Wow - Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing!

(114 Posts)
thequietone Fri 29-Jun-12 18:31:41

Well I never...

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:28:17

It hasn't raised her profile, but she did get to have a nice wee baby without pain relief and without being allowed to make any noise.

So I'm sure that was a high point for her.

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:29:31

It's stupid though, MrsCB. I actually think it's really insulting the public.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:30:02

Did she actually say that though? I think a lot of stuff is reported about them but who knows what is true?

Tangointhenight Fri 29-Jun-12 20:30:08

Scientology does not permit people to be gay, its seen as an illness that can be cured by taking millions of vitamins.

topknob Fri 29-Jun-12 20:31:22

John Travolta is a scientolgist and from recent reports, if they are to be believed, is gay !

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:31:29

It may be stupid but great swathes of the public just will not pay to see a film be it action/romantic if the male lead is openly gay. So some actors presumably decide to hide their private lifes for that reason.

I don't understand why men wouldn't play a straight romantic lead if they were openly gay. It's not like the only thing stopping the female populatoon (those that want to) sleeping with tom c is his sexual orientation, surely?

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:32:20

Really Tango?

So homosexuality is caused by vitamin deficiency? So if a gay man, who was not in the know about scientology, went on a veg binge, he'd suddenly start fancying a bit of muff? And vice versa, if straight men aren't getting their 5 a day, they start craving cock?

That must be confusing.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:32:20

John T is not gay - he just likes a nice massage wink

He just didn't eat his greens!

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:33:30

I really wonder if people would actually object to Hollywood actors being gay.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:36:35

Some would yellow. Rupert Everett wrote about this in his autobiography - the 'studios' just don't think that the 'mid-west' buy into gay male leads playing straight roles.

Tangointhenight Fri 29-Jun-12 20:37:55

Apparently so, vitamins are held in complete reverence to them...I used to have my head filled with shite in work by one of them!

Think Katy got a lucky escape! Must go buy DH some tomatoes, and apples, and cod liver oil!!!!!

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:38:00

That's the studios though MrsCB. I'm talking about the public. I am sure some would, but I really do wonder if the majority are bothered.

Cheriefroufrou Fri 29-Jun-12 20:39:55

Is robin williams a scientologist too?

why do they "hide" their gayness? especially as they are apparently openly out in their holywood circles. So that means its just US they think will care?

HolyCameraConfusionBatman Fri 29-Jun-12 20:41:56

Kevin Spacey had said in interviews that he isn't gay, don't know if he is or not, but not 'out' if he is.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:44:59

I think people like to buy into the idea of a celeb. Take George Clooney - women loved him in ER and as he was single - well I think many women think 'oooh if I met him' and it helps them to believe in him when he plays the romantic lead.

But if he was openly gay - a lot of people would struggle to see him in the same way playing those types of roles.

They all control their images so carefully now - publicists are very very fierce and apparently the really powerful ones will blacklist journalists if they are deemed to be not nice to any of the 'stars' they have on their books.

Even the straight ones seem to have lots of manufactured relationships.

And without causing too much controversy - I do think that a lot of the US is way more conservative in its views than the UK and thats a big big market

Ponders Fri 29-Jun-12 20:53:29

I love George because he is so decent

don't care if he's gay. I would happily just hold his hand & talk about liberal stuff grin

yellowraincoat Fri 29-Jun-12 20:54:32

George is so decent he advertises Nestle.

Thanks George!

noddyholder Fri 29-Jun-12 20:56:01

She's done her 5 years

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 20:59:34

I love George - I could be his Mariella.

So according to this thread we have the following gay men in Hollywood posing as straight

Tom Cruise
George Clooney
John Travolta
Kevin Spacey
Robin Williams

Wow

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 21:07:06

I thougt Robin Williams shagged his nanny whilst married?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 29-Jun-12 21:07:28

Will Smith?

perceptionreality Fri 29-Jun-12 21:11:45

I think the marriage was a sham but how could Suri not have been his? She looks so much like him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now