Anthea Turner and Grant Bovey split.

(19 Posts)

I wonder how much sympathy she'll get from the first Mrs Bovey.

Story here

nulgirl Sat 28-Jul-12 23:49:05

Didn't someone once comment that when a man marries his mistress it creates a vacancy?

He is a complete asshole. Interesting that she is being supported by her stepdaughters. Feel sorry for them having such an arse for a father.

littlebluechair Sat 28-Jul-12 23:52:32

It doesn't matter how long ago it happened, all I can ever think is 'flake'

TheCrackFox Sun 29-Jul-12 00:07:57

I never thought I would write this but I feel very sorry for anthea.

I've always been quite fond of her myself, but I expect her to get a pasting in the coming days. She's a survivor though, she'll come out of it OK I think.

lisaro Sun 29-Jul-12 00:43:01

I just can't summon any sympathy.

jellybeans Sun 29-Jul-12 00:45:24

Usually happens that way after an affair..

LeB0F Sun 29-Jul-12 00:47:55

I might have known that would be the Mail, making news out of people's private misery. And managing to shoehorn their house value into the first paragraph.

CrocSaysTickTock Sun 29-Jul-12 00:57:35

A leopard never changes his spots and all that... She can't be too surprised surely.

MadAboutHotChoc Sun 29-Jul-12 12:17:04

Karma.

Now she knows what his first wife went through.

Windsock Sun 29-Jul-12 14:10:32

|ha ha ha serves her right

anniewoo Sun 29-Jul-12 20:29:19

I've no sympathyfor her. She didn't give a toss re her husband, her friend Della and 3 small children. What goes around comes around grin

Willowisp Mon 30-Jul-12 21:33:30

I think that's a bit mean - you never know what goes on behind closed doors & I suspect Peter Powell wasn't exactly a bundle of fun.

I quite like Anthea & feel sorry for her, she adored Bovey & I think he's the shit.

'flakegate' was completely ridiculous..what on earth did people get wound up by ? they were duped imo.

Signed...Antheafan grin

lisaro Mon 30-Jul-12 21:45:40

willow
Hi Anthea.

ThePathanKhansWitch Mon 30-Jul-12 21:50:27

I'm no fan of Anthea, but yet again a cunt of a man decides to ruin a few womens/children/ innocent bystanders lifes, and the woman gets the shoeing hmm.

Sad.

BigBandwitch Mon 30-Jul-12 21:50:41

Am I the only one who feels a tiny bit of sympathy for her? He was happy enough to coast on her fame and money to begin with, and when they went bankrupt, she was off working in Canada. I think she was about 38 or 39 when she met him and I reckon she thought he was her chance at becoming a mother. She loved him and he was probably telling her his wife didn't understand him blah blah blah. Now, he's having an affair with an heiress girl!! fgs, he is shameless. Totally shameless. But then most men would be too embarrassed to pose on the front of hello after abandoning a wife and three kids, but no there he was with a flake...... (her too I know but HE was the one who'd left his wife and kids).

BigBandwitch Mon 30-Jul-12 21:52:46

Yeh TPKW, it's a bit unsettling the appetite to see Anthea Turner humiliated and miserable. HE is the dickhead. And yet, there is he shaggin a 24 year old, getting another fresh start. It'd make ya sick!

ThePathanKhansWitch Mon 30-Jul-12 21:57:12

Modern day stocks BBW, horrible.

Houseofplain Sun 05-Aug-12 15:05:34

I have sympathy for her and his kids. Yes kama, what goes around, marry the mistress. Blah, blah de blah.

But there is one common denominator here. The man. It saddens me to see that all the time women are keen to heap venom on the woman but not the man.

What she did was wrong really wrong, but it was what 15 years ago? The exw has moved on! She herself got remarried, then left him for a man who'd been with his partner for 16 years with a young child. She's no saint in this.

The kids have forged what seems a really close relationship with their step mum. This does happen you know. Over time. People do move on. So they've had their world blown apart yet again by their Dad and all women can do is rip the piss out of her and say how she deserved it!

Disgusting really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now