At one of her homes with Liz 'I'm broke' Jones and her mythical friends, including the ones who aren't her friends anymore, on her Prada inspired Island where pubes are banned and eating is disordered

(197 Posts)
cario Mon 09-Jan-12 12:44:01

OK, the thread on 'chat' has expired and we can't really stretch the whole 'who is the RS' thing any further as we're already pretty sure it's a mythical entity. Once she'd found out she'd been busted re the 'married man in S America' hallucination, Liz Jones has been busy practicing backpedalling as fast as her hairy little Prada enclosed legs will go so herewith a new thread, to enable a) us to continue marvelling at her audacity and self obsession (aka taking the piss) and b) continue to give our Liz ideas for her column, as she seemed to pick ones from the old thread with such ease. Liz - here's looking at you (and your dreadfully applied eyeliner)

cario Fri 31-Aug-12 18:50:42

I'd have thought so - but then again the PCC may point out that all LJs diary entries are works of fiction so no case to answer.........

whatkungfuthat Fri 31-Aug-12 15:54:19

Isn't it more to do with her telling lies about the owner in her column than mentioning the horse?

Fireandashes Sun 19-Aug-12 23:04:19

That may be your opinion, but the PCC are taking my friend's complaints seriously at this stage, so I'll trust their expertise.

Nancy66 Sun 19-Aug-12 22:24:55

Nowt to do with the PCC though.

Fireandashes Sun 19-Aug-12 20:58:48

Neither - the horse was on loan to LJ, so my friend retained ownership and no money changed hands. Therefore LJ should - out of courtesy, if nothing else - have told/asked my friend if she (LJ) intended to write about the horse.

Nancy66 Sun 19-Aug-12 20:32:37

Fireandashes - so did the horse's previous owner sell it to LJ or give it to her?

I can't see how she would be under any obligation to tell your friend she was intending to write about an animal she kept.

cario Sat 18-Aug-12 18:32:04

I last heard he'd proposed, but never saw any response to the proposal - I may have missed it or maybe she conveniently forgot it. She conveniently forgets a lot of things.
The horse thing is terrible - I didn't think my opinion of LJ could get much lower!

lighthousekeeping Fri 17-Aug-12 22:07:15

Does she still go on about the RS havent read MOS for months.

SusannahL Fri 17-Aug-12 16:45:39

Thanks for sharing that Fire.
I seem to remember reading this piece about the horse dying and how , according to her, the owner had refused to contribute financially to the care of the horse.
A large percentage of LJ's articles are concerned with complaints about how miserable her life is, and how she has been used by people over the years.
This article was written as a recent example to illustrate that point.

Your account makes very sad reading indeed and it will be interesting to hear the eventual outcome.

lighthousekeeping Thu 16-Aug-12 18:27:40

thats really sad.

Fireandashes Thu 16-Aug-12 10:44:49

I have permission from the horse's owner to go into a little more detail:

Owner offered at the outset to pay livery costs for horse (we'll call her A); LJ declined as it was doing her a favour as A would be company for one of her other horses with specific management needs similar to A's.

Owner brought enough feed, medication and supplement at every visit to cover the periods inbetween visits. LJ didn't have to pay for any of these things for A (but is now claiming that she bought it all).

Owner offered to bring a trailer-load of A's accustomed bedding for her stable; LJ declined as she wanted to use a bedding of her choice.

Owner left over £2k's worth of equipment for LJ to use on any of her horses, not exclusively A. LJ still has the majority of that equipment - after A's death owner gave her permission to sell it if she wishes.

After A's death, owner reclaimed her bridle and saddle - both were green with mould as LJ had taken no care of them while they were with her.

Owner asked, and LJ assured, that A be turned out individually as she didn't cope well with being in a field with other horses. Unbeknown to owner LJ disregarded this request, turned A out with other horses and she was consequently bullied. Owner has photographic evidence of bite marks to A's back and neck.

There are also allegations that LJ insisted on unnecessary and invasive veterinary procedures to be carried out on A despite no evidence or history of a medical problems. (Owner has some evidence of this from LJ's vet who is cooperating with the PCC investigation.)

Owner never gave permission for A to be written about in LJ's articles.

LJ didn't do A's owner the courtesy of informing her privately that A had died; owner found out by reading her newspaper column.

I know A's owner and she is a 100% straight, honest, decent person. She genuinely thought that LJ, as patron of an equine charity for whom A's owner has done a lot of fund-raising, could give A a "perfect" home. That perfect home turned into a nightmare resulting in the unexpected death of a previously-fit and healthy A within four months of her joining LJ.

SusannahL Tue 14-Aug-12 13:30:49

That's interesting Fire. I seem to remember that story about how the owner of the horse allegedly refused to pay LJ for the various expenses with the horse.Any more information which you could divulge would be appreciated.
I think we have all learnt that a lot of what she says is, shall we say, economical with the truth.

Fireandashes Sat 11-Aug-12 16:54:10

I've only just found this thread and I don't read LJ's column regularly but I just wanted to say - I know the owner of the elderly ex-racehorse who died in LJ's care, and LJ's story is an utter pack of lies. Can't say more as the Press Complaints Commission is currently investigating it.

cario Mon 23-Jul-12 18:27:15

because she can't remember who it's meant to be.... grin

SusannahL Wed 18-Jul-12 12:30:34

I am sure she must do cario !
She still doesn't get why she is broke does she? It is not because she is too generous with people (although that could be a small part from what she has said), it's because she has spent her life buying stupidly overpriced designer stuff which she can't afford. Her diary has, for years been full of her telling us how her home is full of designer, top of the range furniture, as well as 'nothing but the best' food for all the animals.
Now there is the supposed proposal. Surelu nobody now believes he exists, so, if he does, it really is time for her to come clean about him.
I have honestly forgotten why she had to keep his identity a secret in the first place.

cario Fri 13-Jul-12 19:05:16

You forget - she would go to Aus to see her fictional RS, except as he's fictional she probably would be wondering how come he wasn't there to meet her - but when he said don't bother when she was on the way to the airport, it didn't occur to her to use the flight to see her sister...... do you think she takes lessons in heartlessness?

SusannahL Thu 12-Jul-12 13:24:24

I was so shocked at how she went straight from the death of her nephew to some really minor 'news' about the horse. It just seemed so callous.
Obviously the nephew didn't, in her eyes, warrant a whole column.
She must read through what she has written before submitting it to be published, so SURELY she should then have seen just how it looked to everyone else.
And apart from all this she should be in Australia comforting her sister, even if it meant travelling cattle class like the rest of us.

cario Tue 10-Jul-12 09:53:22

methinks she's clutching at straws to try and retain interest - any interest! Yay, let's try the 'dead relative' stunt, the 'sick mother' obviously wasn't enough ... obviously her family don't warrant any privacy either - 'tis true, you can't choose your relatives - unfortunately.

zanz1bar Sun 08-Jul-12 14:11:40

Ye gods, everyone and everything in her life for sale

cario Sun 03-Jun-12 12:55:19

not only self pitying, but incredibly lazy this week - just regurgitating old info, which wasn't even interesting the first time round.....

she is still full of crap. Take the hair shaving thing. Like she would ever do that. <tuts>

cario Fri 01-Jun-12 13:24:08

she's been looking for a way out for some while, I think she tried to opt out of her story a while back, but reintroduced him when nobody read her drivel anymore. She can't sustain the myth forever though, so perhaps she figured that somebody just MIGHT check flights to Aus, might just have realised she didn't have anything to do in Aus anyway as he doesn't actually exist and also that she MIGHT just have to stop being a victim. So she's written him out of the story.... let's see what happens when she realises we're still not interested in her ridiculous faux veganism and bloody cats.

discophile Tue 29-May-12 13:34:59

To see the column put "Liz Jones" into the site search and click "site". It will bring up loads of LJ b*ll*cks. Then select "most recent" and it will reorder so that you can see the magazine column. There is a slight delay, eg, you can't read the column from Sunday until Tuesday (which is today).

Most recent column she is hinting it's all going to be shortly over with the RS because she published his emails, as mentioned the previous week I believe. Quel surprise.

cario Mon 21-May-12 12:22:11

ah, the eyeliner - there's a thread all of it's own. NO, Liz - it doesn't make your eyes look bigger, it makes you look like a startled owl. Glasses are obviously as big a necessity as hearing aids for her...... you'd think she would notice how ridiculous she looks in photos, even if she can't spot it in the mirror.

Yes, it may be her swansong for the mail, either that or it's probably just a way to extricate herself from the whole fantasy.

SusannahL Mon 21-May-12 12:11:28

I am wondering if this week's piece is all leading to her saying that she will have to stop writing the diary as the RS (if he exists of course) clearly hates her reproducing his emails to her. There have been rumours about the Mail replacing her.

I agree PiedWagtail, she is compulsive yet guilty reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now