The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

I love the Sherlock curly hair! And I like it dark. I'm not such a fan of gingerbatch unless it's that kind of dark auburny colour. Defininitely not a fan of ginger with sideburns. Can't believe we have to wait until Christmas for Sherlock 3! I feel a Series 1 and 2 viewing coming on...

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 14-Mar-13 08:17:28

At least we have Star Trek & Osage County, and maybe 12 Years A Slave to give us our BatchFix in the meantime. Plus Hobbit 2 will be out just before Christmas.

True... I am at home today with an injured foot from running. It is so tempting to watch a sneaky Sherlock episode instead of hobbling round trying to do one-footed housework!

Feel better soon, Holmes!

Frankel, don't forget The Fifth Estate! I think that is due out in November, if IMDB.com is to be believed.

If anyone needs an Irene-Adler-style text alert, Cumberbuddy has created one of Benedict...well, go hear for yourself. <fans self profusely>

LetUsPrey Thu 14-Mar-13 13:12:47

I am illing. A bit of a cold and voice on its way out. Woe is me.

Wonder what might cheer me up when I'm home from work this evening?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 14-Mar-13 13:27:37

I wasn't sure when Fifth Estate was due out. He's also got the Brian Epstein bio straight after Sherlock, which could squeeze in before year end, plus the possible Alan Turing film.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 14-Mar-13 15:07:09

Parade's End won 4 awards at the Broadcasting Press Guild Awards - Best Drama, Best Actor, Best Actress & Best Writer.

besidetheseaside Thu 14-Mar-13 17:30:33

Hello there BCASers, I'm a long term lurker, but had to post this - if you join Simon Pegg's twittermillion team for red nose day he's going to pick someone to take to the ST:ID premiere and they'll get to meet the Batch of all that is Cumber grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 14-Mar-13 18:03:43

Ooooo, thanks for that besidetheseaside grin

And welcome to the fold!

Oh my god. The third one. Dead.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 14-Mar-13 22:10:01

I can't see you link GreenCard, so hope I'm not duplicating, but I had to post these:

Wow

Yum

Thud

Aw damn, that's what I get for MN'ing right before I head out...

Yes, Frankel, I meant the first one you posted. (I guess I was still so flustered from that audio post...) But the others...let's just say I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating cookies!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 15-Mar-13 08:16:39
LetUsPrey Fri 15-Mar-13 13:01:04

Love the pictures. BC blowing a kiss is a perfect tonic for when you're ill in bed like what I am.

Love the grin at about 25 seconds grin

LetUsPrey Fri 15-Mar-13 17:55:18

Right. I'm away for a couple of days with limited, if any, internet access <panics> so I shall leave you with this. His hand in that second picture <fans self>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 16-Mar-13 10:08:06

Happy Birling Day everyone grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 16-Mar-13 15:48:40

That's confusing about Sherlock 4. 'wasn't on my game'? I find it hard to believe he was that discombobulated. Perhaps he was misquoted. Otherwise, 'we've agreed to a fourth series but I'll probably get into trouble for saying that' sounds pretty emphatic, as does 'I've agreed to do three more for this series and three more for a fourth'.

Anyone else a bit hmm about this? I don't know what to think!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 16-Mar-13 19:13:59

[[http://24.media.tumblr.com/4025949bdf9c57964cd92da5a30a3527/tumblr_mjobu9CLu51qf9upko1_500.gif <sobs at the prettiness>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 16-Mar-13 19:14:28
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 17-Mar-13 10:51:57

Love this (Cabin Pressure reference)

Also John Finnemore's latest tweet:

"@JohnFinnemore: Niche tweet comprehensible only if you follow both Cabin Pressure and rugby: Mr Birling is still in the pub."

grin

Just saw that AudioGo.co.uk has Series 4 of Cabin Pressure on sale for a mere 2.99!

Here's the link: www.audiogo.com/uk/cabin-pressure-the-complete-series-4-john-finnemore-gid-1023992

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 17-Mar-13 20:52:27

Ta for that!

LetUsPrey Sun 17-Mar-13 23:04:38

Will download CP when next on laptop.

It's been a weekend of CP coincidences.

1. We were north of the border (though not in Edinburgh) for Birling Day.
2. Looking at leaflets in the hotel reception, spotted one for the Crieff Visitor Centre. I may have picked up a leaflet grin
3. Going through the "visitor attractions" folder thing they put in the hotel room for you and got to the page about the various whisky distilleries. Nice little article about the Talisker distillery
4. Having breakfast in the hotel restaurant, radio on in the background. That's Amoré comes on! DS1 thought it was hilarious.

A bit later DS1 made the point that wouldn't it be funny if "thingy who plays Martin or Douglas" appeared! I agreed it would be brilliant. There was a part of my brain was expecting one of them to appear. No such luck though grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 18-Mar-13 11:30:09

Series 3, Episode 1 will be "The Empty Hearse".

Sqqquuuueeeeeee

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now