Has anyone met Dirvla Kirwan

(24 Posts)
caseyheythere Wed 24-Oct-12 18:52:02

Name changed here because this is not my request and I don't want to be implicated grin but my brother is a huge fan of Dirvla Kirwan (Irish actress, was in something with Christopher Eccleston this year, wife of MN fave, R penry Jones) anyhow, he wants to compile fan messages or something to give her so would like to get some feedback from those who have seen or met or know her. It's alright if your experience is bad though, I'll just leave them out grin

Anyway, thank you for anyone who bothers to read.

Labootin Wed 24-Oct-12 18:56:11

I am Dirvla Kirwan.

caseyheythere Wed 24-Oct-12 19:47:42

Really?? LOL! Well, if you are you'd make things easier wink
Slow day for you Labootin? grin

BikeRunSki Wed 24-Oct-12 19:51:35

I saw her in Bangor Tesco's with Rupert Penry Jones and DC about three years ago. I passed her the 'next customer' divider thing at the checkout. She seemed nice.

Caerlaverock Wed 24-Oct-12 19:52:36

What sort of fan messages ? Sounds creepy.

caseyheythere Wed 24-Oct-12 20:18:20

Caerlaverock - I don't know, which is why I namechanged blush My brother likes to give gifts and cards to his favourite actors/singers..He sometimes gets nice replies from them (or their management, God knows..) he asked me if I'm in some forum because he'd like to get feedback from people who've come across her personally. I think he wants to compile them in a card or something and send it.

BikeRunSki - Thanks for that. Although too brief for an encounter to form a judgment...LOL

tribpot Wed 24-Oct-12 20:29:11

Why does he want to send her messages from other people confused

If she wants to know what we think about her she can read MN like all the slebs do grin

CharlotteMcC Wed 24-Oct-12 20:34:30

Casey This seems a bit weird. Why would he want to send messages in a card to someone he doesn't know from a load of people who he has no connection to?

<<hopes Labootin really is Dirvla Kirwan>>

Piccalilli2 Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:11

My dh maintains that she felt his arse in Balham M&s. she didn't, they sort of collided. Her dd was beautifully dressed.

PuffPants Wed 24-Oct-12 21:42:46

This thread is weird.

confused

caseyheythere Thu 25-Oct-12 02:15:18

Late night feeding and I've opened the thread to this! Thank goodness for the name change.

Ok for those who think this is creepy, I was wierded out too (but not to the extent of thinking he's a creep) when my brother asked me, thought he was being facetious. But then I saw the 'has anyone met Lorraine kelly' thread so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I personally don't know what he wants these messages for, and I can't really comprehend his explanation. But for the benefit of the doubt, I think him being a fan, he just wants to know if anyone has a bad encounter with her. Either she's impolite or snooty or something.

For those who have answered, thank you. For those who haven't I'd appreciate if you don't label someone you don't know a creep.

My brother is this superfan kind of person. Not the stalkerish type but the kind who'd give compliments to actors he'd meet at stage doors etc. It depends really; he's given flowers to Billie Piper after a play she did, she was very thankful and friendly. Another actress snorted and turned him away, thought he was a stalker.

If you have stories, great. If you don't there's no need to be judgmental.

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 26-Oct-12 17:30:59

My Uncle has met her, in a professional capacity. He said she was lovely, a bit worried that the work hadnt been coming in so much, when he met her again she was v relieved to start working again. She looks alot like my Uncles dp, he has a "type". All his collegues thought it was hillarious that they got on so well, so gave him a picture of her to put on his wall.

So yes, she is a nice lady, official.

caseyheythere Fri 26-Oct-12 18:52:47

Thanks, SinisterBuggyMonth. That's quite a nice story. I presume your uncle is a journalist then?

NomNomingiaDePlum Fri 26-Oct-12 18:56:56

it's dervla kirwan.

Shesparkles Fri 26-Oct-12 18:58:40

If he's going to communicate with her, make sure he gets her name right wink DERVLA

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 26-Oct-12 21:19:02

Ha ha! No my uncle has quite a normal job but he's just one of those people, like my dp, who are always bloody meeting famous people

Nice celebs met: Dirvla, Helen Ledderer, Pip Scoffield, Bobby Davro, Cliff Richard, Rolf Harris, Rula Lenski and Aamon Holms

Not so nice: Elaine Page and Sarah Harding

caseyheythere Sat 27-Oct-12 12:29:19

it's dervla kirwan.

If he's going to communicate with her, make sure he gets her name right DERVLA

EleanorBloodBathsket Sat 27-Oct-12 12:31:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

caseyheythere Sat 27-Oct-12 12:32:42

^ oops. was going to quote that but his the post button by mistake.

Well, okay then, DERVLA KIRWAN. My mistake. Should have checked first.
Thanks to those who corrected me.

and to Sinister, very luck of your uncle and DP!

caseyheythere Sat 27-Oct-12 16:06:47

EleanorBloodBathsket please read my post on Thu 25-Oct-12 02:15:18.

I'm sick of people saying this is an odd thread. It's in the sleb section and not the first of its kind. If it was weird, the administrators would have chucked it out already.

Be damned with the free speech and all, if you've got nothing nice to say, why bother?

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 27-Oct-12 20:56:07

I've stumbled over contributed to far odder threads than this Eleanor

I do so hope we have freaked you out too much with our outrageousness

ClareMarriott Sun 28-Oct-12 13:35:47

Personally, caseyheythere, if your brother is such a fan of Dervla Kirwan then I would suggest he just sticks to watching any TV programmes she is in or goes to see her in a play. Compiling fan messages IS a little weird and could be construed as stalking . Remind him that although she is an actress married to another actor, it does'nt mean that they are open to constant scrutiny. Their profession is acting BUT their life outside of acting is nobody's business .

caseyheythere Mon 29-Oct-12 09:59:30

Personally, caseyheythere, if your brother is such a fan of Dervla Kirwan then I would suggest he just sticks to watching any TV programmes she is in or goes to see her in a play. Compiling fan messages IS a little weird and could be construed as stalking . Remind him that although she is an actress married to another actor, it does'nt mean that they are open to constant scrutiny. Their profession is acting BUT their life outside of acting is nobody's business .

That is a fair opinion ClareMarriott. I think if you read one of my previous posts, you'd find I am a little ambivalent about this as well. But that does not mean I am not offended at some posters here who call my brother a creep.

I am not one of those who love the celeb world and its offerings. My admiration to actors end when I turn off the telly but you can't deny there are some who are willing to show appreciation more than that. As much as I don't particularly share my brother's enthusiasm, I don't consider fan messages in the same line as STALKING. He does not have her personal details nor does he have a shrine dedicated to her. I showed him some of the messages on here and he was taken aback at some of the replies. He says he never meant for it to cause such criticisms.

He was just curious to the people who has had a real life encounter with her, that's all. Apparently I misconstrued that whole fan messages thing.

So you know, like I said mners, your views are fine, I understand some people get it, some people don't. But if you are going to form a judgment against someone you don't know, that's where I think the line has been crossed.

Forget the whole thing about fan messages and just go to the initial question here, Who has met Dervla Kirwan, and what is she like?

ClareMarriott Mon 29-Oct-12 20:54:54

Caseyheythere

Normally , at the end of a play for instance there will be a knot of people at the stage door of friends, family and a few other people who just want to let the actors know that the play was great/ really liked their performance. An odd time an autograph is signed and then the actors drive/ catch their trains home. I have NOT in any of my threads said your brother is a creep but his thinking of compiling a collection of other people's meetings with Miss Kirwan and putting them in a card or to give gifts and cards MIGHT be construed as stalking. Did'nt you say that Billie Piper accepted the flowers she was handed but another actress thought it was all a bit stalkerish ( and you can't comprehend his explanation for them ) . Perhaps this is the time to have a word with your brother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now