Booking help anyone?

(9 Posts)
hotsweetpotato Sat 12-Nov-16 15:35:50

Hi,
We are family of 4 looking to ski at le 2 alpes in January.
Quite like the look of the Aalborg hotel with Nielson.
Has anyone been here before? Any tips?
Also, does anyone know a good time to book with nielson? Current deal doesn't cover this hotel, previous was free kit offer but still didn't affect price too much.
Usually book things in October then find everyone else got a cheaper deal than us!!

Thanks smile

PestoSwimissimos Sat 12-Nov-16 16:01:07

I've been to Les Deux Alpes a couple of years ago, but went to Hotel La Brunerie with Crystal Holidays which was excellent and fairly central.

hotsweetpotato Sun 13-Nov-16 19:34:43

We looked at that hotel but weren't overly keen after seeing the pictures online..
Maybe I should look into that one a bit more,
Thank you x

PestoSwimissimos Mon 14-Nov-16 09:50:55

I'd say the rooms were nothing special but the bonus was they did have a small bath tub in addition to a shower. There is a also an indoor pool and the best thing was the food, it was amazing and even though we were half-board, all our drinks with the meals were included!! (Even wine!!) Such an unexpected bonus grin

hotsweetpotato Mon 14-Nov-16 11:35:01

Oohhh, its sounding better & better!!
Will definitely have a look at it tonight.

Do you know if crystal do similar childcare? We liked the fact that neilson will drop off & pick up from kids ski school & give them lunch so we can ski child free til 2pm ish
X

PestoSwimissimos Mon 14-Nov-16 16:44:06

Sorry, not sure on Crystal childcare. My friend's DD's were in ski school and my DD2 skiied with us.

hotsweetpotato Mon 14-Nov-16 20:48:59

Ah, thanks anyway,
Had a quick look, does look nice, will give them a call tomorrow x

surreygoldfish Fri 18-Nov-16 08:46:15

Just in case you haven't booked we went to the Aalborg last Easter. We really liked it - rooms fine, food fine (and flexible if children wanted something else), bar area great and the location is ideal. The ski conditions were something else - varied from lovely snow to slush to solid ice. Worst steep icy reds I've ever skied on!!

hotsweetpotato Fri 18-Nov-16 15:03:36

Thanks,
Aalborg does look great, one of our shortlist, they had a deal on a while back but not at the moment, so quite pricey. Hoping they will do a ski pass/ equipment deal again soon....
I've only skied for 2 weeks before so can get down a blue, just not always gracefully!!
Conditions varied then?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now