The BCAS taking us Into Darkness: He is better. At what? Everything

(986 Posts)
LetUsPrey Germany Wed 01-May-13 21:45:27

New thread for the premiere of the new film. Hope it's okay grin

Excited for Friday's Graham Norton show!

Going to message my friend about booking tickets for next Friday.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 20-Jul-13 12:33:05

I'm glad you're OK, Frankelly! And what a wonderful dream to cheer you up! envy

Glad to hear that everything's OK, Frankelly! (And very jealous of that dream!!)

I won't get too much into how crappy the past two weeks have been; suffice it to say the horsemen of the apolcalypse need to stay the f* away from the cloning machine, I've had enough already. Between two big household appliances dying, DS1's report card from school and the creche taking liberties with DS2 ("diagnosing" him with behavioural problems which I honestly don't see as problematic because he just turned 4 -- and neither does his paediatrician, thankyouverymuch) but then f***ing up basic stuff like "getting all the kids to hang up their jackets and put their shoes away" and having "piggy meals" where the kids wear smocks and eat spaghetti with their hands [thankfully this only happens once a year, but since they don't practice eating with knives and forks there, DS2 eats at home on those days]... I must stop. We are flying to Boston for a month in about a week and I am SOOOO looking forward to a big, fat frozen strawberry margarita or five, I can hardly stand it.

One of the few highlights has been BC being so delightfully dorky. This gifset finally put a smile on my face.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 24-Jul-13 15:02:32

I'm glad that's helped, GreenCard grin

LetUsPrey Germany Thu 25-Jul-13 08:20:09

Brilliant!

Just when you thought he couldn't get any more adorable

<ignores bikini clad model sat next to him>

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 25-Jul-13 16:31:06

I like your new name, Frankel!

That poor model; she seems to have no left leg grin

I have to say I'm not terribly comfortable with those shots from above of the wedding. It's a bit like when the press send in helicopters to sleb weddings on people's private estates and things.

Benedict does look good in that wedding suit though ...

Yes, but her hand is on his thigh envy

I agree the photos do look a little "papped", but the story is nice.

(Though Ben de Lisi looks like a piece of old leather!)

Allthingspretty Thu 25-Jul-13 18:17:08

I was at the gym when.I heard a Jaguar commercial by none other than BC I believe. I thought you lot would appreciate the knowledge.

Frankel, I felt the envy too! (And mentally yelled, 'She's too young for you! Try me!' except I haven't looked that good in a bikini, since, well, never.)

Hadn't seen this one before.
Wish I could get me some of these at the airport on Monday! Would never spend them, though.
Especially for *Prey*, some thigh-rubbing!
I just can't.

LetUsPrey Germany Fri 26-Jul-13 21:34:33

Oh the thigh rubbing <phew>

Thud

Ha ha ha at the hairdresser shot!

LetUsPrey Germany Sat 27-Jul-13 14:47:48
LetUsPrey Germany Sat 27-Jul-13 21:44:06

And from the past to the future

Squeeee grin

Ah OlympicBatch. I remember nearly spitting my tea out when he appeared as I settled down to watch the Opening Ceremony.

Hurrah for Sherlock 3 getting closer!

In that new Sherlock S3 pic, he looks like Andrew McCarthy around the time he did "St. Elmo' s Fire"...

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 29-Jul-13 11:27:39

Had weird dream last night where I went to New York for a wedding and Benedict was one of the other guests. He and I had a lovely time pre-wedding hanging out.

I needed to buy a dress for the event and for some reason was depending on another guest to drive me to the shops. She kept saying there were no shopping centres in Manhattan hmm and we'd have to go somewhere miles away when she had time. Time was ticking and I was getting very anxious, largely because I wanted an amazing new dress so I could pitch up at the wedding and impress Benedict grin.

The funny thing is, it rang v true because, IRL when deciding what to wear, my mantra is 'imagine Benedict will be there'. grin

I need to adopt that mantra, LadyClarice! (shuffles off in old t-shirt and ratty jeans)

In other news, we made it to Boston with little ado, except perhaps that the FARKING plane did not have in-seat entertainment, which prompted loud and frequent complaints from DS1. And "The Croods" and "Stand Up Guys" wasn't exactly the best choices for DS2.... (Thank god for MP3-ready phones and portable DVD players...) Eight hours later, we did a little Magic Roundabout jig around the skies of metro Boston for 15 minutes, as it turns out they were avoiding thunderstorms (but neglected to tell us so, letting us instead think we had Martin Crieff and Douglas Richardson in the drivers' seats...)

Sounds like the perfect mantra Clarice grin

Sorry about the plane debacle GreenCard, that doesn't sound like much fun.

I take it you've all heard about the Series 3 villain

LetUsPrey Germany Tue 30-Jul-13 08:33:32

What an excellent idea LadyClarice!

Eight hours on a plane with two children and limited entertainment? I feel your pain GreenCard

And yes to having seen one of the villains. It's building the excitement nicely. Went to watch a Globe production The Taming of the Shrew last night at the cinema. The actor playing Petruchio looked familiar. Looked him up when I got home. He played Major Barrymore in The Hounds of Baskerville. The play was excellent.

And finally just about sums him up really grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 30-Jul-13 09:43:08

<<round of applause>>

that's for GreenCard, for use of the word 'farking' grin

LetUsPrey Germany Tue 30-Jul-13 20:35:06

I know Frankel is quite partial to a bit of SuitBatch

Quite warm in here isn't it?

Hmmmm, if I wasn't so knackered........ wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now