The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 23-Oct-12 21:10:59

Crime Thriller Awards on ITV3 right now. 3 lots of BC awared getting to look forward too -1grin]

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 23-Oct-12 21:12:20

grin obviously

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Oct-12 22:06:06

Have just pressed record for ITV3+1. Phew!

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 23-Oct-12 22:11:29

He's been up twice in the first hour, plus lots of lovely camera shots of him at the table.

No sign of any Skyfall Premiere photos yet <sulks>

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Oct-12 22:15:03

Frankel - Your post in my Threads I'm On says "He's been up twice in the first hour".

I. Wish.

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Oct-12 22:55:50

Frankel, I hear you. I've been trolling the internet since before the premiere was scheduled to start. Nothing yet? Seems they're keeping those photos under the same tight wraps as the film itself. <joins you in the sulky corner>

Prey, the more often I read that quote, the sadder it makes me feel. Sometimes I wonder/hope he has someone, hidden away from the public, whom he loves and will have kids with someday. I really do wish that for him, because he seems to be such a lovely person. [Of course, in Fantasyland, I'm that special person...]

Still no premiere photos...<sniff>

I received this link from a former classmate this morning. It's not BC-related, but it did remind me of Valentine in Parade's End. If she had an American accent. And danced like Lady Gaga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IYQhRCs9IHM

I can't wait for the election to be over and we can go back to our regularly scheduled lives. Am quite sick of "X is a poopy head" and "Y is a doo-doo brain".

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 24-Oct-12 08:15:47

Only twice Prey?! wink

I demand some TuxBatch pictures from last night!!!

No! No! No!!!!!

whatareyouwearingbenedict.tumblr.com/post/34239599145/ohhh-what-a-pity-i-was-waiting-the-whole-day-for-nice

Frankel, I think we're screwed. At least until the next premiere/awards ceremony/whatever. <pout>

And this dear boy looks like he rolled straight out of bed into his tux. What my musician's soul wouldn't give for a photo of James and Benedict together in their finery...

megcleary Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:56
LetUsPrey Wed 24-Oct-12 21:51:47

Had reached the conclusion he didn't go to the Skyfall premiere.

Twice in an hour sounds okay to me Frankel. That's an average of half an hour a time which doesn't sound too bad to mewink

Excellent spot megcleary! His hair's looking a bit more on the ginger side isn't it? <sigh>

megcleary, I don't think that was Tuesday night. The second paragraph of the article reads:

"A remarkable cast drawn from the worlds of TV, film and stage came together on Friday in a final fundraising push for the Park Theatre in Clifton Terrace, Finsbury Park, raising £100,000 by auction and raffle."

Pooh. So either he was deemed not interesting enough by the paparazzi or perhaps he chose to stay home. Maybe he was the reason James Rhodes looked so dishevelled? ;)

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Oct-12 08:33:54

Okay, I'll own up. BC couldn't make it back down to that there London in time for the premiere on Tuesday and his tux was a bit crumpled from when he threw it on the floor. grin

FrankelDeBeauvoir Thu 25-Oct-12 19:22:01
LetUsPrey Thu 25-Oct-12 22:17:06

Love that picture Frankel

As I was saying ... sorry, where was I ... I seem to have lost my train of thought

Not sure if you all have seen this article. Makes me happy that we all play well together. Right?

Tomorrow night I've got a Parade's End marathon lined up with my Irish friend who also lives here in the land of pig parts and beer. And our local freebie TV guide had a tiny little article about PE in it (entitled "An Officer and a Dragon") -- apparently Ford Maddox Ford is the grandson of a newspaper magnate from our town. Cool! (Maybe I can convince Benedict to come visit....wishful thinking...) There's a sizeable article about him and his work (albeit in German) here.

sloppygirl Fri 26-Oct-12 19:37:13

Hi all,
I seem to recall seeing a post that there was a documentary on channel 4 Halloween night, about the making of Frankenstein..I have tried to find details for Sky Plus, but no joy..anyone be able to help me out ? Have I misunderstood..(entirely possible and probable) .It does not seem to be on my TV listing and I want to set it to record.

Thanks girls, for any help you can give.

BTW.. I was at Sky Fall premiere but did not see HIM..I thought he MIGHT go, and kept my eyes peeled, but no joy..TYPICAL..he is so tall compared to me that I am sure I would have spotted him. I was a woman on a mission..!!

LetUsPrey Fri 26-Oct-12 21:03:53

It's on Wednesday 31st at 11.10pm on Channel 4. It's called Frankenstein: A Modern Myth (I think).

Ch4 HD on Sky is 230.

Going back to your post, you were at the Skyfall premiere? Did you see Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem. Not BC, but even so...

LetUsPrey Sat 27-Oct-12 23:19:50
FrankelDeBeauvoir Sun 28-Oct-12 12:26:55
FrankelDeBeauvoir Sun 28-Oct-12 12:27:38

hmm not sure what went on with my typing there blush Must be the Cumberbatch-effect grin

sloppygirl Sun 28-Oct-12 17:52:05

Hi All.

PREY...yes..thanks so much for the links..I will set SKY Plus ..

I did see Daniel Craig on Tuesday..I went with my son, who managed to get tickets..( he is great at getting tickets..just has a knack.There were a few on public release and I was thrilled that he did not mind taking his aging mother..can be tricky when you are 19!)

We saw Judy Dench close up several times on the red carpet ( She is beautiful),and dear old Christopher Lee, who spoke to my son..a big fan.. . Did not get to see Javier, but Daniel is hunky ..not that tall, but tall enough... that suits me as I am very small. He is very FIT. I read later on that he had a bad cold on Tuesday night. I, too , had a very bad cold.I would have tucked him up had I had the chance..Such a shame no BC..I really did keep my eyes peeled whilst on the red carpet..( in the interests of all members of this site...).Probably never again have such a great chance to see him.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Mon 29-Oct-12 20:25:06

envy @ sloppy

Video of BC talking about the Palace to Palace Bike Ride.

LetUsPrey Mon 29-Oct-12 20:37:23

Also envy Sloppy. Daniel Craig is apparently 5'11 - bit not quite tall enough for me. One would have to wear heels at the red carpet events and out for dinner, etc and I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to be that much taller than your date.grin

I've seen that video posted on Tumblr a few times throughout the day Frankel but haven't been able to watch it yet due to presence of DC and then DH. Am at home tomorrow and DS1 is off to a friend's house for the day. DS2 can't/won't grass me up.

Loving the curl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now