The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

Ponders Sat 05-Jan-13 22:42:21

I've been listening to Cabin Pressure for years but only noticed on tonight's trailer that Benedict Cumberbatch is in it - not that he does anything for me, but I have heard his name so much in the last year or so...

given his career projectory I'm stunned he's still doing it really (but it does sound like a fun thing to do, & I love John Finnemore grin)

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 05-Jan-13 23:05:07

He is a master performer Ponders grin Pure sex on legs too grin grin

LetUsPrey Sat 05-Jan-13 23:11:42

Can't wait for next Wednesday. I've got some John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme to tide me over until then grin

LetUsPrey Sun 06-Jan-13 19:34:08

Just had a look at the Cabin Pressure page on Wikipedia. I cannot believe I've never noticed before, but the episodes are done alphabetically! For some reason, a few episodes in series one and two were broadcast out of order, but they are alphabetical! I feel a bit silly blush

Abu Dhabi, Boston, Cremona, Douz, Edinburgh, Fitton .....

Also, went to watch The Hobbit with DS1 this afternoon. It was incredible! Completely loved it. Martin Freeman was more awesome than awesome itself.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 07-Jan-13 06:32:28

grin @ Prey not noticing the alphabetical titles wink. I think Series 3 got out of order because BC was ill and had to miss a recording.

Can't wait till Wednesday : first new BC fix of the year grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 07-Jan-13 08:10:56

Oo er, not sure i like the sound of the last episode of Cabin Pressure <worries>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 07-Jan-13 08:12:26

Sorry, should have said, there are no spoilers for the episodes recorded yesterday, but it does discuss a bit about what went on.

Arse Fiddler! < you'll have to read the link to get that wink

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 07-Jan-13 09:28:30

Frankelly, I read that review and I'm a bit concerned too! But mainly intrigued.

I know Benedict is in the background in this CP photo, but I think he looks gorgeous; really unself-conscious.

Still on the subject of radio, has anyone mentioned this?

LetUsPrey Mon 07-Jan-13 22:19:04

Very intriguing!

On the subject of me not noticing stuff and being a bit dim, how did I not notice that John Finnemore is sometimes in the programme Miranda? Just watching tonight's episode and there he is!

How I get through life is a mystery blush

Just Number 5?!

I'm loving the peek-a-boo scarf down south...

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 08-Jan-13 13:00:40

Yum!

Guess what I'm thinking wink grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 08-Jan-13 13:36:18

Is that Liv Tyler mention just a rehash of the old non-story when they were papped leaving a cinema 'together', or new?

[need a life]

I haven't watched the video, but these stills are gorgeous.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 08-Jan-13 15:29:07

I suspect it's another rehash. Why bother doing any actual journalism? wink

Sherlock is up for two National TV Awards - get voting!!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 08-Jan-13 19:36:21

File this under "Oldie but goodie".

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 09-Jan-13 11:06:16

God I love those lips grin

Not long till the first episode of Series 4 Cabin Pressure grin I've checked online and tonight's episode is titled Timbuktu and once again it's Birling Day!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 09-Jan-13 20:37:57

Loved Timbuktu tonight grin

LetUsPrey Wed 09-Jan-13 20:45:55

Recorded it using Sky+ and listened to it about an hour ago with DS1. Absolutely loved it! Can't wait for next week grin

MrsAceRimmer Wed 09-Jan-13 22:41:07

That was brilliant!
top picture mmmm

MrsAceRimmer Wed 09-Jan-13 22:46:17

oops linked to wrong page sad
hope this one works lovely - must be an old photo, but yum grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 10-Jan-13 21:18:19

<thud>

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 13-Jan-13 11:30:06

Oooh, that's pretty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now