Anyone used inntravel austria?

(10 Posts)
Chewingthecrud Tue 15-Nov-16 06:46:52

Appeals to me as caters for beginners and cross country and sounds less hectic than the French resort but is it too quiet and what are the ski schools like?

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Tue 15-Nov-16 06:52:34

I used to work for inntravel (but many many years ago so a bit out of touch). The resort will be vair naice. Which resort is it? Have you booked a family holiday?

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Tue 15-Nov-16 06:54:53

Sorry,which HOTEL?? The ski schools should be OK. The original owners were very demanding people so if the hotel is still one of the first set to feature in the brochures / website, then the standard of the area should be fine.

Chewingthecrud Tue 15-Nov-16 16:28:51

Thanks vanilla I haven't picked a hotel was just having a nose as keen book Austria but I want cross country skiiing and downhill skiers are all beginners so it looked ideal.

Anyone else used them?

kittykarate Fri 18-Nov-16 16:47:00

I've only used Crystal and Headwater for cross country holidays. Crystal only offer cross country in a limited number of resorts, but the one they use is Seefeld which is great (if there is snow).

catshavestaff Sun 20-Nov-16 13:13:07

We've had some great summer walking trips with Inntravel in alpine areas so the service and hotels should be fine. Think they are stronger on cross country than downhill skiing.

VanillaSugarAndChristmasSpice Sun 20-Nov-16 20:41:02

Good point cats - inntravel is basically a walking holiday company so the winter holidays are good for cross country skiing and snowshoe walking. I'm sure the skiing should be adequate though. Phone them up!! Ask them - that's what they're there for.

Mossiebonbon Thu 24-Nov-16 18:10:40

I am desperately trying to find a holiday that will allow myself and husband to learn to cross country ski whilst kids beginner downhill. I ve looked at going to Yllas Finland with Inghams but lessons start in different meeting points so kids would be left high and dry at end! Please, any advice?

VanillaSugarAndChristmasSpice Thu 24-Nov-16 21:27:01

Try Mark Warner, but be quick!

Mossiebonbon Thu 24-Nov-16 22:08:56

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now