51:55

yes, a woman who gave interviews with explicit details of her sex life, including the tatts she's got on her minge.

hmm

TheBlonde Thu 09-Oct-08 18:52:44

perezhilton blog reckons the bf will be inside the issue (typical US can't show it on the cover)

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:52:53

lol eaxpat

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:56:06

that was the boak, malory, to read that.

wonder how she had it altered, because it had billy bob's name on it.

nice.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 18:56:58

has she really got tatts on her fanjo/
??<<<wince>>>>

I agree, may be a lot more pics inside the mag.

and of course she looks great post birth, she has several nannies dpesn't she?

I still think it normalises it in the sense of just having "breastfeeding" out there. it eing in mags, and being publicised.
she may not be a "normal" mum. but it is still putting it out there and it will still hav e an effect on some people.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 18:58:23

she had the landing strip hair removed and had a tatt done there, by her own admission.

eeeew, why would anybody want a tattoo there?!

SoloTheCharmedOne Thu 09-Oct-08 18:59:01

Well, I don't know anything about her, so don't know about her sex life chat. Some people find breast feeding more intimate than sunbathing topless and perhaps wouldn't want to show too much of themselves doing it.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 09-Oct-08 19:03:10

well i think shes aannoung twta and i think that even more now i know about the tattoed fanjo

what a chav

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 19:19:15

she's covered in tatts, elf.

every now and again the press won't photoshop them out when she's seen in yet another slinky dress two seconds after giving birth.

i mean, she's half-French, i wouldn't think she had a problem with over-exposing herself .

I have a tattoo on my back, blimey, cannot imagine the pain getting a tattoo on the minge!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 19:25:17

I do not see tit in mouth.

MarsLady Thu 09-Oct-08 19:28:20

She's in a lovely position for breastfeeding. smile

well bearing in mind we can't see the rest of her breast, or the baby it's not that surprising that we can't see breast in mouth is it?

doesn't mean she isn;t breastfeeding.

jeez

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 19:29:58

it's staged.

artichokes Thu 09-Oct-08 19:30:38

Why would she fake pictures of breastfeeding??? If she thinks it is such a good thing that it would be worth faking, then surely she would just do it? Maybe not exclusively but a bit.

I think she looks lovely.

I have a picture of my breastfeeding DD in my full white wedding dress with veil and tiara smile.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 19:32:44

loads of reasons to fake it!

it's the done thing in hollywood now, just like it's also the done thing to look like you never had a baby two weeks after delivering and be photographed out with your partner with no baby in sight within weeks or even days.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 19:33:19

doesn't mean she IS either yesterday.

that is the point.

If she's going to market herself as a BFING mum and oh, how cool is it that she is showing us something so feckin intimate, then actually SHOW us.

expatinscotland Thu 09-Oct-08 19:33:49

S. California/Hollywood so fake I don't believe much of what I see or hear coming out of there.

They're some of the biggest liars and bullshitters I've ever come across on the planet and I've been in a total of 40 countries now and lived in 9.

CharleeInChains Thu 09-Oct-08 19:34:27

God i can't stand the ''Joile - Pitt's'' they are incredably smug and really vomtastic! grin

morningpaper Thu 09-Oct-08 19:38:45

Eh? I don't get this picture? Isn't that the inside of a baby's hand? Does the baby have two right hands?

sa pointe dout prevously kerrymum, the more intimate pictures are presumable INSIDE the magazine.

Megglevache Thu 09-Oct-08 19:42:16

Artichokes, you can't say that and not have the picture on your profile! grin

ja9 Thu 09-Oct-08 19:43:59

oh my goodness when i read the title i pictured angelina the ballerina and couldn't figure out what you were meaning blush

WeLoveFabio Thu 09-Oct-08 19:49:51

<Wanders in>
<sees mention of Kerrymum and breasts>
<faints>

grin

wahwah Thu 09-Oct-08 21:19:52

Well I think it's a lovely picture and I'm pleased to see images of babies and breasts together as they should be.

MrsThierryHenry Thu 09-Oct-08 21:23:38

This has PR stunt written all over it. Like everything else slebs do: 'oh, you just happened to catch me having a 'secret' snog with my new squeeze!'

Vom.

MrsThierryHenry Thu 09-Oct-08 21:24:34

Artichokes - did you dress up in your wedding garb especially for the bfing piccy, then? wink

artichokes Thu 09-Oct-08 21:27:11

Lol! no.
I will temp uplaod the photo on my profile in a min.

ipanemagirl Fri 10-Oct-08 13:54:54

ow many breastfeeding mothers hv mamms that small?! Maybe lots do!

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough, your photos are great!grin

BeheadedHereNow Fri 10-Oct-08 16:47:10

Message withdrawn

antsinyourpants Fri 10-Oct-08 17:28:11

i love it. melted all the cynicism in my heart.

claireyBOOOO Fri 10-Oct-08 17:41:45

I almost always feed ds in that position. And I have even smaller boobs than that, so yes it is possible that she is breastfeeding. Whether she is or not, I don't really care, she is getting the message out to people that breastfeeding is normal and is possible even with twins. I don't get why she would pretend to be though...

I agree she does look a lot more glamourous than most of us do in the months post birth, but then she was to begin with. Plus she will have help with the twins and the older children, as well as the money to get her hair & face done and to buy a million new outfits to hide the bulges.

As for being seen out and about without the babies just weeks after giving birth, well I couldn't personally but I do know lots of people that have left their newborns with others almost straight away.

NappiesLaGore Fri 10-Oct-08 21:35:19

my sister and i were posl at the garzia article which said they were 'on the rocks!' ... and then went on to cite the fact that she is hardly ever out on the tiles and he is tired and theyre both a little...um...tired, and so OBVIOUSLY they are on the rocks. nothing to do with the few month old tandem breastfed twins and other 4 children under 4 then... duhhhh

TwoIfBySea Fri 10-Oct-08 21:41:06

And here was me thinking that Saint Angelina's brood would eat nothing but the dew from freshly squeezed rainbows and delicate sunbeams.

maidamess Fri 10-Oct-08 21:46:52

Can't stand her. Don't get the appeal at all. And apart from a button being undone on her nightie, how is that a breastfeeeding picture?

DforDiva Fri 10-Oct-08 21:49:36

never liked her, but since had shiloh she seems and looks more motherly
she looks healthy not stick thin, bfing is beautiful thing, i never able to it with my dc, and it broke my heart. its nice message

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Fri 10-Oct-08 22:00:26

There was another thread about this earlier and I agreed with all expat is saying.

Totally staged. And another example of celebrities making hard things look easy - glam and serene - argh. She might have had bf promotion in mind but let's see her do it at the Oscars. Am repeating myself. Why do I care? I am off to eat curry.

GreenMonkies Fri 10-Oct-08 22:02:35

I think it's a lovely photo, she looks a little tired but very content. It's clear she has a boob out, but you just because you can't see a nipple in a mouth doesn't mean she isn't, or hasn't just been, nursing.

As for being out on the town within weeks of giving birth, well, I know two or three mums who have been in the pub two weeks post birth, leaving new-borns with grannies etc. And some of them were bf, and had been pumping to leave enough boob-juice for junior to have over night. I wouldn't do it myself, but Brangelina are notorious for taking thier tribe with them everywhere, and who is to say they stay out all night? Perhaps they get snapped on the red carpet, watch the premiere and then sneak out the back and go back to the kids, which would mean they were away from the babies for only two or three hours, so is do-able, even if you have huge leaky boobs!!

As far as I'm concerned it's a very beautiful picture, and if it helps to make breastfeeding more normal then I am very pleased they have released them to the public (I'm sure they donate most of the revenue generated by these kind of pictures to charity too). And of course she's showing J-Lo how it's done......so thats super-cool by me! grin

mabanana Fri 10-Oct-08 22:14:01

I could breastfeed in that position, lying back, legs up, and often did. I could read a magazine at the same time too, or chat on the phone!

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Sat 11-Oct-08 00:41:04

Bloody hell. I had to construct a scaffolding system to be able to feed at all. Chatting and reading magazines was beyond my wildest dreams. Lucky mabanana and Angelina then.

ipanemagirl Sat 11-Oct-08 15:21:02

loil 2ifbysea!

on balance i think if it promotes bf then good on her, there are precious few sleb role models.

She's clrearly a bit mad & odious but who wouldn't be with that life??

PinkTulips Sat 11-Oct-08 16:00:58

didn't she say about the other child she gave birth to that she stopped feeding after not very long at all as she didn't paticulaly enjoy it and didn't think it was as important as people made out..... but now she's bf-ing twins and being all earth motherish with 4 older kids running around too hmm

forgive me if i'm a wee bit cynical of her credentials as bf-ing ambassador

GreenMonkies Sat 11-Oct-08 16:37:55

She bf Shiloh for about 12 weeks, no idea how long she has been/did bf the twins for, she may have stopped by now, this could be an early photo.

midnightexpress Sat 11-Oct-08 17:22:38

Has anybody mentioned that Shiloh appears to be wearing shock crocs?

georgimama Sat 11-Oct-08 17:30:14

There are some incredibly cynical people on this thread. It beggars belief.

Why would anyone pretend to be breast feeding? It attracts little stigma to FF whatever the reasons for doing so(let's face it, we're all tripping over ourselves on these threads not to offend those who cannot or do not FF).

Secondly, it's no one's damn business whether she does or doesn't. Presumably she has released these photos to show her endorsement of BFing to try to encourage other mothers. Why is this a bad thing?

I could, did and do BF in exactly that position, very comfortably.

Just because she "only" BF her elder daughter for a few weeks has no bearing on whether she is BFing the twins or not. Plenty of women BF later children for longer than first ones - my mum did.

Why all the bile?

georgimama Sat 11-Oct-08 17:31:19

Obviously I meant cannot or do not BF. Whoops.

CrushWithEyeliner Sat 11-Oct-08 17:44:19

Can't believe the vitriol on this thread - she can't have Bfed because she was photographed "out" a lot in the press in the first few weeks of giving birth? er it is possible to be out and about and still BF or mix feed you know..

It must be staged because some people can't BF in that position? WTF?

It isn't an NCT lesson in BFeeding leaflet picture it's a magazine cover shot of a baby at the mother's breast - could have been after a feed for all we know.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 17:47:37

it's the done thing to bf in hollywood. if you admit otherwise it doesn't go over well and they have a new movie to promote.

and this is a woman who described her last baby as 'a blob' and had a full team of top LA OBs flown to Namibia for weeks for the birth in what was basically a huge publicity stunt, then had a 'surprise'/undiagnosed breech resulting in csection.

so yeah, colour me skeptical.

ipanemagirl Sat 11-Oct-08 18:01:31

I still think it's good if someone as huge as Brangelina promotes bf, it's still a boost even if it isn't promoting it in all its often difficult reality.

If it is fashionable in Hollywood expat, I can't think of a single photo of a bf sleb even if it is a gorgeous pouting photo.

We could do with someone giving it a bigger splash like Demi Moore did her (admittedly highly painted) pregnant body.

But fair enough, she should be allowed to do what she likes I don't know why I feel antagonistic towards her other than simple envy. I think it's the slightly hysterical collecting of children (As Mia Farrow does). I mean to have and adopt so many in such quick succession just wreaks of a kind of hysteria to me! But I may be wrong to judge her so harshly!

georgimama Sat 11-Oct-08 18:04:30

I'm glad it's the "done thing" to BF in Hollywood. I wish it was the done thing everywhere and if people seeing celebrities endorsing it makes it seem "cool" or whatever they need then fine. The end justifies the means in this case.

TBH we know fuck all really about her, her partner, her motives or her life. How do we know about the ridiculous Namibia thing? Because it was in a magazine. Must be true then.

Areyou suggesting she didn't have a breech and lied about it to justify having a C section? That is ludicrous. Why the hell would she need to justify an elective C section to anyone?

I'm loving the double standards here, how many women have been on threads upset about feeling they have to defend their birth choices and feeding choices, and wise MNers (including you expat) have reassured them time and time again. But because it's a celebrity she deserves scorn and suspicion.

CrushWithEyeliner Sat 11-Oct-08 19:13:15

"and this is a woman who described her last baby as 'a blob'"

what on earth has that got to do with anything? I described DD as a bean when she was born...don't really get the relevance at all.

If you dislike AJ for other reasons as so many Women seem to (beautiful, rich fertile and thin??) that has zip all to do with this picture and her BFeeding

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 19:19:52

FFS, this is just one photo. DO you really think that Vanity Fair, a leading newstand magazine, would put a 'tit in mouth' picture on its cover in the land of Sarah Palin? Of bloody course it wouldn't! This is a private picture, but one chosen for commercial reasons. I have no doubt that Brad has 'tit in mouth' pictures, but they wouldn't be on the cover of a newstand magazine for a start, and hell, maybe he and Angelina don't want to release those. I have some truly beautiful pictures of ds breastfeeding shortly after birth. He's seen them, all the kdis have seen them, but I don't show them to random strangers and I wouldn't publish them. It IS perfectly possibly to breastfeed like this - I did.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:21:19

i dislike the photo because i think she's fibbing.

why take it so personally?

i think these Hollywood types are fake and will do anything to promote their own image.

so what?

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 19:22:17

She described her first 'natural' baby as a 'blob' in the context of saying when she adopted, the children were older, had more personality and were clearly more ^themselves'. I see lots of people saying exactly that on here when contrasting their more interesting older child compared to their newborn.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:23:08

'DO you really think that Vanity Fair, a leading newstand magazine, would put a 'tit in mouth' picture on its cover in the land of Sarah Palin? Of bloody course it wouldn't! '

Having lived in that land for 31 years, yes, I think they would if they had one.

They're the same people who put a woman with a massive scar from mastectomy on the cover and the naked and pregnant Demi Moore.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:24:32

The media there is still largely liberal and the more contraversial, the more magazines they sell.

W mag is more like erm, let's see, what's teh equivalent here. Not Hello! but more like maybe Tattler - lots of upscale slebs, royalty, ultra-billionnaire coverage.

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 19:31:34

it's not vanity fair, is it? i think vf would, as it happens. the ed is a canuck. grin

al you angie-haters are making me like her more. i think it's a nice pic and i don't give a fuck if she's mix feeding or what. that's twins she's got there, delivered early as i recall. hard goiing bfing them exclusively i'd have thought.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:32:57

vanity fair would put the naked president having sex with George Michael on it if it sold mags.

can't say i blame them.

they've printed all kinds of things!

cocoleBOO Sat 11-Oct-08 19:33:15

At least it's not another picture of Jennifer sitting on her own looking pensive.

<<yawn>>

Those of you who don't believe, what about this image?

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:34:37

funny how they never print all those photos of jennifer with another fag in her gob.

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 19:36:41

No they wouldn't. Naked and pregnant is different to breastfeeding. And even naked wasn't naked. no nipples
A magazine called Babytalk - a magazine only available in obstetricians offices, not on the newstands - caused a massive nationwide sensation when it featured an image of breastfeeding and a huge negative postbag - and stil you can't see a tit in mouth

US is very conservative compared to UK but even in the UK I very much doubt a UK mainstream mag will feature 'tit in mouth' for a long time yet.

cocoleBOO Sat 11-Oct-08 19:37:00

That's not her, it's been around for a few years

TheBlonde Sat 11-Oct-08 19:38:03

It says it's not her

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 19:41:56

What's not her?

traceybath Sat 11-Oct-08 19:44:43

To be fair to her she wasn't seen out until very recently - in fact there was lots in the press about how she was hidden away in france and that her and brad were on the rocks. (oh dear blush i have read far too much gossip about them).

As i said earlier i'm not a fan of hers but just like to see any photos of people bf.

Oh and i only bf my first for 4 months but am still going strong with number 2 at 9+ months.

I also could and can bf in most positions fairly easily.

Now if only i looked anywhere near as good as her whilst doing it.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:44:47

'No they wouldn't'

You know that for sure? You live there now? You're the editor in chief of an upscale mag in an official recession? You've lived there for years and years and know how the media there really works?

It works on shock value to sell things. Even if you print it and it gets censored, it only makes people buy more of your magazine. Ban it there and its popularity will really take off.

The way Janet had her 'wardrobe malfunction' and even though it was later censored, it got her back into the public eye again.

That's how it works there.

cocoleBOO Sat 11-Oct-08 19:46:20

The pic with the woman wearing sun glasses it's a look a like.

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 19:49:39

Yes, I have edited a number 1 magazine. I have seen a former colleague go to the US and lose her job doing the same sex stuff as passed unremarked in the UK. It is a totally different market. The US magazine market is fantastically conservative compared to the UK.

ScottishMummy Sat 11-Oct-08 19:50:53

mn make me laugh.folk complain not enough proBF and when a schleb does apparently BF folk shout fake

i dont care what a rubbery pouted tattooed speak your weight actress does or doesnt do

and i suspect no one else really does either

hardly going to get the masses BF, oh i saw that big lipped burd doing it, so will i

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 19:55:45

'The US magazine market is fantastically conservative compared to the UK. '

Yes, they're all fascists.

hmm

Whatever.

It's Hollywood. It's full of all sorts of phoniness and self-promotion, that's what keeps it going.

So yeah, I think it's all about Brangelina and lookin' good, not about BF and how wonderful it is.

TwoIfBySea Sat 11-Oct-08 19:59:03

Expat careful or she'll send her child army after you, or even worse, the Brangeloonies.

grin

I read dlisted, I take nothing seriously.

traceybath Sat 11-Oct-08 20:00:37

dlisted is very funny. Unlike perez hilton who does seem to worship brangelina.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 20:01:17

Remember Lara Croft, WombRaider?!

mabanana Sat 11-Oct-08 20:05:52

oh for heavens sake Expat, there is no need to exaggerate. It IS more conservative. I have worked in a publishing house that his massive in the UK and the US, and I can promise you this is a fact. They are different markets, and there is no huge evangelist religious lobby in the UK for a start.

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 11-Oct-08 20:08:09

thing is, just because the photo didn't show much, it probably still was an intimate/private moment for her....especially in america it is even more of a covered up situation!

I do like AJ....but don't know much about her and possibly that is why I don't get all that bad press....must admit, wasn't it her calling a her Kid Shiloh? that that name was more of a dog name, lol

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 11-Oct-08 20:08:10

thing is, just because the photo didn't show much, it probably still was an intimate/private moment for her....especially in america it is even more of a covered up situation!

I do like AJ....but don't know much about her and possibly that is why I don't get all that bad press....must admit, wasn't it her calling a her Kid Shiloh? that that name was more of a dog name, lol

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 20:11:29

'wasn't it her calling a her Kid Shiloh? that that name was more of a dog name, lol '

It's a Biblical place name. Also the place name of a very sad battle during the American Civil War (aka Battle of Pittsburgh Landing). Now a national military park.

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 11-Oct-08 20:13:15

Well...there was a usa movie named "Shiloh" which was all about a Beagle ( I think...)....iykim...
the name is lovely, as such, but that movie will forever make me think of a dog, iykwim.,...

TwoIfBySea Sat 11-Oct-08 21:43:18

I can think of one good reason not to name a kid Shiloh Pitt.

GreenMonkies Sun 12-Oct-08 08:41:37

Yes, you have call her Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, or run the risk of an unpleasant first letter reversal!!

I'm with Goergimama all the way, leave her alone, I wish I had pictures of me looking that gorgeous with my babies. All my bf photos are full of nipples andbig blue viens and bulging post-natal bellies!! Beautiful in thier own way, but definately not for random public viewing!

StarfishandCoffee Mon 13-Oct-08 09:35:59

Shilo (without the aitch) is also a Neil Diamond song.

Shilo, when I was young
I used to call your name
When no one else would come
Shilo, you always came
And we'd play

Wonder which one they had in mind?

FreeCodwitheverypacketofchips Mon 13-Oct-08 20:14:37

Shiloh Pitt?

Oh! grinblush

Yes, hyphenate, hyphenate, hyphenate for gawd's sake...

ipanemagirl Tue 14-Oct-08 15:47:52

The more I think about this, the more I think good on them for doing this. However unrealistic this image is, it still promotes bf from the world's most powerful uber-image couple. So I don't think it matters that it's unobtainable it still promotes bf and that has to be a good thing. These celebrities have the most enormous power I keep reading, so no bad thing.

Don't like them much though, but I"m SURE they're losing a lot of sleep over my slight dislike of them!!!!! grin

beanieb Tue 14-Oct-08 15:59:43

Aren't her 'over plumped lips' natural. Why kick people for the way they look!?

GreenMonkies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:57:00

I think there are quite a lot of sour grapes on this thread!

Freddysteddy Wed 15-Oct-08 11:07:57

Expat, what drives you to be so aggressive? Honestly, I see it time and again from you and have always wondered.

MrsNormanMaine Wed 15-Oct-08 11:57:34

SOur grapes important to make a nice bottle of whine

ipanemagirl Fri 17-Oct-08 14:46:24

I like to think of expat as 'assertive' or sometimes righteously angry rather than aggressive.
It just wouldn't be mumsnet for me if there wasn't always the possibility of expat galloping by with a very sharp sword and cutting off a few heads before she gallops away!
My head has been cut off quite a few times but I have to admire her for that.

FreakyLadyFrightALot Fri 17-Oct-08 22:00:06

by the way, I think angelina jolie is very prety/beautyful, and think most women are a bit jellious of her lips/mouth///I know I am as I have no lips and a ugle mouth...

still think shiloh is a dogs name...it is just because the first name I heard the name it was used as a dogs name, simoly....

anyway, breasfeeding and promotion, pictures...all welcome....
because sadly there are so so many idiots people about that are still ratehr smallminded judgemental about breastfeeding...

expatinscotland Fri 17-Oct-08 22:01:45

Let's all have a group cuddle and send each other warm fuzzies.

expatinscotland Fri 17-Oct-08 22:03:06

Freaky, Shiloh isn't just for dogs anymore.

Why are you so Staffordshire terrier?

Seriously, I've been stalking noticing you and you seem fixated with canines.

Be more supportive of felines, would you? Give poor Shiloh a break, she's got Angelina's lips .

NotAnOtter Fri 17-Oct-08 22:16:35

normally small of the upper body - when breastfeeding my boobs /shoulders /whole torso look much bigger Ang has noooo upper body weight or enlarged breast tissue to speak of

i gave birth same week as Angie and am feeding 1 baby..my boobs look gargatuan compared to hers

i too have six - i look wasted in comparison

glad to see she is driving same huge van the only thing you can fit 10 000 kids in car as us!

LaVie Fri 17-Oct-08 22:37:46

Maybe it's just another photo of Angelina looking lovely (envy). She would look just as lovely (and would be just as right) feeding her babies formula. Who cares?

Do you really think women will look at this pic and then look at their tits and go "oh, so that's what they're for!"

It's just another magazine spread for them, and they'll probably give the money to charity. Good for them.

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 18-Oct-08 20:20:28

[lost emoticon] at expat comment to me?
Actually the dog I had in mind...possibly because of the movie I wATCHED, IS A bEAGLE.... not staffy....at all...although those are also lovely dogs, lol....

not sure what you mean by being canine .... fixated....hmm....love cats and dogs and al fluffy animals, lol....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now