2 ski holidays this year!

(8 Posts)
Enb76 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:50:42

Taking my daughter skiing in Feb half-term (her 4th week) and managed to get myself another week, just for me. Christ I'm excited. I haven't had a solo holiday since she was born.

BikeRunSki Tue 15-Nov-16 10:53:00

So envious envysmileenvysmileenvy!!!!

Not been since DS was a baby (he's 8 now), used to go 2 or 3 times a season.

lovetoskimum Tue 15-Nov-16 10:54:05

OMG, Enb76, how god damn lucky !!

Where are both trips too ???

We are off as a family in March but DH still trying very very hard to bag a boys only one, maybe the girls time next year as they had one this year smile

Enb76 Tue 15-Nov-16 11:07:06

Doing Chamonix in Feb half-term and Val Thorens with the snowHeads End of Season bash. I was researching Chamonix and just pushed a button and voila!

My daughter is also 8 and I'm a single parent so we normally do a single parent ski holiday - been with Mango for the last three years but branching out now as I'm bored of the ski area and my daughter can whip down a red (or could by the end of the last holiday). Not been to Chamonix or Val Thorens.

I'm most excited about Val Thorens just because it's a holiday that doesn't involve childcare or only having an hour to properly explore and making sure I don't get drunk (does that sound selfish? I don't care)

lovetoskimum Tue 15-Nov-16 13:06:52

Enjoy and your not being selfish !! Have a ball and get drunk !!!

DH 50th in a couple of years and I am in the process of looking at a one off special trip for jus us two !!

I may start looking for a girls one smile

bluetongue Wed 16-Nov-16 10:55:00

Good choices OP smile

I did a UCPA week in Chamonis a few years ago and had a great time. Beautiful place. Not stayed in Val a Thorens but skied there when I stayed in Meribel and the whole three Valleys area is amazing.

Skilover Wed 16-Nov-16 14:21:45

Both great choices. Chamonix is stunningly beautiful and a proper town with great skiing. Recommend you decide each day where you are going to ski and stick with a particular area. I love the skiing in Les Houches on a clear day as the views down the valley are simply breath taking and it's also good if weather cloudy as there are some tree lined runs too. Also You'll have a great time in Val Thorens too, fab resort, lots of amazing skiing and great people. Suspect you will enjoy some beers/wine at the Folie Douce...wine

Enb76 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:31:24

The trip with my 8 year old is Chamonix - her ski instructor is based somewhere around Les Montets and I'm looking for a couple of hours off-piste instruction so would welcome recommendations. I can ski pretty much anything on-piste but would like to get a little more adventurous. Thanks for the recommendation to pick an area for the day.

Last year we were in Marilleva (Folgarida) and decided on a low visibility day to lift/ski to the opposite end of the map and back in 2 hours. It was a stretch but great fun whizzing everywhere and skiing when you can't see is interesting. The lifts were dull.

Val Thorens should be a blast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now