would you betray your DIL - the Geri Halliwell story from the Daily mail

(37 Posts)
ElizabethHoover Sun 28-Dec-14 13:51:41

So you KNOW in the title it is tittle tattle and its from the Daily mail - you don't need to point that out

It looks like his parents have stayed loyal to his first wife and are not so keen he has abandoned her and their kids to jaunt with Geri - hardly known for sticking with partners.

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2888839/The-parents-Red-Bull-F1-chief-Christian-Horner-refuse-marry-Geri-Halliwell.html

DO you think they are right or should respect his relationship choices?

Interesting one,,

Twinklebells Sun 28-Dec-14 13:53:54

I have felt nothing but heartbreak for his ex over him buggering off with Geri so soon after the birth of the baby, so I admire them for making a stand. They will of course want a relationship with their grandchild. I would struggle to support my son if he had behaved in this way I must admit.

NickiFury Sun 28-Dec-14 13:59:12

Children, YOUNG children need more support than grown ones. I am afraid I would be sticking with my grand children where possible. I have never understood how some parents support and defend absolutely beyond the pale behaviour in their children leaving their grandchildren and their mothers out in the cold. Geri is a self absorbed twat, always has been.

ElizabethHoover Sun 28-Dec-14 14:12:13

Interesting

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 14:15:37

That's just tittle tattle from the Daily Mail OP. <runs away>

ElizabethHoover Sun 28-Dec-14 14:15:57

* hulkifies *

TheSpottedZebra Sun 28-Dec-14 14:18:41

Meh, it won't last with Geri, she's right bonkers.

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 14:24:15

But tittle tattle aside, I can only imagine his Mum and Dad's faces when it was announced that he had left his partner of 14 years and mother of his baby daughter and step children.

Then their faces again when they were told it was for none other than Geraldine Estelle Halliwell AKA Ginger Spice.

Double whammy of shock sad angry

Tiredemma Sun 28-Dec-14 14:26:39

GH is a twat.

HayDayRookie Sun 28-Dec-14 19:46:28

CH is a bigger twat.

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 19:52:46

They are a perfect match. smile

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sun 28-Dec-14 19:56:19

Geri, 42?
I seem to be catching up in age to her!

Chocolateteacake Sun 28-Dec-14 20:00:41

Hang on. I remember when she was older than me.

ilovechristmas1 Sun 28-Dec-14 20:04:05

i read the article,did he actually leave dp and kids to be with GH

it wasnt very clear

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 20:07:22

We are led to believe that he left his partner of 14 years and mother of his year old daughter to be with GH.

evelynj Sun 28-Dec-14 20:32:25

Sounds awful. If I did something like that I'd hope my parents wouldn't support me. I certainly wouldn't expect much from anyone. How long have they been dating? I can't imagine how hard this is for any of his loved ones. I can't believe it's as bad as it sounds

MarjorieMelon Sun 28-Dec-14 20:35:53

She is most definitely 42 and she has never lied about her age. She went to Watford Girls school ( the year above me).

Patrickstarxx Sun 28-Dec-14 20:40:07

They deserve each other the twats

Fiddlerontheroof Sun 28-Dec-14 20:43:04

She is, she did go to WGGS and is 42... She was my sisters form prefect, or similar...can't remember now!

My ex did this to me, his parents refused to speak to him for two years...changed their wills much to my horror and sided with me....then they got married, and I don't think they wanted to miss a good wedding, so changed camps....and now they don't speak to me! (I don't miss them!, and thankfully I would imagine they've changed their wills back again!)

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 20:44:52

How can Geri be happy with that though? sad Unless he did leave his partner prior to getting together with GH. I don't know.

DandyHighwayman Sun 28-Dec-14 20:50:22

I dunno. Acc to the article Gh and I forgot his name already got together in March so the baby would have been 3 months old.
Bit icky if true.

I don't blame his parents for being Not Amused.

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Dec-14 20:54:26

Christian Edward Johnston Horner OBE grin

bevelino Sun 28-Dec-14 20:58:53

I think it must be incredibly difficult to make a relationship work in the long term if the parents do not like you. GH can pretend it doesn't matter, but in the long run it will.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sun 28-Dec-14 21:10:11

I'm sure I read something at the time about GH pursuing him. They are both arseholes of equal standing IMO. No idea how true re her pursuing him or how the timings lined up but as I've never had time for the talentless twat, I try not to pay close attention to her.

tribpot Sun 28-Dec-14 21:10:11

So, obviously we have to assume that the story is completely untrue what with it appearing in the Daily Fail. I don't mean the fact that they're together but all this bollocks about what his parents said could be completely made up.

However, it does have a touch of the K Feds about it, and look how well that turned out.

But who knows the truth (certainly not the Daily Mail). The couple could have separated during the pregnancy and the whole thing perfectly amicable, or at the other extreme he could have ditched the mother of his child almost immediately after birth in favour of Geri.

Either way I could see his parents not leaping with joy about him getting engaged to someone else less than a year after his child was born. What's the rush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now