The nastiest/meanest/rudest celeb you've met/come across...

(775 Posts)
dashboardconfessionals Thu 02-Oct-08 11:02:06

Message withdrawn

sarah00001 Tue 04-Aug-15 14:33:33

I met Bradley Walsh in a hotel in Torquay about 17 years ago when I was a waitress and he seemed quite nice - very jokey and liked the attention - but
still nice. Simon Mayo was a miserable git. I know someone who used to work on GMTV. Apparently Eamonn Holmes and Jenny Falconer are lovely and genuine but Lorraine Kelly is a bit false and stuck up. I once met the late Lena Zavaroni, many years ago. She was very poorly with anorexia and raising money for charity. She was absolutely lovely. Ian Lavender, Pike from Dad's army, was my schoolfriend's uncle. He was round at her house one day and just seemed very normal and down to earth.

Gpo27 Mon 03-Aug-15 03:06:54

In response to the comment about Wayne Coyne, I have to say I spent an afternoon with him and the Flaming Lips guys once as they prepared for a show. Wayne sat and chatted with us for an hour, was one of the friendliest and liveliest pop stars I've ever met, and posed for photographs. Much less up himself than the members of Suede when I met them. I had a much harder time with Marianne Faithfull and Isabelle Huppert .

weeonion Wed 22-Jul-15 21:59:28

Argh -autocorrect. Mini driver was Minnie Driver the actress!

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Wed 22-Jul-15 20:56:59

LOL at 'mini driver' grin

yes, but who was it???

bluejeanswhiteshirt Wed 22-Jul-15 17:42:55

A certain member of One Direction is my cousin so I've met them all. They're (mostly) a lovely bunch wink

gbuk Wed 22-Jul-15 15:42:13

Jenny Agutter....another one who swans to the head of the queue and shouts "don't you know who I am" if anyone objects. The late Richard Griffiths....ugh the smell if you stood within a few feet of him. John Nettles, just lovely to every one

weeonion Wed 22-Jul-15 13:41:02

Just sat and reread this thread - bit creepy to see some names who have been accused / charged / convicted of abuse!

will throw a few of my own into mix!

mani from primal scream - lovely, funny and a total sweetheart. Met him at an after party once and he was a gem. Went out for breakfast with him and primal scream next morning and they were lovely. Left the waitress a huge tip as well.

mini driver - I was standing in pouring rain looking at a sad nativity scene whilst trying to get dd1 to nap in buggy. Another mum came and stood beside me, also with a howling baby. We chatted about the trials of motherhood, post partum bodies, and intensity of it all. I assumed we had met her at some kind of baby class as she was familiar. She was lovely. Only later i realized who she was and that she had been 'hiding" out for a time.

brad Pitt - very lovely. He went out of his way BIG time to help out a vulnerable young woman I know, doing stuff that took up alot of time for no other reason than he wanted justice done.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Jul-15 13:27:48

we used to go out clubbing in late 90s/2000s and one of the actor from The Lakes was out clubbing a lot with us, I've forgotten his name. nice guy tho

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Jul-15 13:26:13

I live near East Dulwich.

A teacher friend of mine has it on good authority that James Nesbitt is a letch with the school mums...

Jo Brand is known round the area for being lovely.

there's a famous actor i saw in a card shop in Northcross Rd but can't think who it is!

lynniep Wed 22-Jul-15 12:44:18

I can't think of any who are really nasty.
Denise Van Outen was a bit tetchy with me once at an aftershow party, but to be fair I was very drunk and probably spouting nonsense at her.
Hugh Grant was lovely when I asked him if he would have a pic taken with my friend Jackie (who was too afeard to ask). This was when he was filming 'about a boy' in regents park.
Sir Trevor Macdonald was also happy to have his photo taken with my (now ) DH (he was too scared to ask too so I had to do it)
Alan Davies left a message for my bf at the time on my phone to prove I'd met him. Which was nice.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Jul-15 12:26:31

have met at a sleb party:-

Natalie Imbruglia (tiny) and could not dance to save her life
Mark Owen - tiny but got off with any woman he could there and I think was shagging one in the toilet
seen Noel Gallagher in chip shop in Marylebone - he hid behind the counter when he saw we'd 'seen' him but we saw loads of slebs there

seen out and about:-

Lily Allen
Zoe Ball
etc... all fine... just doing their 'thang'.

met Paul Weller and the woman from Republica at an after party for concert - ok nothing stood out.

see Richard Ayokade (sp?) off the IT crowd - never spoken but he always seems an utter sweetheart!

have heard from someone who used to work with Catherine Zeta Jones that indeed she is a 100% bitch.

I can't think of anyone else offhand but friends work in TV/film, they're fine when you work with them, Gary Lucy etc.

ArgentinianMalbec Thu 11-Jun-15 21:54:02

Ugh. Jim Davidson. What a cock!

This thread has my favourite post on mumsnet ever: 'the world's most stuck up nail technician' about Steven Gerrards's wife

opalfire Sun 07-Jun-15 20:04:20

Really interesting reading this thread from the start in 2008 esp references to letchy Jimmy Saville and Max Clifford.

I too can confirm Bob Geldolf as a rude and arrogant git when he played when I was at Uni. Madness and the Pogues on the other hand were great.

EachandEveryone Sun 10-May-15 22:04:29

My friends sister also told me Jerry Springer is horrific to work with.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 12-Apr-15 18:59:10

I read Emma Watson as Emma Thomson and was hmm

EachandEveryone Mon 06-Apr-15 20:46:25

Two people have told me Emma Watson is a diva.

MissAMinton Sun 22-Mar-15 11:47:10

I met Jacqueline Wilson the kids author when I worked at a bookshop and she was doing a signing. She was rude and horrible to the staff but nice to all the kids thankfully.

I wouldn't buy her books now though.

IzzyWizzyBizzy123 Fri 20-Feb-15 19:14:13

Interesting how the same names seem to crop up time and again as being arses....No smoke without fire and all that hmm

Which has made me really disappointed as Floella Benjamin seems to be a right cow according to everyone! I met her whilst I was a student as she was the chancellor or something and she was lovely! She called me "daaahhling" (in non-patronising way I thought!) and said my hair looked "beautiful". Feel gutted after reading this thread!sad

Andcake Thu 29-Jan-15 14:38:09

Clive Anderson walks his dog in the park near where I live - always looks moody but in fairness once when my toddler (who was having a run around the park) got excited about his dog he did stop and let ds pat it and I made minor small talk about the dogs name and the weather. He was just a bit of a grumpy old man. I was a bit embarrassed but he obviously realized that an 18 month old didn't recognize him and just saw a cute dog.
others I can remember now -
Billy Bragg lovely and funny.
Daisy Lowe - horrible, snotty.

Labtest7 Thu 29-Jan-15 14:28:00

A celeb but a celeb's wife; I worked for 5 years with Clive Anderson's wife at a London hospital. She is without doubt the most vile person I have ever met.

vienna1981 Mon 26-Jan-15 13:37:21

I've met a few famous folk through my airport work. Thankfully, none of them have been unpleasant:

Jools Holland. The same in person as on television.

Patrick Moore. Ditto the above. Larger than life. Eccentric.

Paul McCartney. Very affable. Great considering how poorly Linda was at the time.

The Eagles. Admittedly I saw little of them but their air stewardess promised me they were very well behaved wink .

John Major. Somewhat tight-lipped but he was in the middle of an election campaign.

I once passed Roger Daltrey in an Isle of Man hotel corridor. We exchanged "good mornings" and carried on our separate ways.

Andel Tue 20-Jan-15 15:30:18

The guy who played Lofty in Eastenders - walked straight into him with my head down in the rain - he was sweet, apologetic (though my fault), softly spoken and very shy. He was very tall and also gorgeous (which was a surprise). Ben Elten was lovely too.
A disappointing one was Ronnie Drew of the Dubliners, who was a hero of mine. Not horrible but grabbed my pen and gave me his autograph fast when I hadn't asked for it and seemed a bit arrogant - in stark contrast to the other lovely, friendly members of the group who stopped to chat.
Two who have been met by several people I know and are desrcibed as 'absolutely horrible and obnoxious' are Cilla Black and Mick Hucknall. Though by the looks of things that's a unanimous experience.

maxie123 Tue 13-Jan-15 13:50:58

Horrible/nice celebrities that I have met -Paul Daniels = loud mouthed -tight arse dwarf, so up his own arse --Wendy Craig --stuck up rude bitch----Ulrika Jonsson- comes across curt and snobbish. Scary spice --hyper totally hyper, very very loud, but shes ok, not stuck-up. Max Beezley -charming (chatted me up lol) -Kevin Woodford (tv cook) -lovely lovely man, a true gentleman. Robert Lindsay and his wife Rosemary Ford - they are fine, just act ordinary. Lorraine Kelly - lovely lady, what you see is what you get, shes like that all the time, no front. Johnny Vegas (chatted me up hahah but he was totally pissed off his head) --very funny guy though.

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 06-Jan-15 07:20:36

I met little Mo off Eastenders 'sss husband ... Trevor was it? 'Orrible cunt he was on the soap. In real life?

Drumroooooooll.....

NICE GUY.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now