Do you wonder about Victoria Beckham?

(147 Posts)
Perriwinkle Thu 28-Feb-13 16:33:25

I don't suppose I'd wonder about this at if every time she'd been photographed over the past 14 years she'd had one of her other three children in her arms and it was clearly her parenting style to keep her children with her constantly, but she hasn't.

I'm fully well aware that different children have different characters/traits/needs and have their own individual relationships with their mothers but this does seem to be a departure from the way she's been with her other three children.

You just never see a photo of VB these days without Harper in her arms and that doesn't seem to have been the case before.

Am I being cynical to think that it might have something to do with her being a much wanted and longed for daughter after three sons?

fromparistoberlin Thu 28-Feb-13 17:22:25

I think, bollocks!

I suspect she adores her children, but her life has changed alot and she made a decision to pursure her career and have her small child with her

she was not a fashion desinger when she had younger three

NoTeaForMe Thu 28-Feb-13 18:28:40

I feel do sorry for her and her family. They seriously can't do anything right. She's photographed with her children and everyone says she's using then, she's photographed without them and she's neglecting them. What is she supposed to do?

Have you ever thought that maybe the photos the papers choose to print aren't necessarily a good way of judging someone's whole life?!

BegoniaBampot Thu 28-Feb-13 18:43:33

I'm not a fan in the slightest and hate the whole celeb thing but really, they seem like a happy loving family.

ssd Thu 28-Feb-13 18:50:04

they seem very close, I think its nice to see that

VivaLeBeaver Thu 28-Feb-13 19:01:14

I think she's in the papers a lot more than when the boys were young.

nokidshere Thu 28-Feb-13 19:12:28

Well if her boys were anything like my two they would be giving her backache from about 8 weeks old!!!!! I rarely carried my boys about as they were just too heavy but I carry my dainty little neice far more often!

The Beckhams seem like a happy enough family. Why shouldn't the middle son model? thousands of children do. I find it totally bizarre the way everyone always wants ot have a go at her. or maybe not....she is rich, gorgeous, business savvy, has 4 beautiful children and a handsome, famous husband - she has a lot to be envious about for lots of people.

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Feb-13 19:14:04

As long as he auditioned and got the gig fair and square it's fine nokids. But i am not sure that kids his age wear Burberry flasher macs do they?

BeeBopDingALing Thu 28-Feb-13 19:15:20

She's always had her kids with her, maybe you just notice it more. I'm not a VB fan but she does come across as a very good Mum.

ssd Thu 28-Feb-13 19:15:20

hhhmmmm, I agree with most of what you say nokidishere, but gorgeous? No, sorry

Ginebra Thu 28-Feb-13 19:15:25

what? i don't even understand what you're wondering about? that she is photographed carrying her baby? shocker.

DameFanny Thu 28-Feb-13 19:18:08

Or she's got a clinger after a couple of laid back ones [meh]

Lovecat Thu 28-Feb-13 19:18:50

DH was at a dinner in the Savoy before Christmas and they were on the next table. He said everyone was pretending to be cool and not gawp at them but there were lots of surreptitious glances going on.

He also said that the boys were incredibly well behaved, the parents obviously adored their children, they were all laughing and joking together and Harper is edible smile

calypso2008 Thu 28-Feb-13 19:22:50

Yes, YABU and a complete cheese. HTH.

cocolepew Thu 28-Feb-13 19:23:31

She tweets (?) pictures of what clothes she is going to dress Harper in and hers as well, they match a lot.

Her youngest boy went through a stage of being dressed dressing in fancy dress, so he was photographed as well.

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 28-Feb-13 19:23:54

She seems like a good mum and he seems a good dad.
Why the vitriol?
They're famous but seem to be a loving family. And if the paparazzi will always follow them, so if she's carrying Harper, it's because she's carrying Harper and got photographed doing it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Feb-13 19:24:00

I cannot imagine taking my two boys to The Savoy. They would hate it.

Bartlebee Thu 28-Feb-13 19:24:55

I think she is much, much more image conscious now being a designer hmm and all. Hence she's never seen with anything as déclassé as a buggy, holding child aloft looks way more stylish.

I have to say, I love the way they dress Harper. She's never in pink, always in lovely muted colours.

cocolepew Thu 28-Feb-13 19:25:58

There was pictures of Harper being pushed in her pram, when VB saw the paps she lifted her out and walked ahead of the nanny. confused.

I think its lovely she's always got Harper with her, far nicer than palming her off on a nanny. So much bitchiness towards VB, but I think she's done amazingly well for herself.

Ginebra Thu 28-Feb-13 19:29:33

my kids love eating out. They are always asking me 'when can we go out for tea?'

calypso2008 Thu 28-Feb-13 19:29:52

*And the paparazzi will always follow them, so if she's carrying Harper, it's
because she's carrying Harper and got photographed doing it.*

The voice of reason ^ This.

Ginebra Thu 28-Feb-13 19:31:28

Bartlebee, yeh, I don't think a faashion designer should push a buggy.

I felt for her at that spice girl reunion when mel b was swearing gratuitously in her brum accent. you could feel VB just fading into the background. 'beam me up'. and i don't BLAME HER! can they not grow up a tiny bit??

marmon Thu 28-Feb-13 19:32:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ginebra Thu 28-Feb-13 19:33:02

say what the authority is??

DontmindifIdo Thu 28-Feb-13 19:37:28

perhaps it has more to do with the fact that with the older DCs she wasn't really working full time when she had them, and was more 'full time mum' for the first year. She was photoed being out for the day with them in buggies, but not much at all as she wasn't doing high profile things with the DS's in tow. However this time round, she was back at work in a few weeks, taking her DD with her.

If you look, the photos being snapped with Harper are normally not her carrying the baby long distances, but from cars into buildings, they are the distance of a pavement in to a building where mummy is going to work/do something none baby focussed, do people really get a buggy out to travel such short distances?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now