Am I The Only One Who Finds Carpool Karaoke Unbearable?

(14 Posts)
1ittlegreen Sat 20-Aug-16 20:59:42

I think I like James Corden and I get that he has broken the USA with his Carpool Karaoke but whenever I watch it I get a creeping sense of doom.

I feel like all my insides are curling up at the 'try hard' of the celebrities.

Does anyone else feel like this? Is there any other sleb that you want to like but inwardly makes you cringe?

Heavens2Betsy Sun 21-Aug-16 12:17:25

I like James cordon but I'm baffled at the level of his success.
Some of the Celebs have been great but a few have been a bit cringe
I always wonder if he really is driving or not

Faez Thu 25-Aug-16 18:41:11

I thought it was just me, very uncomfortable viewing.

Allofaflumble Thu 25-Aug-16 18:45:40

It is awful. America seems to adopt some rather strange Brits, Ricky Gervais, Corden and Cher Lloyd. Strange isn't the right word but I wonder ... Why them. Also Alan Cummins/Cummings.

ImperialBlether Thu 25-Aug-16 18:47:11

I have to admit I've been amazed at his success but I do really like Carpool Karaoke!

Hassled Thu 25-Aug-16 18:48:05

I love it. Have never felt uncomfortable - yes, they're all trying too hard but I don't care. It's a laugh.

Cher Lloyd though shock. Really?

GraciesMansion Thu 25-Aug-16 18:54:15

I love it and James Corden. He's doing amazingly well in the US.

Assam Thu 25-Aug-16 18:59:37

What channel is it on? I like jc I want to see this!

cathyandclare Thu 25-Aug-16 19:00:34

Allof I saw Alan Cummings on Broadway in Cabaret and he was staggeringly good, I think that helped to build his reputation in America. Similarly, I think James Corden was admired in One man...

I've loved a few carpool karaokes , Michelle Obama, Adele and love those-but I think I've only looked at the ones that have been raved about, not the cringey ones.

Autumnchill Thu 25-Aug-16 19:05:28

Love Carpool but then decided to watch his chat show and didn't think much to it. Now John Oliver on the other hand grin

freetrampolineforall Thu 25-Aug-16 19:06:11

Michelle Obama on it is, as ever, utterly fantastic. Jennifer Lopez was pretty funny as was Iggy Azelea. I never liked James Corden. I do a bit now.

expatinscotland Thu 25-Aug-16 19:07:53

No, you are not. I find Corden about as funny as a maggot sandwich. Can't abide him.

Allofaflumble Thu 25-Aug-16 19:13:41

cathyandclare I wasn't trying to say he shouldn't have had such success, he's a tremendous actor and I really like him, just it is funny how certain people do make it over there when others fail.

For example Gary Barlow (boring) but he's considered a good singer and song writer but came to nothing in the States.

I dont know if it is true about Cher Lloyd but she's been living over there a good few years and you don't do that on fresh air.

cathyandclare Thu 25-Aug-16 22:22:21

So true, it's difficult to predict- lots of more obvious stars haven't made it. If you can make it there you'll make it anywhere and all that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now