Harper's topknot.

(10 Posts)
knickernicker Sun 09-Feb-14 18:46:44

I promise I don't devote a huge proportion of my thinking time to this but when I see the pics of Harper I. Immediately think Kim from Kim and Aggie. Harper is a gorgeous little girl with a round head like an apple. The trademark topknot is therefore the least suited style for her little head. She needs two bunches to balance the look. I know this,won't happen as mummy wouldn't want her to look common. Please don't think I'm making comments about q little girl, am just thinking about hairstyles that is all.

1944girl Wed 05-Mar-14 20:32:20

I agree with you I think it looks awful. Not a good hairstyle for a toddler at all.
Just imagine the poor little girl having to have her hair pulled up and twisted on top of her head every day.
Her mother thinks it is stylish so that's all that matters.

DenzelWashington Thu 17-Apr-14 14:36:59

But...you are making comments about a little girl. She's two and a half, she looks sweet and bonny whatever the hairstyle (which is easy and practical). Is there any age where female humans don't have their appearance judged and don't get chided to please other people with their looks?

My daughter is almost the same age, with wild curls. People have started making comments about her hair on the days when I let it fluff out. Am I supposed to pin her down and force a hairstyle on her so random adults like her appearance? It's just not important at that age. Her hair is clean and brushed. I'm just not going to teach her that she has to go through frustration and discomfort to make her body acceptable to others. Other people will try soon enough.

SinglePringle Wed 07-May-14 22:26:00

I think her top knot looks incredibly cute and natural. She's a toddler FFS!

KellyHopter Wed 07-May-14 22:31:07

Her hair is tied up out of her face. Fairly standard for a toddler so no idea what the 'common pigtails' is all about.

Look, you're basically saying this 2yo has an an flattering hairstyle. That pretty fucking fucked up.

KellyHopter Wed 07-May-14 22:31:27

Unflattering*

AmysTiara Wed 07-May-14 22:37:07

Why would she look "common" with bunches? confused

Ledkr Wed 07-May-14 22:40:03

My three year old takes off at the mere mention of a brush never mind hair bands etc.
the child is clearly drugged grin

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 07-May-14 22:41:56

I'm just mystified that any tiny child will tolerate their hair being scraped off their face and tied with an uncomfortable band - let alone a mother being arsed to tie it up like that.

I couldn't bear tight bunches when I was about four or five, and DD would never let me near her to tie her hair until she was at least five.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 07-May-14 22:42:37

Oh cross post - what Ledkr said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now