The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

Glad to hear your loved ones are ok GreenCard.
Love love love that trailer!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 20-Apr-13 13:15:23

I'm glad your loved ones are all OK, GreenCard. thanks

LetUsPrey Sat 20-Apr-13 15:10:08

((Hugs)) for you GreenCard.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 21-Apr-13 16:28:34

THIS MEANS I COULD GET ON THE TUBE ONE DAY AND BENEDICT COULD BE ON IT!!!

I know I'm shouting. grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 21-Apr-13 17:29:01

That fantasy has been played out in my head many times LadyClarice grin

Chance meeting on the Tube
Invite for coffee
Invite for dinner sometime
And then...... wink

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 21-Apr-13 17:30:00

I should add, never mind the fact I only go to London a few times a year grin

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-13 19:08:11

<makes note to visit sister in That There London>

Hands blush grin

Thanks, ladies. I really appreciate it. Am currently in the clinch with some (up til now) dear friends for having the audacity to say that all the energetic flag-waving Friday night seemed a little much. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they caught the guy, but I am very, very worried about what direction the US has taken since 9/11, and how no one seems to take issue with the invoking of martial law to catch ONE GUY. (Never mind the fact that they caught him after the lockdown was lifted. But I digress.) I thought about the conflicts and bombings with the IRA, the bombing in Spain a few years ago, and neither country went as apeshit as America did this past week. Am just happy I live here now.

That Tube picture -- my god, his hands!! HUGE!! Am also loving the latest SetLock pics -- such fluffy hair. (sigh)

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 22-Apr-13 11:40:35

Frankelly, tell me about it grin

GreenCard, that's really interesting to hear. I did wonder what an actual Bostonian's thoughts on this issue might be. It seems rather over the top, not to mention that the same level of panic doesn't seem to occur when terrible shootings happen but the perpetrators are 'homegrown' Americans (eg Christopher Dorner killing people over several days in LA this year). 'Terrorist/ism' seems to be a massive trigger word for the American public, politicians and law enforcement to panic and to respond disproportionately.

Holy crap, Attack of the CumberChins!

(Still wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating cookies, though)

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 22-Apr-13 22:27:19

STAR TREK CLIP!!!!!!!!!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 23-Apr-13 18:14:09

First review of ST:ID (non-spoilery)

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 24-Apr-13 09:21:11

Dapper, yet a bit crumpled. dribble

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 24-Apr-13 19:24:43

Another trailer

Honestly, I know we've said it a million times before, but that voice. Hhnnnggg!

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-13 19:51:28

Those are some unforgiving suits in that first trailer!

And second trailer? Fighting with Spock! Yessssss grin

BC in that suit on his way to a wedding (I'm guessing) = biting my lip grin

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-13 22:23:36

Love that link.

Didn't realise the weddingy suit picture was from the set of Sherlock.

Have some more. And yes, I did stare at his trousers

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 25-Apr-13 06:53:49

Argh, they're filming in Bristol again! I was there 2 weeks ago and if I'd known they were back I'd have made my excuses to visit my parents again wink.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 25-Apr-13 19:55:50

<weeps at the pretty>

How ridiculously gorgeous is that man?! (Warning - picture s a ad on the large side!)

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Apr-13 21:37:20

I'm not sure it's entirely legal to be that gorgeous. I must handcuff him immediately grin

Incidentally, new thread title - are we okay with it being "BCAS: New Title Here" rather than the whole thing? Otherwise it might be a bit long. <fnar>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 25-Apr-13 21:40:09

Fine with me Prey grin

To balance out the pretty, here's some NerdBatch

Prey, would those happen to be fuzzy handcuffs? grin

Just watched the first episode of "Fortysomething" with my friend who's also a BC fan. She kept squealing, "He's so young! I want to pinch his cheeks!" (Kept thinking, which ones? Top or bottom?) I know, I'm bad.

One last link before bed: And I'm getting paid on Monday...you'll know where to find me!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 26-Apr-13 08:12:15

Can I just say how much I love the fact that Zachary Quinto and Alice Eve are holding hands in these pictures. She looks so nervous in the picture where she is standing alone (she does the "holding her own arm thing that I do when I'm nervous too!) that I like to think he was looking after her grin

Holy cannoli, Batman. Any video that manages to combine Benedict, Gozilla, the Little Mermaid, Star Trek AND Pluto is going to yield a great start to the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now