Have you been Cumberbatched? Come join the BCAS - accept no Imitations!

(999 Posts)

Welcome to the Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society grin

All are welcome to share their favourite BC related tales/videos/pictures/gifs etc to feed our addiction.

So whether you love Sherlock, Khan, Tiejens, Creepy Paul, or Martin, we don't mind. Come share the CumberLovin'

Thanks Frankel. Just marking place. smile

Thanks, Frankel. How are you holding up? I found the last few weeks of pregnancy gruelling.

Slowly grinding to a halt! 3 weeks to go now!

This is brilliant. Major spoilers for S3 if you haven't watched yet.

Inglori0us Wed 12-Feb-14 14:03:30

Ooh, new thread. Thanks!
I've been watching this over and over:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPp74zh8lM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsNPp74zh8lM
Hot.

Sudename Wed 12-Feb-14 15:03:07

Help me but Ive been cumberbatched! It kind of snuck up on me and now Im obsessed.

Inglori0us Wed 12-Feb-14 15:20:57

Same. Very strange. I'm prone to random crushes but this one is different somehow. Damn you Cumberbatch.

HRHwheezing Wed 12-Feb-14 16:14:25

Perhaps we could add some favourites links? I'm afraid of losing all those ones from the last Fred.

I could easily spend most of the day looking at them links....

Feel free to post any links you like, even if they've done before! I shall go and seek out my favourites shortly.

Cumberlover76 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:49:07

Hello all and welcome new Cumberaddicts. I will find some faves later.

SciFiFan Wed 12-Feb-14 16:51:35

Love that video needsa.

Went to see 12 years a slave yesterday and BC did NOT disappoint! Can definitely recommend it for those needing a Cumberfix grin.

The man is becoming an overnight obsession. Damn you, Sherlock!

MrsRuffdiamond Wed 12-Feb-14 16:55:19

Can I just say, I visited ds1 at Bristol uni, and he took me on a tour of the grounds of his hall of res., wherein lies the Orangery where Watson's wedding reception was held, and Sherlock did his best man speech!! I actually saw the place where he stood!!

Sorry to get so excited by this blush

Oh we all get ridiculously excited about tenuous links to BC MrsRuffDiamond. I have a few of my own wink.

HRHwheezing Wed 12-Feb-14 17:22:34
Cumberlover76 Wed 12-Feb-14 17:34:45

Ooooh lovely lips HRH. Sexy, fuck me eyes pic! Mmmmmm delicious.

ColinFirthsGirth Wed 12-Feb-14 17:51:51

I didn't even know who Benedict Cumberbatch was a week ago. I had seen him in Tinker Tailor but didn't know who he was and had never watched Sherlock.

Anyway I read about him on mumsnet and looked him up and though he was ok but nothing special. Then I watched the third series of Sherlock. Oh my goodness! I am now officially obsessed and have read ever interview I can find on him.

I have never had crushes on famous people, not even as a teen but he is so utterly lovely.

I have turned into a 15 year old!

HRHwheezing Wed 12-Feb-14 17:53:31

* cumberlover*
You know me well now don't you?
I want that pic life size, pillow size.

I have been ploughing through Casanova. Sigh.

Welcome aboard ColinFirthsGirth, I'm guessing you'll be off to get the DVDs of series 1 & 2 now?! wink

Final link from me, no BCAS thread would be complete without The Purple Shirt of Sex grin

CalamityKate Wed 12-Feb-14 17:57:06

Me. Oh me!

Oakmaiden Wed 12-Feb-14 18:02:16

My sister has promised me that when she marries him I can sit across the room and look at him. And sometimes stroke his hair. So I am happy.

Cumberlover76 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:24:39

Yes HRH I think we've got to know eachother rather well when it comes to our Batch love!

Welcome new peeps, their is something about him that just inspires some kind of OTT teenage crush. If I could wasn't married I'd want to plaster my walls with pics of him as I did with Jonny Depp. As it would is, I just perv at him online, although DH did buy me a Sherlock calendar.

OMFG that 3rd pic Frankel, <swoons>, I've not seen it before and me likey. I could just Photoshop my face in there.

What was it that turned you ColinFirthsGirth? The crashing through window kiss? Hot drugged Sherlock?

Cumberlover76 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:28:38

Look what I have found HRH, how much do you love me?

MrsOakenshield Wed 12-Feb-14 18:41:40

oh my God, I am a very recent Cumberbatch convert - held out from Sherlock for a long time (I loved Jeremy Brett in the very-faithful-to-the-books ITV series in the 80s) but was drawn in by seeing a YouTube clip of That Kiss (yes, I really am that shallow). Borrowed seasons one and two from a colleague and I am hoping for season three from DH for Valentine's (he's always very good about indulging my obsessions - I fully expect Game of Thrones season 3 for Mother's Day and he bought me a Thorin action figure for Christmas).

But I have been blown away, and I did spend an evening a week or so back going through one of your previous threads. And I rewatched Star Trek the other day - phwaaaarrrr!!!!!!

I'm not going to be very good at adding pics as I'm not very good at sleb trawling of the net, but I shall certainly be an avid consumer! And if people could put spoiler alerts on anything season three related I would be very appreciative of that too!

Meant to be hanging the washing out but I shall revisit later at my leisure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now