The nastiest/meanest/rud est celeb you've met/come across...

(647 Posts)
dashboardconfessionals Thu 02-Oct-08 11:02:06

Message withdrawn

Account Fri 18-Apr-14 04:36:49

My father was on Bullseye and off cameras, Jim Bowen is foul-mouthed and rude in front of the contestants and even the audience. I was in the audience at the time and I heard him say some appalling things that would shock anyone. shock
As for the nicest celebrities I've met, I have three.
I met Holly Willoughby, the presenter from ITV's This Morning, on two occasions. The first time, she was very sweet and we must have spoke for ten minutes. The second time, she remembered my name and she was as sweet as ever. No wonder she's Britain's favourite daytime TV presenter.
I also met Richard Whiteley and Carol Vorderman in 2003 when I was a contestant on Countdown. Of course, we know that Mr. Whiteley was the nicest man in the history of television, but I'd heard generally bad things about Carol. However, before and after filming, she came over and chatted with the contestants. She congratulated the winner, and she commiserated the loser, which was sadly me. However, I'd had a great time there and the cheerful presenters made it even better. I don't understand why people think badly of Carol; she is wonderful.

OnlyLovers Tue 08-Apr-14 09:46:34

I'm shock and sad about Bill Bailey! I always think he comes across as such a nice unassuming chap.

Hedgehead Sun 06-Apr-14 16:58:03

Disagree about Angus Deayton - he has always been very nice and interested in others

Stephen Fry - in the green room after a QI show - misogynist/ total wanker to women/ Charm itself to men.

Bill Bailey - presumptuous twat - assumes all women want to sleep with him

Noel Edmonds - complete egomaniac

Hugh Grant - massive letch. Told me he wanted to 'fuck once' and I had to be careful not to get attached. I said no thanks.

Nicky Campbell - ego maniac/megalomaniac/thinks all women want to sleep with him

BecauseIsaidS0 Sun 23-Mar-14 16:12:50

I met Dita Von Teese on a plane once. Shy but lovely and so, so beautiful! She also dressed incredibly well.

My friend worked for Will Smith and says that the whole family is really well mannered.

OnlyLovers Sun 23-Mar-14 13:36:11

God, I adore Maxine Peake. Have always thought she would be a thoroughly good lass and am pleased to read it here!

mrsjavierbardem Thu 20-Mar-14 14:03:00

Through work I have met a few slebs. I think it is impossible to judge finally on one meeting as the simple attrition of fame can make the 'famous' fed up enough at times to be rude.
Not an excuse but an explanation maybe.

But a group of rumours is interesting. Michael Parkinson was very rude to my cousin & I have heard rumours of his being very high handed.
No surprise that these people are many sided.
Susan Sarandon and Debbie Harry were both lovely.
Tony Benn and Clare short : both adorable.
Boy George: loved him.
Jack Dee, shy and low key.
I saw Jamie Oliver running for a train with his wife and 2 kids and a troubled possibly homeless guy stopped him to say something and Oliver treated him really well despite his wife tryng to get him on a train. Very impressive.
Maxine Peake was according to dh ridiculously down to earth not one bit of grandeur: so happy about that. I met Diana a few times and she ranged from extreme warmth/glamour and charisma to haunted self doubting grumpiness. But most memorable was how much she laughed in quite a horsey Sloaney way. She also looked absolutely perfect and smelt divine, her skin was beautiful. Really tall too. She had fantastic people skills from what I saw.

MadAriadne Wed 19-Mar-14 13:47:46

Young ds and I bumped into louise redknapp at heathrow airport a few years ago. She smiled sympathetically when I wouldn't let cross ds buy a huge bag of sweets. Then saw them boarding our flight to Barbados (not in same section of plane wink). A few days later we were eating out in a local restaurant when she walked past en route to the loo. Waved a cheery hello. Seemed genuinely friendly.

Forago Wed 19-Mar-14 11:18:35

me! me!

ladypete Wed 19-Mar-14 11:15:52

Trinny. Very arrogant.

hollyisalovelyname Thu 20-Feb-14 20:08:24

F*****gWankwi***. I do too please

FluffyDucky Sun 16-Feb-14 22:53:16

I've had this thread in my watched list, I've finally finished reading through it!
I met Sophie Ellie Bexter a few years ago on a plane, really really lovely. Very smiley!
I got interviewed on local radio by Anne Diamond a few years back, she was lovely. Chatted to me before and after, seemed very genuine.

Where I'm from in the North of Scotland, a lot of the Royal Family used to visit due to the Queen Mum's holiday home being there. I've seen Prince Charles a few times up close (although not spoken to directly) Lovely bloke, always had a soft spot for him. I remember waving to Prince Andrew & William when I was little as they went past in their Land Rover, they waved back

Stephen Fry sent me a signed photo to give to my husband on our wedding day after I wrote a letter to him.

mrspremise Thu 13-Feb-14 19:43:23

Agree that Rowan Atkinson is ghastly. Celia Imrie is bloody fabulous, very classy lsdy. Lembit Opik was a fick even before he hooked up with a cheeky girl and Vharles Kennedy was fantastic, lovely, lovely man. I never voted lib dem again after they got rid.

FuckingWankwings Mon 10-Feb-14 10:58:34

grin

<<waits for Handsup>>

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 08-Feb-14 22:17:04

I do, Wankwings!
Now there's a sentence I never anticipated being able to use.

FuckingWankwings Tue 04-Feb-14 10:16:53

Anyone else REALLY want to hear the Patsy Kensit details? grin

Handsup Sun 02-Feb-14 00:03:44

DH has given me the following updates on the following slebs he's met:

Johnny Depp doing an unannounced 10 minute charity appearance dressed as a Captain Jack Sparrow - shy, funny and very modest

Halle Berry - stuck up bitch (his words, not mine)

Hugh Grant - great guy. Friendly, chatty despite the woman he was with who just wanted to usher him along but Hugh was having none of it. He wanted a beer with hubby, end of story.

Jenny Seagrove - fruit basket. I can vouch for that too.

Densal Washington - disappointing. Took himself far too seriously.

Will Smith - very nice. Good fun, lots of high fives.

Gary Barlow - biggest prick to walk planet earth. Enjoyed looking down on people.

Jim Carrey - sterne, uptight and looked a right bastard (again his words not mine).

Patsy Kensit after she spit up with Gallagher - too shocking to repeat.

amyshellfish Mon 27-Jan-14 20:51:40

The Saturdays are apparently lovely - they appeared at a Christmas party held in a children's hospital a few years ago and posed for photos with all the children.

Im glad Cate Blanchett and Benedict Cumberbatch are nice!

ViviDeBeauvoir Sun 26-Jan-14 17:38:24

Barry Mcguigan - lovely
Paul Heaton (from the beautiful south) offered to buy me a drink but was very polite when I declined.
Lee Hurst (think that's his name) comedian bloke was very smiley and friendly
Rik Alessi from Neighbours (yes, I was that lucky) was fairly innocuous - just a normal guy
David Baddiel was pleasant, whereas Steve Coogan was a miserable git

This might make me sound like a crackpot! I once met someone who I later realised was David Icke.
He was actually quite interesting and charismatic. We spent time talking about the human condition/psychics/all of the stuff you'd expect. He told me his name was David but me being a naive youngster I didn't make the connection. He invited me to continue the discussion but I was travelling to meet my then boyfriend so declined. He tried to insist initially but I was quite firm. I didn't make the connection about who he was until years much later!

justgirl Sun 26-Jan-14 16:07:10

I am sure there are more, but off the top of my head Bradley Walsh is lovely, our line of work meant that we had to go into his house and garden, he was having a party, insisted we stayed for a drink.

Same line of work meant DP on many occasions has had to go inside Ray Wintons, nice bloke...although once was fairly drunk and insisted me DP waited while he went to get something...came back with signed photographs (that DP naturally didnt want) awkward.

sazzal2004 Tue 21-Jan-14 15:57:24

Never met any nasty slebs :/
My dad's worked with Russell Crowe a few times and is absolutely lovely - helps we are remotely related I think.
Mr cumberbatch is a true gent too, and helped me when struggling with pram, shopping and stroppy 2 y/o, had to resist from falling over and declaring my love for him.
Ge to see quite a few where I live smile

walterwhiteswife Mon 20-Jan-14 22:06:48

frank lampard jnr when I told him he couldn't eat his own food in my pub turned round and said do you know who I am!!
becks is just lovely had to get my doormen to get him safety to his car and he stopped and thanked me personally.
Ashley Cole is also a massive prick

complexnumber Mon 06-Jan-14 22:52:16

Went to school with Hugh Grant, he was a smashing bloke then.

Well liked by his peers, but that was 35 years ago.

AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 05-Jan-14 16:54:17

Rory McGrath is deeply unpleasant. As is John Prescott. Richard Curtis wasn't all that... polite... either.

On the other hand, Brad Pitt has beautiful manners.

clara26 Wed 01-Jan-14 12:00:27

Tommy cooper told my then 6year old uncle to fuck off when he met him in an airport. Never liked him or thought he was funny.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 01-Jan-14 11:53:55

Did Camilla actually do her own shopping ? I thought she would have a housekeeper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now