So Tom Fletchers wedding speech

(46 Posts)
mynameis Thu 10-Jan-13 12:51:38

here

Been shared a good trillion times on Facebook, lovely and all that but is it just me who thinks it goes on a bit?

<grumpy cow emotion>

My DH wrote me a song... Just sayin'...

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 21:55:40

But McFly never blatantly self promote whilst seemingly doing things for someone else......
m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WM7lWXqp8Oo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWM7lWXqp8Oo&gl=GB

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 21:58:13

Yeah but is he famous Suzy? Otherwise it's just not up there.... A Hello deal perhaps?

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 21:58:42

By the way if you now say yes I will drop my wine and fall off my sofa

Ruprekt Sat 12-Jan-13 21:59:33

I loved it as did DH and I cried too.

Hahaha no, but he's done 3 albums of a mixture of covers and original stuff... He's vair clever... And he's on YouTube though it sounds much better live

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 22:02:10

Link please!

MaureenMLove Sat 12-Jan-13 22:02:26

Aw, it was lovely. Leave them alone!

It's not like McFly have got an Autobiography just out or a childrens book written by one of them or a tour in 2013...... winkgrin

MikeLitoris Sat 12-Jan-13 22:02:39

shopa yes please.

I loved the star boy chris moyles thing too.

I think I'm a closet McFly fan. I never realised.

Will try...

FoofyShmooffer Sat 12-Jan-13 22:05:12

Long.
Really long and repetitive.

There was a poster on MN over the last year or so who posted her DH and groomsmen doing a rendition of Flying without Wings that they'd rehearsed and surprised her with. Now that was special. It was absolutely brilliant.

Piffpaffpoff Sat 12-Jan-13 22:06:12

I started off thinking it was clever, then about 8 mins in started thinking it was a bit show-offy, and then thought the end was lovely. Went on a bit though, maybe could have trimmed it to a verse and chorus per thank you.

As I said, much better live...

He's now upset because its terrible quality and the album version is much better... Sorry DH blush

The other version is faster too

FoofyShmooffer Sat 12-Jan-13 22:10:11

He's posted it himself on the YouTube under the heading 'my wedding speech'?
Oh no. I'm not keen on that at all. He might as well have entitled it "Aren't I just the loveliest?"

Anyway, back to Tom... I liked it smile

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 22:10:46

Just for the record I too am a closet McFly lover and used to sing StarGirl on the way to work every Friday listening to Radio 1
And then they did this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mcfly+attitude+shoot+2012&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=L9_xUKWIMuec0AXozoDoBQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=644

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 22:14:06

DH shouldn't be upset Suzy it's really good!

Thank you, I'll pass that on smile smile smile
I think it was just a knee-jerk "You've done WHAT now?!!! oops

ProphetOfDoom Sat 12-Jan-13 22:31:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now