Do you wonder about Victoria Beckham?

(147 Posts)
Perriwinkle Thu 28-Feb-13 16:33:25

I don't suppose I'd wonder about this at if every time she'd been photographed over the past 14 years she'd had one of her other three children in her arms and it was clearly her parenting style to keep her children with her constantly, but she hasn't.

I'm fully well aware that different children have different characters/traits/needs and have their own individual relationships with their mothers but this does seem to be a departure from the way she's been with her other three children.

You just never see a photo of VB these days without Harper in her arms and that doesn't seem to have been the case before.

Am I being cynical to think that it might have something to do with her being a much wanted and longed for daughter after three sons?

PrincessOfChina Thu 28-Feb-13 16:37:35

I think you've always seen VB with the kids. I can't really think of many occasions since they've had the children when she hasn't had one or all by her side. I think maybe the World Cup in Germany is the exception.

Cassarick Thu 28-Feb-13 16:38:01

Nope - she is using her daughter much the same as she would use a handbag - as a fashion accessory and to gain publicity.

Poor child will grow up with the same pout. I just hope she doesn't also thinking starving yourself is the norm.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 28-Feb-13 16:38:54

I dunno. Perhaps her parenting style has changed, as this is her 4th. Also, by the time you get to number 4, that one just has to fit in with everyone else's lives.

I agree she always seems to have her baby with her, but then she's often been pictured with her children anyway. I can't imagine she loves her any more than her boys (not that you implied that and you do know what you mean about having a girl after 3 boys).

ubik Thu 28-Feb-13 16:40:25

I think the only interesting pic to the papers these days is Victoria with Harper.

Vicky on her own...meh.

poozlepants Thu 28-Feb-13 16:40:53

You can't judge a woman's lifestyle by the photographs they publish in the papers. They probably have hundreds without the child but probably the ones with her and Harper are more popular.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Thu 28-Feb-13 16:42:49

The way the paparazzi hound people has increased so much in the last few years. Ever see the documentary on Britney Spears?
Iirc one of her children has epilepsy......or I could have dreamt that.

TheOldBamboo Thu 28-Feb-13 16:43:32

What a terrible thing to say casserick. hmm

These VB threads always seem so unnecessarily poisonous, jealous much?

TheCrackFox Thu 28-Feb-13 16:43:37

Dunno but I feel sorry for Harper constantly being papped. Don't even get me started on the Daily Mail's stalker like antics with Suri Cruise.

I would like to see it illegal to see papparazi type photos of children to be published in this country. Yes, I am fully aware that sometimes celebrities phone the papparazi themselves but I strongly believe that it us completely unfair on the offspring of famous people.

SucksToBeMe Thu 28-Feb-13 16:44:43

I think you make a good point op. unless photos of Harper get published more than the 3 boys?

Schnarkle Thu 28-Feb-13 16:48:33

I think it's probably a combination of the press being far more interested in the pretty little girl and Harper being the 4th child, so she just slots in with what ever's going on.

AllYoursBabooshka Thu 28-Feb-13 16:49:05

Most of the headlines are about what Harper is wearing.

"Mummy's Little Fashionista" Boak, poor little sausage.

I think the case here is that the press are far more interested in Harper than they were with her second and thrid sons.

5madthings Thu 28-Feb-13 16:49:58

One if her boys, romeo? Does have epilepsy and so they don't want camera flashes going off around him.

There were pics of her carrying all,Ber kids when they were little but their media exposure has increased so you see more now.

She did say her parenting style has changed as she has had more children and she bfed harper for a bit I think having not bfed the others?

Kendodd Thu 28-Feb-13 16:50:16

Little off thread but... If DB was knighted (as I expect he will be one day) will V be Lady B

5madthings Thu 28-Feb-13 16:52:26

And what baboushka said the press are more interested in this baby and they make an issue of her being a girl.

It happens a bit in RL as well,I have four boys and then a girl and she is two now but I still get comments about finally getting a girl and how pleased we must be and how spoilt she ius going to be yadda yadda...

piratecat Thu 28-Feb-13 16:52:32

surely it would be worse if we never saw her with her baby?

yabu. who cares

Kendodd Thu 28-Feb-13 16:54:01

Sorry, ? at the end of that.

Cassarick Thu 28-Feb-13 16:56:09

TheOldBamboo - so you don't believe that babies are influenced by their mothers, then? It is a proven fact that stony faced parents seriously stunt their child's emotional wellbeing!

I reckon she carries her around because Harper's lovely baby chubbiness makes VB look even skinnier.

QuickLookBusy Thu 28-Feb-13 16:59:23

I hate the way their dc are always in the papers.

There is absolutely no need for any child under 16 to be in the papers as court injunctions can be got which prevent it. You never see pictures of JK Rowling's dc.

I can only assume the Beckhams must want their dc to be photographed and hounded by paps on a daily basis.

AllYoursBabooshka Thu 28-Feb-13 17:00:10

How can you possibly comment like that?

You have no idea how she behaves around her children apart from what you see in a few paparazzi snaps and press photos.

Silly.

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Feb-13 17:02:27

I completely agree with Quick. There are a few celebrities out there that I have no idea what their children look like which is how it should be.

The middle son has been modelling for Burberry. They have no shame.

If DB gets knighted I may have to apply to go on Wanted Down Under.

Viviennemary Thu 28-Feb-13 17:03:16

It was a bit hmm the way she paraded her new baby around like some kind of fashion accessory. She is a media persona and as such I don't like her very much I'm afraid.

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Feb-13 17:04:55

Me neither Vivienne. I have admitted this on MN a fair bit and apparently is's because I am jealous. I am also jealous of Katie Price. confused

MrsJREwing Thu 28-Feb-13 17:07:11

She clung to Broklyn as she does to Harper, I never noticed her cling to the other two as much.

I find the way she has adopted slinging a coat on her shoulders and carring an overnight bag so oddly, quite amusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now