The nastiest/meanest/rudest celeb you've met/come across...

(748 Posts)
dashboardconfessionals Thu 02-Oct-08 11:02:06

I'll start...

Jim Davidson once came to my village and played in a celebrity football match with the locals for charity.

After the match, there were several kids lined up for his autograph. He stomped past, scowling and with a dismissive wave of his hand and a barked ' no! ', he walked off into the village hall to change ...

I know he is not exactly a sleb, but best I can do...

soaccidentprone Sun 21-Jul-13 20:59:00

Seb Coe ran into me when I was a teenager about 30 years ago. He sent me flying and knocked my musical instrument case out of my hand and broke it. He didn't stop. Knob. Apparently all his neighbours hated him, which is why he left sheffield.

Have seen jarvis cocker loads of times in the park with his kids, and queuing for ice cream like everyone else. Quite quiet and unassuming. As is Richard Hawley.

Met Billy Bragg a couple of times. Once at Camp Bestival where he was playing. Saw him buying churros for his teenage son. Dh (bit drunk at the time) had a long chat and shook hands with him. He was lovely and charming.

alicerose123 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:50:41

Noel Fielding is by far the LOVELIEST celeb I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! He was more than happy to take a photo with me, and he chatted about his new tv show (luxury comedy). He even gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek afterwards!

Gok Wan was slightly 'off', however, he was inbetween filming, so I guess he was just a bit distracted.

I've heard Sharon Osbourne is lovely, and, as has been heard many times over, Lady Gaga is apparently the nicest woman in pop.

Brian May is apparently very nice (according to my hairdresser).

The biggest twat ever (and I've heard this from 2 different people) is Duncan James from Blue. My friend tells a story of how she went to go and see them in concert when she was around 10 and managed to get backstage. One of her friends asked Duncan to sign her ticket and he snatched it off her, ripped it up and threw it on the floor. What an arsehole! Another friend of mine has seen him in a gay club and tells me he's incredibly rude and arrogant.

Fairyloo Tue 23-Jul-13 17:53:10

Lorraine Kelly is a twat,

Louis Walsh lovely

alicerose123 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:54:38

Also David Beckham is a lovely man, as is Prince Harry.

Professor Green and Example, however, are total wankers (they're also friends, which figures)

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 23-Jul-13 20:00:54

'Lorraine Kelly is a twat' shock shock

That's like finding out your granny is a serial killer.

ediblewoman Tue 23-Jul-13 20:21:13

Robson Greene (in his Soldier Soldier days) totally lovely, came to our cast party at a sixth form play (he was in a production at the Theatre in the town with our drama teacher) was delightful, entertaining and left before us all. When we got the bill he'd picked up the drinks tab (for about 15/20 of us)!

My sister's;

Neneh Cherry; offered to put up a waitress who worked in a coffee shop she came to when she lost her flat as she knew her nanny.

Jude Law; same cafe told his son off for being rude to my sister, made him leave before his treat. JL settled the bill and left a big tip.

Arses; Matt thingy the Dr Who, in a bar in London, I had no idea who he was but commented on his Blue Peter badge in a gosh I always wanted one if them, he was well rude and a bit of a 'don't you know who I am'

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 24-Jul-13 09:28:22

That's nice about Jude Law! I think he has a bit of an image problem; a lot of people seem to know/think/assume that he's a tit. I'm happy to hear this because I fancy him

Matt Smith does sound like an arse from that story.

WinkyWinkola Wed 24-Jul-13 09:31:18

I'm glad to hear that about Noel Fielding. I really fancy him. A lot.

Ezio Fri 09-Aug-13 13:48:27

Most of the Pussycat Dolls = Strolling around like their shit dont stink.

Cristiano Ronaldo = Arrogant little dickhead.

Gary Neville = Quiet, but was willing to stand for ages to give autographs.

Louis Saha (Footballer) = Sweet, said "Merci", when i picked up his iPod.

Martin Jol (Former Spurs Manager) = So polite, with the most gorgeous smile i've ever seen.

clam Sun 11-Aug-13 13:21:49

Jude Law: my cousins used to babysit for him. He wrote a lovely letter to my uncle after the death of my aunt, who he knew well.

KittyLane1 Sun 11-Aug-13 17:17:38

Susan Boyle: lovely, giggly and giddy

Frankie Boyle: friendly and smiley

Jimmy Carr: very nice and chatty

Max from The Wanted: lovely and teased me about how polite I was

Will and Kate: he was lovely she was pretty stand offish

Story about Katie Price:

In a restaurant, she was clearly drunk, shouting that she wanted to sing and constantly flirting and winking at anything that passed her. Harvey was having a tantrum, Junior was crying and Pete was desperately trying to calm all 3 of them down.

KittyLane1 Sun 11-Aug-13 17:20:07

Also my friend worked in music and met Marilyn Manson, she said he couldn't be nicer, friendlier or more insecure.

He kept asking if everyone enjoyed the gig and when my friend say x could have been better and he looked like a whipped puppy

theyoniwayisnorthwards Sun 11-Aug-13 17:24:52

I served Kerry Katona in a shop about 10 years ago. She was absolutely lovely and very patient (I was a crap shop assistant).

Allen Leech (Branson from Downton) is charming, down to earth and very funny.

MillionPramMiles Mon 12-Aug-13 13:12:19

Vic Beckham spotted being very sympathetic to a travel sick young child on a flight, handing tissues etc.

A friend worked with Jamie Oliver, apparently he really is as genuinely nice as his image.

emsiepoops Sun 29-Sep-13 23:34:35

I served Jason Manford in my McDrivethru once and I reeeally thought I recognised him!

"Are you who I think you are? blush"
"And who do you think I am? grin"
"A funny guyyy blush"

He winked and then parked up cos his food wasn't ready, got a photo smile

Hoojimiflip Tue 01-Oct-13 00:28:44

Floella Benjamin was horrid to us as children, rude, refused autograph.

Hugh Laurie was extremely rude to an elderly acquaintance who was just trying to say hello.

Ian Hislop was an absolute gentleman and chatted for ages to DH.

Boris Johnson is very engaging for as long as you have his attention.

moldingsunbeams Thu 03-Oct-13 18:47:38

Brain May was an absoloute darling when he came to my work.
Sharon Osbourne was lovely with my then very small dd in a hotel.
Louis Walsh is lovely
Howard Donald is a star, spent forever chatting to dd.
Robbie Williams was a complete twat when he came to work but was having a bad day.
Ian Mckellan (sp?) Lovely lovely man

Watchatalltimes Sat 05-Oct-13 12:53:07

Gordon Ramsay - very chatty, even better looking in the flesh and not a bit like the way he was on TV. David Cameron - before he became Prime Minister came to the village where my parents live, seemed nice and friendly. Des Lynam - seemed a bit grumpy when I met him once. My brother received a lovely e-mail from Gill Harbord (Ladette to Lady) when he wrote to tell her that he was really gutted that the show had been cancelled, she e-mailed him back to say that she was too.

ILoveMakeUp Sat 05-Oct-13 13:07:12

I am so happy to hear it confirmed that Lorraine Kelly is horrible. I have always thought that, although never met her.

mrspremise Sat 19-Oct-13 16:03:15

Brian May really is a very pleasant man.
Charles Kennedy was charming when he came to talk to the students at the university I worked at (we met,unsurprisingly, in the bar, but he did stand half a dozen or so of us a pint).
Lembit Opik, on the other hand, was ghastly.
Celia Imrie is gorgeous and a lot of fun
Camilla Parker Bowles (as she was then) used to shop at my local supermarket and was a genuinely lovely lady.
Terry Jones and Michael Palin are bloody brilliant. I was so starstruck.

nancerama Sat 19-Oct-13 16:13:35

Vic Reeves - horrid, underprepared and unprofessional.

Edith Bowman - hideously rude and lacking in respect.

That bloke from the gadget show - highly strung and flouncy.

Dara O'Briain - charming, delightful and mischievous

Ant & Dec incredibly professional and rather serious

Jonny Vegas - generous and lovely.

BurlyShassey Wed 23-Oct-13 18:14:10

DC asleep on sofa next to me. sooooo.....

been through EVERY post on this thread!

somne of the early ones saying about saville and max Clifford being sleazy and that was back in the early posts !!!!

I used to work for seb coe. can confirm hes inside out! total prat.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 01-Jan-14 11:53:55

Did Camilla actually do her own shopping ? I thought she would have a housekeeper.

clara26 Wed 01-Jan-14 12:00:27

Tommy cooper told my then 6year old uncle to fuck off when he met him in an airport. Never liked him or thought he was funny.

AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 05-Jan-14 16:54:17

Rory McGrath is deeply unpleasant. As is John Prescott. Richard Curtis wasn't all that... polite... either.

On the other hand, Brad Pitt has beautiful manners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now