whats everyones best & worst kids tv programmes they are forced to watch by their dc?

(24 Posts)
choccyhobnobaddict Sat 13-Feb-16 12:57:16

So after being forced to watch all sorts of weird and (occasionally) wonderfull kids tv shows for the past 6 Years it strikes me that there is only one or two I don't actually mind watching Sofia the first which my dd LOVES and Ben and holly which I actually lol at hmm
But the majority I find truely awful - Goldie and bear is my new rage inducer but there's plenty of others I can't stand - micky mouse, waybolu... And the controversial choice of Mr tumble *runs for cover*
wink
What do other parents love and hate?

bumbleclat Sat 13-Feb-16 16:42:20

Adventure Time is just fantastic... That really is the only one I can be in the same room as!

AmericanPastoral Sun 14-Feb-16 14:25:41

I loathed In the Night Garden.

Jibberjabberjooo Tue 16-Feb-16 09:02:14

I love Ben and Holly, Hey Duggee, Furchester hotels and Octonauts.

Hate hate Mr Tumble (my youngest loves it), Grandpa in my pocket is just crap and luckily my eldest hates Dora.

melonribena Tue 16-Feb-16 09:47:23

I love q pootle 5 and paw patrol!
Hate in the night garden and peppa pig!

Busybuzzybumblebee Sat 27-Feb-16 18:24:56

Love Ben and holly, and Timmy time.

I loath fireman Sam, smug twat!

waitingforgodot Sat 27-Feb-16 19:55:42

Don't know if it's on any more but my ds used to love Carrie and David's pop shop. I still have nightmares about that programme

BettyBleue Sat 27-Feb-16 23:01:26

I love Bing, Rastamouse and Mr Bloom because I fancy him. My 8 Month old DD seems to love these too. She also loves Waybaloo which I'm not too keen on, but I like the idea of getting kids to do yoga; and she always has a big smile when watching Night Garden. I hate Swashbuckle.

WonderingAspie Sun 06-Mar-16 21:32:31

Me and DH have been known to put Ben and Holly on when DD isn't even up blush.

I can cope with Sofia because DD loves her but she is so bloody goody goody and twee.

I loathe grampa in my pocket, telly tubbies, bloody Topsy and Tim, Mr Tumble (anything with Justin King of Cbeebies actually), Fireman Sam, useless and incompetent Postman Pat, many more but can't think of them all.

I like the Clangers.

OneWordTwoSyllables Fri 11-Mar-16 12:56:09

My daughter is 6 months old and I only watched CBeebies with her for the first time this week - Wtaf is Topsy and Tim?! Surely the most irritating programme ever.

MissLanaBanana Fri 11-Mar-16 13:02:47

I love adventure time! Don't mind a bit of something special. Hate peppa and Ben and holly with a passion!

HerdOfRhino Sun 03-Apr-16 12:03:50

I deliberately only show ds (age 2) kids' show I like. smile

He loves Kipper and Sooty.

stargirl1701 Sun 03-Apr-16 12:07:36

Love Woolly & Tig, Melody, Balamory I Can Cook, and Katie Morag.

Hate Boj, Rastamouse, Justin's House, Gigglebiz.

GastonsPomPomWrath Sun 03-Apr-16 12:16:15

My 3 year old is obsessed with Pj Masks. She screams blue murder if she's 'not allowed' to be Owlette or Catboy in the game.

I have no idea wtf it's all about. I retreat to the kitchen.

zoomtothespoon Sat 09-Apr-16 22:00:19

I fucking hate iggle piggle the smug blue cunt.

blush

EffieWilson Sun 10-Apr-16 12:12:35

I will actively watch Adventure Time even when no dc's are present, and I'm converting adults who've never heard of it at a rate of knots.

I used to love a bit of Postman Pat, found it strangely melancholic.....

That weird yoga and cartoon animals with real children being taught yoga used to send me dolally though.

zoobornstv Wed 13-Jul-16 12:51:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

babynearlyhere Thu 14-Jul-16 14:38:49

I hate whiney Bing. My 3 year old as just got into Tree Fu Tom on cbeebies..... now there's a weird show if ever there was one.

I actually LOVE Something Special. I like Justin. There.

Onedaftmonkey Thu 28-Jul-16 23:37:33

Love little princess but can't stand Peppa. Think it's all those plummy voices. Also don't love the fact the narrator in Thomas has changed a couple of times since ds was born.

DaughtersofTriton Sat 10-Sep-16 13:39:05

Best IMO is anything from the 90s. All the stuff I used to watch on Nick and Cartoon Network.

Ren and Stimpy, CatDog, Hey Arnold, Ahh Real Monsters, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, The Wild Thonberries, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, I Am Weasel, Ed Edd n Eddy...

Disney Channel cartoons. The spin offs from the films, like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Timon and Pumbaa, Tail Spin.

Art Attack. Rosie and Jim. The dreaded Teletubbies.

Also, 80s shows like XMEN and He Man, ReBoot.

The classics: Scooby Doo and all the HannaBarbara stuff. The Simpsons and Futurama.

Modern stuff we like: Sanjay and Craig, SpongeBob SquarePants, Adventure Time, Star Wars.

Not a fan of CBeebies or CBBC. Find most of their programmes twee and patronising. We liked Nev the Bear though.

Sorry, that turned into a nostalgia information dump.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sat 10-Sep-16 13:51:25

Used to love watching Come Outside with DS, and Balamory. Oh, and Little Princess.

He moved on to Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo quite quickly. Never watched v. much CBBC at all.

Now he is 13 and we watch Arrow and The Flash with him. Oliver Queen - I am happy grin and I never go into his room just to gaze at his poster of the Arrow, oh no

WomanFromAnotherPlace Wed 14-Sep-16 00:32:13

Blaze and the Monster Machines.
I just hate the way Blaze keeps breaking the fourth wall to ask questions of the viewer.

Example: "The tunnel is 4 feet wide. Darington is 5 feet wide. Will Darington fit through the tunnel?"
long pause while Blaze stares expectantly at you
"No!"

I get that it's supposed to be some sort of educational angle, but Blaze, if you already know the answer to your question why are you asking me? Smug truck fucker!

Twozealotmorethan1 Sun 27-Nov-16 00:06:57

I've a 4 year old.

Love: Do You Know? (I learn something new every time!), Melody, My First, I Can Cook, Gigglebiz and My Family, Octonauts, Woolly & Tig, and Andy's Dinosaur Adventures.

Dislike: Q Pootle 5 (weird overall with creepy animation and super annoying theme music), Kate and Mimmim (bizarre!) and Charlie and Lola (just annoying).

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 30-Nov-16 07:47:01

2 year old nephew loves Topsy and Tim - I hate it with every fibre of my being. Love the changers though, and I appreciate that Justin Fletcher seems to me like a decent bloke.

DD loves Peppa Pig so we have that on while I get ready for work but there's a programme on before it called "Wissper" and I can't stand it. It's ridiculous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now