The nastiest/meanest/rudest celeb you've met/come across...

(822 Posts)
dashboardconfessionals Thu 02-Oct-08 11:02:06

Message withdrawn

Longstocking2 Wed 20-Apr-16 13:08:22

I heard a story once that Jim Davidson was so rude about a woman pilot announcing take off, something like "I don't want to go on a plane with a girl driving!"
and I think he either got off or was asked to leave. Sounds so true.

Boy George lovely lovely lovely lovely

Susan Sarandon lovely lovely lovely

Debbie Harry adorable lovely adorable lovely

dh says Walliams is lots of things I won't write here.
Dh says Christopher Ecclestone was the arseist man he's ever met in his life.
Dh said Helen Mirren was a goddess
I saw Nigella Lawson with her late husband on a plane and they were so loving with each other, very sweet. She was reading an Italian newspaper (brainy woman)

Dollymixtureyumyum Wed 13-Apr-16 22:35:20

Second Richard Blackwood.

Lenazabaglione Mon 11-Apr-16 20:43:19

Chris Packham - just vile. Incredibly rude, bossy and full of himself.

He was staying at the same hotel as us and demanded to be served before anyone else, etc.

Also knocked my small son over and didn't apologise, which I am still raging about (two years later!)

Quityabitchen Mon 11-Apr-16 20:03:34

Where does everyone meet these celebrities? I live in Sheffield and Jarvis Cocker and The Human League decamped eons ago

madelinehatter Mon 11-Apr-16 19:45:08

Get on the queue Pirate!

PirateSmile Mon 11-Apr-16 16:29:11

She was stunning and young? No bother, as I hear Ewan McGregor isn't fussy smile

Bob from Emmerdale (Tony Audenshawe) is very friendly and down to earth. Bugger, this is meant to be about horrid celebs.

Amanda Holden also thought she knew me and did that double air kiss thing whilst asking how my children were. My husband was totally bemused and asked how the heck I knew her.

I think I must look like someone who works for ITV.

florianblossom Mon 11-Apr-16 16:17:21

Pirate, I think it was a trendy Hetro friendly gay bar smile
She was stunning, tiny petite, stylish mixed race girl who was quite young so not surprising she pulled!
(I enjoyed it vicariously though)

Hopelass Mon 11-Apr-16 16:11:46

Not a massive celeb but Jennie McAlpine (Fiz in Corrie) gave me a very sympathetic smile when out in the park with my toddler who was throwing a massive tantrum and rolling around the floor confused She was with her husband and son.

PirateSmile Mon 11-Apr-16 16:07:06

Which pub in Hagerstown florianblosson?

<poised with pen and paper>

florianblossom Mon 11-Apr-16 16:04:36

My friend claims to have been picked up In pub in Haggerston a couple of years ago and bedded in an impressively long and hard fashion by Micheal Fassbender
It was quite a description

I think that's all the gossip I can remember for now.....

florianblossom Mon 11-Apr-16 15:59:13

Ruby Wax crashed her car drunk in the street and had to be taken home by a passer by, she went to rehab shortly afterwards
Ewan McGregor - was charming and witty but a MASSIVE flirt With anybody really, he didn't seem too fussy at all

florianblossom Mon 11-Apr-16 15:55:55

And one of the male actors from Hollyoaks
I had to kick him out of a bar because he was so obviously doing massive amounts of coke totally blatantly and not trying to hide it at all

florianblossom Mon 11-Apr-16 15:54:03

Tony Blackburn
I went to a Private Screening of Pretty in Pink in Soho when I was a teenager
He was hosting and he told me that he would "Come and feel you up in the interval"
I was 15 on my own
He continued to make creepy sleazy comments to me through the whole introduction to the film, In fron of the whole Audience!
He thought he was being charming and witty :/

Just Urgh

Bagatelle1 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:47:42

Oh, I met Liam Gallagher a couple of times and he was lovely. Both to me and my DS smile

Declan Donnelly bought me a glass of wine once, at the Malmaison in Manchester. He thought I was someone he knew. When he realised his mistake, he drank it himself, the cad. That's a lie, he was very very charming, and he even came over to our table later, for a chat, making out we were old friends, which impressed my little sister no end.

WellThankYouAJPTaylor Mon 11-Apr-16 13:49:15

I love these threads!

I have lived a life unencumbered by celebs, nice or nasty. But I will roll out my one offering as I always do, and say that I used to serve the author Ian Rankin regularly when I worked at a coffee shop in Edinburgh, and he was always extremely nice smile

That's it really! I sat across from Dylan Moran once but didn't have the nerve to say anything. He was writing in a notebook and looking very Bernard Black.

Michelle Collins - spent an entire night staring at my dh from the other side of a ball we were at like she was either going to kill him or shag him - still have no idea what that was all about as he insists he's never spoken to her. When she wasn't doing that she was in the toilets 'powdering her nose'. I met her another time at a corporate function and she was rude and unstable.

Richard Blackwood - total tosser.

Dozyoldtwonk Sat 09-Apr-16 22:01:07

I wondered into the TOWIE shop Minnies in Brentwood when it first opened. I was completely unaware at the time that it was TOWIE linked (never watched it) so was none the wiser but looking back…Sam Faiers was there & had a face like daggers, giving really fake, insincere smiles to the 'fans' customers. Just gave off a really cold, entitled air as though she was better than everyone else. I get that a lot around those parts actually (I have family in Brentwood before I get flamed).

Just didn't come across as a nice person.

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Sat 09-Apr-16 14:50:10

Fair point Coconutty grin

Coconutty Sat 09-Apr-16 14:22:38

Surely no one thinks Keith Allen would be anything other?grin

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Sat 09-Apr-16 14:04:10

shock at some of these! Mine is a bit crap but many years ago we were at the same ski resort as Keith Allen who, after I smiled perfectly pleasantly at him on recognising him, gave me a very deliberate nasty/sarcastic smile back, as in a 'What you looking at?' type of smile. He was also similarly rude later when we bumped into him in a supermarket. Can't watch him now without thinking angry.

CallaLilli Sat 09-Apr-16 09:31:19

My friend worked on the production of strictly and said Bruce Forsythe is universally hated in the industry as he is such a nasty and narcissistic tiresome man. Not surprising.

My friend knew the guy who used to deliver sandwiches to the set of one of Brucie's shows. At Christmas the delivery guy would usually get tips from everyone he delivers to. However, no such tip was forthcoming from Bruce. Delivery guy finally worked up the courage to ask why and Bruce replied "Here's a tip: in the future, don't be so fucking late when delivering my sandwiches." Charming!

Fontella Mon 04-Apr-16 14:51:14

Chris Evans is lovely. Quiet, softly spoken and easy to talk to. He seemed a little sad / vulnerable when I met him but very, very nice. Absolutely nothing like his larger than life persona. He was single at the time, approached me as I stood at a bar and gently chatted me up until some guy bounced up saying he was a huge fan, and I snuck off. He wasn't my type unfortunately but I recommend him as a human being regardless!

He's changed then because when I encountered him (more than once through work) back in the day, he was a right wanker.

Agree with the poster who said 'Hyacinth Bucket' - Patricia Routledge is lovely in real life. She is.

I also encountered Cilla through work (no, I'm not cabin crew) and she was awful,

poorbuthappy Fri 01-Apr-16 03:51:34

Damien Lewis is lovely (although he was quite drunk but so was I!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now