Resort recommendations please

(10 Posts)
clarrylove Sat 20-Aug-16 08:59:14

We (2 adults and 2 boys age 10 and 7) normally ski Saint Foy but can't get our usual accommodation and thought it might be time for a change of resort. Here is our wish list:

French resort, self-driving so not too far down
2 bed apartment
Must be ski-in/out
Pretty/quiet resort which feels family safe
Lots of red/blue runs
Access to pool/hot tub

Any suggestions?

snicholson76 Tue 06-Sep-16 09:18:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lovetoskimum Tue 06-Sep-16 11:47:42

We stay in Les Arcs, self catering ski in and out, lovely modern clean apartments, pool etc.

Chalet des Neiges, booked already for March 17 !!

Enjoy finding somewhere smile

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 06-Sep-16 16:42:48

When are you going? Makes quite a difference.

clarrylove Sat 17-Sep-16 18:43:07

Hopefully going first week of Jan so needs to have a good snow record.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 18-Sep-16 10:09:42

Chatel claims a good record. The other combo is, glacier, but not too high as Jan can be cold. Les arc or La Plagne worth checking out ... Lovetoskimum goes to les Arc a lot so can add something

massistar Tue 20-Sep-16 14:56:52

Avoriaz? I know a lot of people on here slate it as it's a man made resort but I loved it.. no cars in resort so very safe and has the lovely Aquariaz pool.

lovetoskimum Wed 21-Sep-16 16:07:15

Hi Clarry

Did you decide on a resort ??

6 months to wait for me !!! Hurry up winter and ski sunday !! smile

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 21-Sep-16 16:11:17

Another recommendation for Chatel. Also (and in the same area) Les Crosets and Champery.

ladydoer Sat 24-Sep-16 22:37:34

Going to Tignes/Val dÍsere for many years now..quiet resort, diverse ski runs (easier seem to be more in Val dÍsere resort), nice swimming pool (tends to get a bit crowded though), really affordable and family-friendly apartments

Also enjoyed Alpe de Huez - easier runs than Val d'isere/tignes and beginner ski lifts had been free. The village is nothing special though. I think they had a hot swimming pool there...but if I remember, water had not been warm enough for us to enter it..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now