The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

As for the top one of these, oh, how I wish I could say,

"Mom, meet your new son-in-law!" God, how I wish...

Does anyone need a new ringtone? The blog Dudeufugly has an exhaustive list of links to plays, readings of poems, ringtones (*Prey*, I'm looking at you) and various other goodies, apparently free (although not too sure about the legality of it all)....

Here's the blog entry to this cornucopia of wonderfulness:
dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/40448771040/benedict-cumberbatch-doing-great-things-with-his-voice

This also includes him imitating Alan Rickman singing "Candle In The Wind" (which I'm pretty sure is taken from his interview with French & Saunders, which is also downloadable on this list).

Bliss, I tell you...BLISS.

MrsAceRimmer Sun 13-Jan-13 22:39:51

Am totally caught up with Cabin Pressure now - looking forward to Weds evening now smile
Still drooling over my copy of Empire magazine - bloody hell the cover photo (faints)

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 14-Jan-13 07:06:19

Boooo! BC lost out on the Golden Globe to Kevin Costner angry

That he lost out to Kevin Costner is simply further proof that my country (at least those running these award shows) has lost its collective mind. sad

He'd better get a BAFTA, though. Or else there might be a legion of BCASers that will descend like locusts to exact revenge. (Sorry, it's been a bitch of a morning -- unexpected snowfall made most drivers forget basic training, so the commute took twice as long as it should have.)

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 14-Jan-13 21:41:49
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 16-Jan-13 17:59:01

Where are you all???!!!

Don't forget, Cabin Pressure tonight at 6.30 grin

LetUsPrey Germany Wed 16-Jan-13 22:31:12

Sorry not been around. RL stuff. Hoping to listen to CP with DS1 tomorrow.

Has anyone seen TheAddict anywhere?

I wanted to listen to Uskerty this morning on the way to work, but apparently the BBC iPlayer doesn't work outside of the UK. I wonder if the "Tunnelbear" tool will work to get around it.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 17-Jan-13 21:20:09

I haven't seen Addict about for ages sad I hope all is well with her & her boys.

Bit of a spoiler for lasts night's Cabin Pressure wink

I just.... well... um... I'll be back in a minute....

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 19-Jan-13 13:38:33

I'm here! Briefly, though; v busy in RL. Really want to listen to Copenhagen as it vanishes from the iPlayer today, but don't know if I'll have time. sad

Lady Clarice, sorry didn't make the connection with the changed nick! Glad to see you're still here! Hope all is well, even if things are busy.

Christ Almighty...

Oh, the fringe...

BTW, Prey, I've started on Doctor Who...and I'm understanding the Barrowman thing. Too bad he plays for the other team...

Hello all. Just listened to the first two episodes of Cabin Pressure series 4. Bloody brilliant! I'm going to have to get round to listening to series 1-3.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 22-Jan-13 22:01:39

<runs in in a panic>

You fell off my Active Threads shock

Very chuffed to read that BC will be an honorary director of the Cambridge Science Festival in March and has said how much he's looking forward to attending. How very convenient that I live a mere 20 minute drive from Cambridge grin <faints>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 22-Jan-13 22:03:01

Err, not sure I'm loving this look

Eeeew! The hair!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 22-Jan-13 22:26:12

I know! It's causing real conflict for me. On the one hand it's BC so surely it must be sexy, but on the other hand.. No. Just no!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:23

Of course WAYW are on the case already grin

MrsAceRimmer Wed 23-Jan-13 08:46:15

Gads that's horrible hmm nasty hair.

ITA about AssangeBatch's look -- ICK. Reminds me of those toady kids at school who spent ALL their time holed up in front of their computers and were just horrible to other kids (even if the computer geniuses could run rings around the others intellectually). I think BC's going to do a fabulous job with the role, but it will definitely be the equivalent of a cold shower. (Bring back the Purple Shirt of Sex and GingerBatch, please!!!)

Am looking forward to the new ep. of Cabin Pressure tonight, though!

BTW, this link is hopefully the visual equivalent of mouthwash after viewing AssangeBatch.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 23-Jan-13 10:26:32

Phew! That's much better GreenCard grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 23-Jan-13 16:18:40

Don't forget the National Television Awards tonight - Sherlock is up as is BC for Best Actor!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 23-Jan-13 18:27:31

Greencard, no, I'm LadyClarice (always have been), not Addict! I was responding to Frankelly's 'Where are you all???!!!'

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 23-Jan-13 20:07:52

Here we go!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now