self drive to France 8 and 4 yo - recommendations for ski resorts + access waterpark?

(6 Posts)
schooling123 Mon 24-Oct-16 07:19:30

we probably want too much... I have 4 yo and worried that he might not be too keen on skiing etc...so woudl like to have a hotel with water park, so one boy can enjoy skiing and another will enjoy indoor swimming. Woudl this make sense? please let me know your thoughts...

Skilover Tue 25-Oct-16 17:05:58

Loads of accommodations now have pools and many of the resorts have invested hugely in their local pools. The resort that springs to mind is Avoriaz as they have Aquariaz www.ernalow.co.uk/blog/avoriaz-aquariaz and Courchevel www.courchevel.com/winter/en/aquamotion-e649.html so they might be worth a try?

Skilover Tue 25-Oct-16 17:09:43

My ds was 4 last year and we found it particularly good to have a self-catering apartment with a pool in the complex so we could come back to the apartment, play, watch a dvd etc and go swimming in the afternoons after him morning lesson. He was very happy just to go and play in the snow as well and loved climbing up snowy banks and sliding back down for what seemed like a very long time, followed by a hot chocolate or similar. We went to Arc 1950 and it was great for that sort of family environment.

Skilover Tue 25-Oct-16 17:10:12

his morning lesson!

lovetoskimum Wed 26-Oct-16 10:43:22

Yay, I second Les Arc, we have been self driving for the past 3 years, love it, stay in 2000 as a bit cheaper than 1950, but there is a bubble lift down to 1950 than runs till 11pm, self catering ski in ski out with pool and sauna, cant wait till March 17 !!

More stories please smile

PassTheCremeEggs Wed 26-Oct-16 10:46:32

Val d'Isere and Tignes both have big and relatively new swimming complexes in town - Val d'Isere gives you at least one free swim with each 6 day lift pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now