The BCAS taking us Into Darkness: He is better. At what? Everything

(986 Posts)
LetUsPrey Wed 01-May-13 21:45:27

New thread for the premiere of the new film. Hope it's okay grin

Excited for Friday's Graham Norton show!

Going to message my friend about booking tickets for next Friday.

LetUsPrey Wed 22-May-13 22:31:52

Hope everyone's feeling better GreenCard.

Oh that this was my thigh (for the sake of decency) he was stroking

<resolutely resists any Mrs Slocombe style jokes> grin

Conan O'Brien is my hero. Although, I would have used either Marvin Gaye or the theme from "Shaft"... Definitely something "Bom-chicka-wow-wow"!

(Be sure you're alone when you click here.)

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. DH is now feeling dodgy. At least DS2 has stopped spewing, but we're still being very careful about what he eats. I had no idea how many different ways you can serve up bananas and rusk...

bisley Thu 23-May-13 15:40:59

hey you lot, have you seen this? grin

Fluffymonster Thu 23-May-13 17:00:25

<faints>

<and faints again>

You have no idea how much that has improved my day. grin

So...clearly the scene couldn't have been cut because he wasn't buff enough!

LetUsPrey Thu 23-May-13 18:52:46

Thank you bisley.

I'm trying to think of something witty and appropriate to say but all I can come up with is Fuck. Me.

It's one to bookmark isn't it?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 23-May-13 19:07:32

<faints>

bisley Thu 23-May-13 19:37:55

Good innit? grin Glad to contribute - I've lurked on here and enjoyed your links for quite a while smile

LetUsPrey Thu 23-May-13 22:44:20

Only just clicked on your link GreenCard

Click, faint, repeat

Just...wow. I'm sure that scene was essential to the plot. DVD extras here we come! wink

bisley Fri 24-May-13 07:27:14

Oops, sorry GreenCard, only just spotted that you got there first. Still, double links to that aren't the end of the world eh?

No worries, ladies. There's a saying in German that more-or-less goes "Double holds better". And in this case.... My stars and garters, those pecs!

And I'm annoyed that over in America you can already pre-order ST:ID. Not in Germany. GRRRR.

Today had better get better. Last night we didn't get to bed til 1 am because we had an aquarium emergency (filter died and poisoned about 2/3 of our fish stock), the alarm went off at 5:45, then in the rush to get out the door, I forgot my keys. DH works 40 mins. away and couldn't leave, so MiL came to the rescue but had to go home first to get the spare. So grateful it was dry (albeit 7°C), and even more grateful that DS2 didn't have a potty emergency. Am taking suggestions as to what bottle of spirits is going to go first tonight. (Talisker is on hand, for the record.)

I think I'm going to watch that clip again.

GIF set of the gods

Cumberbuddy also has a post where "All By Myself" Plays

Dammit. Wasn't finished.

...where "All By Myself" plays while the clip plays.

Now I need a (cold) shower.

LetUsPrey Fri 24-May-13 16:05:05

Vodka probably the way to go Green Card

Can you imagine that scene in 3D on an IMAX screen?

I can.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 24-May-13 20:15:48

BC's Have I Got News For You episode is on Dave Ja Vu right now grin

LetUsPrey Fri 24-May-13 20:53:20

Thanks Frankelly. It's on at midnight on Dave and then 1am on Dave Ja Vu so phew!

I've not watched this yet but it's probably good grin

Also I have pre-ordered Star Trek Into Darkness on bluray.

Finally off to see Into Darkness tonight!!
gringringrin

MrsJohnHarrison - you're going to love it!

My, my, someone has been having fun with this gifset!

Oh, sweet baby Jesus...

If that's true, then I'll bet good money that he's fully functional and has been programmed in multiple techniques. (Sorry, I'm a TNG fan.)

LetUsPrey Sat 25-May-13 16:45:41

Just back from watching Into Darkness again. DS1 wanted to watch it so it was my duty, as a mother, to take him. <selfless>

grin

LetUsPrey Sat 25-May-13 20:01:38

Loved Star Trek. Now... how long until Sherlock? <frets>

LetUsPrey Sun 26-May-13 15:44:05

loved loved loved Star Trek! Especially the parallels with ST:WOK. I cried a little when he talked about his friends.
BC totally kicked ass in it. Going to get the DVD ASAP, just for the deleted scenes mind wink

It's my birthday! Kids off out for the day, DH at work, Sherlock marathon on Alibi! grin
Happy birthday to me!

LetUsPrey Mon 27-May-13 11:46:41

Happy Birthday thanks

Sherlock marathon sounds good. Not happening here as everyone in. I've got The Blind Banker on my iPad from iPlayer so I'm looking forward to watching that on my lunch breaks at work this week grin

I've made a start on my birthday list

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now