At one of her homes with Liz 'I'm broke' Jones and her mythical friends, including the ones who aren't her friends anymore, on her Prada inspired Island where pubes are banned and eating is disordered

(197 Posts)
cario Mon 09-Jan-12 12:44:01

OK, the thread on 'chat' has expired and we can't really stretch the whole 'who is the RS' thing any further as we're already pretty sure it's a mythical entity. Once she'd found out she'd been busted re the 'married man in S America' hallucination, Liz Jones has been busy practicing backpedalling as fast as her hairy little Prada enclosed legs will go so herewith a new thread, to enable a) us to continue marvelling at her audacity and self obsession (aka taking the piss) and b) continue to give our Liz ideas for her column, as she seemed to pick ones from the old thread with such ease. Liz - here's looking at you (and your dreadfully applied eyeliner)

fluffylegs Fri 13-Jan-12 13:14:56

I see Polly Vernon around, as we must live near each other. She looks in, and I'm not exaggerating, every reflective surface she walks past. Once I saw her shopping in Sainsbos- there were some chicken goujons in her basket.

whatkungfuthat Fri 13-Jan-12 15:53:45

I don't know who she is

katkitya Fri 13-Jan-12 17:57:39

She was the deputy editor of the Observer fashion magazine, she still works for them. She also writes a column under the alias Cocktail Girl. Shes a very good writer. Unlike our Liz, she likes a drink. Actually thats one thing I dont know about Liz, does she drink?

TeamEdward Fri 13-Jan-12 18:04:18

Ooh, what's the LJ Vs. Mary Portas story?
<out of the loop emoticon>

whatkungfuthat Fri 13-Jan-12 18:12:38

LJ appeared on that show where MP was launching a fashion line(looking like a bag of shite) and was mildy disapproving and then slagged the range off in the DM

TeamEdward Fri 13-Jan-12 18:46:27

FIGHT!

whatkungfuthat Fri 13-Jan-12 18:49:33

I think Mary decided to rise about it, sadly, as she would break LJ with one kick

MinnieBar Fri 13-Jan-12 18:56:31

I remember a PV article in - I think - Marie Claire about competitive under-eating, and she was basically claiming that ALL women do this. The next month the magazine printed a slew of 'No we don't love; you've got an eating disorder' letters and she got rather narky about it.

cario Sat 14-Jan-12 10:41:19

I note that in the DM this week, it's announced that LJ will no longer be regularly contributing her 'Jones Moans' weekly bit - I can't imagine for a moment that she's run out of things (real and imaginary) to moan about, so what gives there then??????? Well, her weekly DM column, obviously!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sat 14-Jan-12 10:45:43

polly vernon is cack. and rumour is that LJ was basically just too expensive and has been going to get slung for a while... the RS and sperm-stealing were likely delaying tactics on her part.

cario Sat 14-Jan-12 12:56:45

I probably shan't sleep tonight, in anticipation of tomorrow's column .... perhaps they'll give it to PV...... which is an unfortunate set of initials, btw - also medically your 'from your ladies passage', ahem.

katkitya Sat 14-Jan-12 14:46:55

Polly has left the Guardian but, it would be abit weird to say the least if she ended from there onto the Mail.

Well, no surprised, we've been saying for months that The Mail will be getting rid.

Starshaped Sat 14-Jan-12 14:57:31

Does't Polly Vernon write for Grazia now? I don't think she's quite as crazy as Liz myself...

whatkungfuthat Sat 14-Jan-12 16:22:22

Do we think she's been given the complete heave-ho then? If not I'm sure one of her DM mates will be along soon to defend her <waits>

whatkungfuthat Sun 15-Jan-12 08:29:03

Its back to the tried and tested filler of animal stuff this week (Lizzie the horse has cataracts). She did say that she only had one day off in 2011 though, boo-hoo

fluffylegs Sun 15-Jan-12 08:50:55

Oh god that animal stuff is boring

BrightnessFalls Sun 15-Jan-12 12:04:20

what a yawnfest. I reckon she will be gone come April.

whatkungfuthat Sun 15-Jan-12 12:10:45

I am genuinely curious as to what she is supposed to have had only one day off from? UK mini breaks, festivals, and trips New York and Ibiza with the pretendy RS? Being paid silly money to sit in her cupboard counting the worth of the designer crap she gets sent or writing contradictory bilge about her very odd existence? confused

c0rnsilllk Sun 15-Jan-12 12:14:26

did she make it all up then?

whatkungfuthat Sun 15-Jan-12 12:33:54

It certainly looks that way. Interestingly, there is someone writing in the mail comments under the diary that claims to know the RS, his ex-wife and the 'eurotrash' GF who said they were all very offended and angry that she has chosen to invent a whole scenario around him. The person said they are choosing to maintain a dignified silence rather than sue, and mentions several others including MP that are doing the same rather than feed LJ with attention.

She is also getting a kicking on her other article where she claims that all women can't wait to get out the corkscrew at 6pm every night "because they can't afford to go shopping" hmm

c0rnsilllk Sun 15-Jan-12 12:37:17

wow she is bonkers

BrightnessFalls Sun 15-Jan-12 12:37:53

I have to read that one!! What about those, like me, that cant wait to get the corkscrew out and find themselves shopping on the net an hour later when they are tipsy? If anything you shop more.

cario Mon 16-Jan-12 13:17:52

if they can't afford to go shopping, how do they buy the wine?

I'm with you on that Brightness, though I have a problem with that 'confirm purchase' button even when I haven't had wine. Wine merely adds a '0'.....

mrsbassy Fri 20-Jan-12 08:35:39

'rs' back in the column, in the same sentence as 'fantasy'...!!!

oh, & she has a 'best friend', too, now

cario Fri 20-Jan-12 10:55:51

Is that this coming Sunday's column? Wow, a best friend obtained in a week - she could write a 'how to' book about that. Except nobody would believe it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now