Liz Jones Rock Star identity??

(23 Posts)
rhonacorona Sun 31-Jul-11 21:47:17

www.heraldscotland.com/the-jim-kerr-interview-1.835290

When I meet Kerr in a London hotel, he is at the midway point between band rehearsals and the start of a UK arena tour marking 30 years of Simple Minds, formed way back in 1978 from the ashes of Glasgow punks Johnny And The Self Abusers. He is looking tanned, happy with the new songs that have come out of recording sessions in the summer, at ease with the fact he turns 50 next year. He is, in fact, a man with a secure sense of who he is: rock star; hotel owner; father; son; Glaswegian; resident of London, Nice, and Taormina in Sicily; political campaigner; 1980s pin-up. All of the above

BitOfFun Sun 31-Jul-11 21:49:22

So is this the answer then? And do I still care? I thought he had a Japanese girlfriend?

puzzlesum Sun 31-Jul-11 21:52:52

This is the subject of intense debate - I must confess I find the threads very funny despite not actually knowing who Liz Jones is. From the descriptions of her, I sense I am better off not knowing.

BitOfFun Sun 31-Jul-11 21:59:04

Yes, reading that interview, it does sound like the bloke she is describing. Quite why he would be interested in someone as vapid and moronic as Liz Jones, I have no idea.

shmoz Sun 31-Jul-11 22:10:40

I hope it is Jim Kerr, at least then Robert Plant will be off the hook.

<please please don't let it be RP>

hf128219 Sun 31-Jul-11 22:54:54

I wouldn't be surprised. He has an interesting history

LadyDangermouse Mon 01-Aug-11 12:35:23

"The person I feel sorry for is Jim Kerr"

Neither Jim Kerr nor Robert Plant (but especially JK) can sue Liz Jones for libel or slander or inaccurate reporting of facts ..... because she has the golden ticket get out clause that she has not actually really NAMED the "rock star".

So meanwhile JK and RP have to live with the fact that if you type their names into google the name "Liz Jones" comes up next to them .....

No doubt JK and RP find this very amusing with their real girlfriends (Yumi for Jim Kerr and Patti Griffin for Robert Plant) who they are really dating !!!

LadyDangermouse Mon 01-Aug-11 12:38:09

rhonacorona Sun 31-Jul-11 21:47:17
www.heraldscotland.com/the-jim-kerr-interview-1.835290

"When I meet Kerr in a London hotel ....."

In what way is this possibly the faintest tenuous link of EVIDENCE?

(1) It was written in 2008.
(2) It was not written by Liz Jones.

Now if you can find me an article / interview written since July 2010 in which Liz Jones herself speaks to or about Jim Kerr do let me know !!!!

"rhonacorona" ...... yet another "friend of a friend" of Liz Jones attempting to sell us this story and lay yet another red herring clue !!!

I will not believe it until there is a current (2010 or 2011) article and photo which links them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajandjjmum Mon 01-Aug-11 12:41:32

I know I shouldn't read it, but.........in yesterday's column she said that people were looking at them together as they were at this festival. Surely someone would have spilt the beans if it really happened.

LadyDangermouse Mon 01-Aug-11 12:49:32

ajandjjmum Mon 01-Aug-11 12:41:32
"I know I shouldn't read it, but.........in yesterday's column she said that people were looking at them together as they were at this festival. Surely someone would have spilt the beans if it really happened."

.... who was wearing the Cloak of Invisibility -- Liz and her Imaginary Boyfriend or the people looking at them?

hmm

BitOfFun Mon 01-Aug-11 13:37:20
LadyDangermouse Mon 01-Aug-11 14:28:50

BitOfFun Mon 01-Aug-11 13:37:20
"Fabulous article on Liz Jones here." .....

And another one on Lizard's NHS balls up article -- I love the fact that this one refers to her as "Liz Jones - Professional Troll".

www.briankellett.net/brian-kellett-dot-net/2011/8/1/raised-expectations.html?SSLoginOk=true

Professional Troll -- great new job description !!! grin

NattersAndMutters Wed 03-Aug-11 17:53:11

yet another "friend of a friend" of Liz Jones

I've spotted a snag - does she have any friends? Surely not? shock

petre1954 Tue 13-Aug-13 14:29:58

Doe you not get it. There is NO rock star bf. LJ is a complete fantasist. Who in their right mind would want LJ as a girlfriend, having to share your space with goodness knows how many smelly animals.

mystaplerisevil Tue 13-Aug-13 14:32:42

rofl at the zombie

mignonette Tue 13-Aug-13 14:54:31

In this internet age when everybody has a camera phone and behaves like freelance paparazzi is it not inconceivable that there exists not one photograph published anywhere in the whole wide world of this person and her rock star 'BF'?

This woman has serious problems and there is something very unedifying about the media's continual usage of her unhinged personality to sell papers.

One day we will have her suicide on our hands because I do not believe she is entirely rational and we are treating her as a Victorian carnival freak show even if she does spout bile, hatred and bigotry.

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 06-Sep-13 15:47:53

Jim Kerr would make sense but I always had an inkling it was mick hucknell I mean he would do a hole in a road

whatkungfuthat Sun 08-Sep-13 13:26:12

Jim Kerr has denied it's him, as has LJ. There were rumours that he also issues a 'cease and desist' regarding dropping heavy hints that it's him. The general consensus is that its made up or someone so insignificant that she has made him sound like Kerr for her column.

out2lunch Sat 19-Oct-13 16:25:28

or........................ midge ure

cario Mon 11-Nov-13 12:41:09

I'm sure Midge Ure was crossed off the list on some marathon thread or other, but can't remember why..... Doesn't matter now as she's got the new poor sap paramour so we can now all pretend the RS never existed. Oh .........

Mintyfrog Sat 30-Nov-13 18:11:18

This crazy lives very near my DM - local consensus even though very few have any idea who she is -
Complete loon !

nonmifairidere Fri 06-Dec-13 00:22:41

She writes for the Mail - her column is just another piece of detritus on a pile of garbage. And no self-respecting rock star would look, let alone touch; she's just desperate to make herself appear interesting and attractive

Mellowandfruitful Fri 20-Dec-13 22:51:18

I also thought she had been pressured to say one way or the other whether it was JK, a little while back, and had had to admit it wasn't. Think it was on one of the previous threads on here. It all seems fairly delusional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now