The BCAS taking us Into Darkness: He is better. At what? Everything

(986 Posts)
LetUsPrey Wed 01-May-13 21:45:27

New thread for the premiere of the new film. Hope it's okay grin

Excited for Friday's Graham Norton show!

Going to message my friend about booking tickets for next Friday.

LetUsPrey Fri 03-May-13 21:40:33

I'm torn between watching it when it's actually on, but DH will most likely be with me and I don't know that I can hide the CumberLust.

I'm recording it (obviously) so could watch it in peace later.

Decisions decisions.

Tickets are booked for next Friday to watch Into Darkness at an IMAX cinema. Squeeeeeeeeeeee grin

Confession time: I have a new object of desire, although not on BC level. As if.

LetUsPrey Fri 03-May-13 22:09:48

Decision made for me. DH has put on the Death in Paradise DVD and the ep won't finish until nearly 11.

I will also be downloading it from iplayer on to my iPad. One needs one's alone time.

(I really shouldn't post when I've been drinking)

LetUsPrey Fri 03-May-13 22:59:09

Just put it on.

Just in time to see Not Good Hair and BC hugging people. envy

Prey, you're straying? Hmm....Depends on who it is...

I haven't booked tickets for ST:ID yet because the stupid cinema hasn't decided if/when they will be screening it in English. They are doing a double-feature on Wednesday, but since it's a school night...No sitter, TKO there. And even DH, who by now has figured out my BC obsession, refuses to watch it in German, as even he (DH, that is) realizes that you JUST. DON'T. MESS. WITH. THE. CUMBERVOICE. Don't believe me? Check this out (zap to 2:17) and listen. You don't need to understand the German to hear how BADLY it doesn't fit. Not sexy. Not at all. Aural cold shower. Ick.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1k3Tr2RNPU

Whoever made that casting decision needs to be rounded up and forced to watch Teletubbies for 3 days straight.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 03-May-13 23:18:41

That man will ruin me I wish

LetUsPrey Sat 04-May-13 10:18:01

Anyone fancy wearing Benedict in cuffs

The correct answer is yes please

I subscribe to a design newsletter, and the one that came this evening included this little gem. I am dying. Can you imagine him wearing this during the Palace to Palace fundraiser last year??? Apparently it comes in a tweed AND Burberry variation.

And I might add that I may have hyperventilated a tiny bit when he talked about possibly ever dating a fan.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 05-May-13 11:38:32

Thanks for the new thread, Prey, and welcome, birds!

Can't watch links at the mo as Other People Are Home and will tease me mercilessly. Am alarmed at the premiere hair but realise it's necessary. Good suit, although plain black is a LITTLE severe for a nice spring evening, no?

Haven't watched Graham N. I find chat shows a bit toe-curling – pre-rehearsed anecdotes and watching the guest tie themselves in knots as they throw in an embarrassing unscripted question.

Having said that ...

Is it a good watch? Did he look hawt? grin

LetUsPrey Sun 05-May-13 14:00:42

Just watching it now. Very very hawt, bad hair, very chatty, very intelligent.

Can't take my eyes off his mouth grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 05-May-13 14:09:24

Will watch surreptitiously when I next have the house to myself grin.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 05-May-13 18:33:21
LetUsPrey Sun 05-May-13 19:28:16

A friend at work was looking at May's picture on the Sherlock calendar. She commented that he does have rather nice lips. I could only agree grin

Holy crap, those baby pictures. May I just say, that for someone who just squeezed out an 9 Pound baby, Wanda looks AMAZING. My own second kid was way over 8 lbs. and I had a c-section. I looked...not nearly as good. (and I admit squee-ing over how cute he was as a baby. Good to see that some things never change...)

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 06-May-13 16:40:44

Fundraising for a new BC project. They only launched the appeal for funds this morning and are almost halfway there already!

If you donate more than £25 there are various incentives, such as an entry into a draw to attend an after screening party.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 06-May-13 17:23:10

Ha ha ha! Almost as good as the otters!

The truth about BC, according to Simon Pegg grin

LetUsPrey Mon 06-May-13 23:23:54
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 07-May-13 06:58:00

Wow! That project has reached it's goal in less than 24 hours shock

A close friend of mine, who does some work for Jaguar, is going to a promotional event in Italy - in June, I think - to which BC is invited! envy She said she'll send me some photos if he's actually there.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 07-May-13 13:10:07

Very very envy

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 07-May-13 14:52:51

Brace yourselves ladies, it's the CumberBulge

<faints>

Bloody hell, Frankelly!

LetUsPrey Tue 07-May-13 18:19:41

And I shall be seeing that at an IMAX in 3D.

I was going to say I'd have to duck, but I think I'll stay where I'm sitting wink grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 07-May-13 20:23:48

My tickets are booked for Saturday. 3D though, not IMAX.

BC is in New York now to do Premiere stuff and interviews. I'm in New York next week. I was visiting my folks in Bristol the other week, then BC appeared the following week to film Sherlock. I can't catch a break!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 07-May-13 20:34:04

I know it's not BC, but this video with Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy is rather amusing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now