The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 30-Jan-13 16:09:40

No, well only about 10 minutes at the beginning, so THANKS! thanks
(although I'm not sure I'll be able to make that link/site work – do you have to sign up and pay?) [computer moron].

Get well soon, Prey. thanks

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 31-Jan-13 19:23:02
LetUsPrey Thu 31-Jan-13 19:29:47

I'm sort of back but still a bit bleuuurrrggghhh. Hopefully, the stressful start to the year in our house and families is over for January and things will settle. However, if the rest of 2013 is going to be like this, I'd just like to fast forward to 2014 - pausing for a few days in May to watch Star Trek.

The recent links have been lush grin

Listened to Vaduz and Wokingham yesterday and today. Both brilliant!

On a saucier note, had an interesting snippet of a dream this morning. BC was there, so was I. I was <ahem> kneeling down. It was very vivid. grin

Lady Clarice, no, that link is free. Someone recorded it off the radio, so you have a bit of talking before and after the actual play. The audio is a tad quiet (I listened to it while driving to work today, having put it on my phone, but had to drive with the speaker next to my ear, I am SO lucky I didn't get pulled over -- Germany has a strict hands-free mobile-in-car use policy...).

You can sign up and pay to avoid ads, but they don't bother me and I'm the world's biggest cheapskate. Free Batch files make up for it. I posted a link on 13 Jan. to a Tumblr post where you can find all kinds of audio files, including ringtones. (Not vouching for the legality of any of it, so click at your own risk.)

Prey, glad to see you're back among the living. That dream sounds....nice. I assume at least one of you got some follicles...stimulated?

If your January went anywhere as fast as mine did, May will be here before you know it. grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 03-Feb-13 14:01:17

Thanks, GreenCard.

Welcome back, Prey!

Frankelly, oooooh just imagine bumping into that as you strolled innocently down some Hampstead pavement ...

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 03-Feb-13 18:00:26

New ST:ID trailer being released at 10.30pm tonight, UK time grin

LetUsPrey Sun 03-Feb-13 18:59:46

<makes note in diary>

LetUsPrey Sun 03-Feb-13 23:38:09

New Trailer

"I am better"
"At what?"
"Everything"

No. Shit.

grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Feb-13 08:44:16

I'd like the chance to put him to the test all the same. Y'know, for research wink

MrsAceRimmer Mon 04-Feb-13 10:43:00

Aww I was going to selflessly volunteer to put his claim to the test wink, but Frankel got there first!
hmmgrin

LetUsPrey Mon 04-Feb-13 19:46:53

I think you'll find, going back historically through the threads, there's a rota system in place grin

I think it all stemmed from the interview where he said "I'm a fucking fantastic lover" <takes a moment to breathe>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Feb-13 19:53:03

Either that Prey, or 2.10 and 2.17 into our old favourite grin

LetUsPrey Mon 04-Feb-13 20:01:14

Without clicking on the link, is that "Money or sex?" "Mmmmm, sex" and "Good cop, bad cop?" "Bad cop"?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Feb-13 20:02:06

You know me too well Prey grin

Please tell me, Frankel, that you don't have those times memorized. Because if you do, I bow to your superiority!

And I'd like to reserve my place in line to test his theory that's be better at everything. I know it snakes around the corner, but I'm patient.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Feb-13 20:53:04

Sadly no, I had to watch it again to get the times <martyr> grin

megcleary Mon 04-Feb-13 20:58:25

youtu.be/q4ZskZbvEqs

Does this link work?

Yup!

Frankel, you know what you have for homework now, don't you? grin Tough assignment...

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Feb-13 21:34:21

For my birthday I received a gift certificate to Amazon ("for hours of Cumberbatch-able fun" read the card, my friend knows me well) so I bought a copy of "Fortysomething" and TTEE. The latter hasn't arrived yet, so this morning I started with Fortysomething. He's SO YOUNG in the role! And I caught myself yellin at the TV, "How the hell can you f* his brother when you could have Benedict, you moron!!" Good thing no one else was home at the time.

My god, what I wouldn't do to be on the receiving end of one of these smiles...

TinkerTailorSoldierSahm Tue 05-Feb-13 21:09:25

Dropping into say hi! Love Benedict but am a Tom Hardy girl at heart but big fan of the Cumberbatch.

Nice to see you, Tinker!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now