The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society: Come and Tinker With Me, Benedict!

(818 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 13-Oct-12 15:26:47

Hello lovelies!

Hope the title meets with everyone's approval.

I have just one thing to say at the moment, a propos of the John Finnemore thing in the last thread: 'pub kitten'? 'pub kitten'?!!? Just how cute does that sound?

LetUsPrey Mon 31-Dec-12 23:15:36
LetUsPrey Tue 01-Jan-13 18:29:50

So, I'm at my mum's today and I'm having a look through the Radio Times. I turn a page to be met with a picture of BC and MF as Sherlock and John in an article detailing the Top 40 programmes of 2012 as voted by the TV critics. Sherlock was top with this review:

"An opening episode in which Sherlock Holmes visited Buckingham Palace dressed only in a bed sheet, and (almost) met his match in the form of whip-smart dominatrix Irene Adler, helped prove that “brainy is the new sexy” as Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat's superlative detective drama triumphantly returned in January. Next came a hi-tech spin on Conan Doyle classic The Hound of the Baskervilles; and then the best 90 minutes of TV this year, packed with twists and subtle clues. Benedict Cumberbatch smouldered throughout but later admitted that he, like us, had been reduced to tears by Martin Freeman’s performance as the grief-stricken John Watson, who thought he saw his best friend die. A searing turn from Andrew Scott as criminal genius Moriarty – by turns camp and deadly – completed a mesmerising climax, ending in a cliffhanger that will go down in television history. Just how did Holmes survive that plunge from the roof of St Bart’s Hospital? We'll find out in 2013 but, for now, Sherlock is top of our critics' poll by a mile."

Couldn't agree more. Made me very smile

Prey, what a lovely article! (Completely agree, btw)

And there isn't a nicer way to start the new year than this, no? grin wine Cheers, all!

Ha! Now I know who these photos remind me of -- Fred MacMurray! I had a crush on him in those Disney films (sort of) when I was a girl, but can appreciate him more as a grown-up in "Double Indemnity"...

Bonus: jibbers incoherently

For Prey...I believe you wrote once you had found something at M&S that had "le bear polar" on them...

Someone found Arthur Shappey's PowerPoint slides and posted them on Tumblr.

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Wed 02-Jan-13 20:17:08

Love that PowerPoint GreenCard grin

I hope someone has tweeted a link to John Finnemore!

LetUsPrey Wed 02-Jan-13 20:44:29

I was wearing them yesterday in fact NeedsAGreenCard! Love the polar bear PowerPoint.

I do love a man in uniform grin

Frankel, there goes my Twitter cherry...so to speak. It was either that or Tweet that DS2 is carrying on the family tradition of embarrassing parents in restaurants by yelling on Christmas "Grandma, where are your panties?" Luckily a) he's 3 so he generally gets a pass and b) he did it in English and seeing as we were in rural Germany, I doubt (hope??) anyone understood him.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 02-Jan-13 21:44:28

grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 03-Jan-13 08:22:11

Hnnnngggg

Bottom right is oh so wrong (bad BC for smoking), but oh so sexy grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 03-Jan-13 10:02:18

I'm not actually keen on that Jack Nicholson-esque smoking shot, but I do generally love Benedict smoking. humana humana

Also:

Cabin Pressure!!!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 03-Jan-13 10:27:58

Yay for Cabin Pressure dates!!!!

MrsAceRimmer Thu 03-Jan-13 12:57:59

Ooh thanks Letusprey, I'm going to add them too I think grin
I'm still enjoying your links, but hardly post on here as you all have it covered. Hope you all had a lovey Xmas & New Year.

Trailer for new Cabin Pressure at 1:30:35...

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01phkt4/Today_03_01_2013/

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 03-Jan-13 17:03:05

Just listened to the advert - Flightdeck Buckaroo sounds, to quote Arthur, AMAZING grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 03-Jan-13 17:08:53

Just read an online article about JJ Abrams letting a terminally ill Star Trek fan watch ST:ID. A very sad story, but a lovely gesture.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 03-Jan-13 17:10:14

Oh god I'm stupid! Naturally in my earlier post I meant that Flightdeck Buckaroo would be BRILLIANT hmm

<goes off in search of lost brain cell>

LetUsPrey Thu 03-Jan-13 21:54:20

Had a great Christmas and New Year, thanks MrsAceRimmer smile

Not clicked on the CP links yet. Not had chance. Can't wait for next Wednesday though. DS1 is very excited about it too!

A still from Star Trek. <gulp> at the chest and the arms

And another one. Not sure how I'm going to get through ST:ID without squeeeeing! I will have to practice by watching TTSS with DH.

MrsAceRimmer Fri 04-Jan-13 12:53:11

Have downloaded the first two series on Cabin Pressure - never listened to it before smile
Looking forward to it.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 04-Jan-13 13:01:17

You'll love it! It's bonkers and brilliant wink

MrsAceRimmer Fri 04-Jan-13 22:50:30

Haha not laughed so much for a wee while! Just listened to Abu Dhabi & Kramona(?) grin

LetUsPrey Sat 05-Jan-13 08:37:06

You need to get series three too. Ottery St Mary is a classic and St Petersburg is a personal favourite.

Ipswich, which I think is series two, is also a favourite.

MrsAceRimmer Sat 05-Jan-13 21:36:00

Series 3 is being downloaded as we speak smile
DH is in bed manflu ill, and DCs are sleeping. Watching my Sherlock DVDs which DH thoughtfully got me for Xmas.

I just can't...

Oh, how I wish I could get a copy of this...

Always needs reposting

Trailer for S4E1 of Cabin Pressure!!! This one has Martin and Carolyn. If you want the first clip, with Mr. Birling and Carolyn, click here.

My kids are nagging DH and me to get a pet.

Only if I can get these...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now