AIBU to start wallsits for 2016/17 season?

(15 Posts)
dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 18-Jun-16 20:39:35

Clearly I can't post that on the real AIBU because they'll all ignore the very serious issue!

I've just started doing a wall sit before bed. If I can get to 8 minutes before Xmas I've convinced myself it'll be my best season yet.

AIB--deluded--U ? grin

trixymalixy Sat 18-Jun-16 20:43:58

YANBU, DH and I have started our pre season training already too! grin.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 18-Jun-16 20:56:05

Excellent! I knew it, I'm totally reasonable grin

What are you doing trixy?

trixymalixy Sat 18-Jun-16 22:10:16

TRX training. Loads of squats and lunges using it. You can get them on Amazon for about £30 and I can totally recommend it. It doesn't feel hard at the time but oh boy do you feel it the next day!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 19-Jun-16 08:29:05

Just had a look and it does look interesting..... I'd just have to use it (fatal flaw!).

lovetoskimum Wed 22-Jun-16 14:53:25

Yes totally reasonable, I have started running for a longer distance now and also will be partaking in the wall sit !!

Trixy, just googled it, looks amazing, I have got to get one, will look amazon.

You may see I have started a new thread !! smile

Ski mad !!

trixymalixy Wed 22-Jun-16 15:34:24

this is the one I have

It's virtually indistinguishable from my PTs branded TRX.

It's great because you can get a deeper squat than against a wall or just standing, plus you can do one legged squats.

There is that fatal flaw that you do have to use it to get the desired effects though! grin

lovetoskimum Wed 22-Jun-16 16:26:00

Trixy, thank you for that, we defo get on pay day smile

Where are you and husband off too ??? any children ? smile

trixymalixy Wed 22-Jun-16 17:59:13

We're off to the same chalet we went to this year in Morillon. Party of 7 adults, 6 kids. Can't wait!!

How about you?

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 23-Jun-16 20:31:09

Hi lovetoski <waves a pole>

I'm trying to control my competitive urge as I think a wallsit competition hurt my knee a couple of years ago. ... I'm taking it easy this time.

I also upping my mileage over Summer. I did a half marathon or two last winter and it was definitely worth it. I'm not convinced I'd use trixy 's gadget, but I can force myself into my trainers.

... well done on the other thread. I'm going over grin

lovetoskimum Mon 27-Jun-16 11:51:57

Hi Dont, waving pole back smile

Trixy, off to Les Arcs 11th March, me too cant wait !!

lets see how many we can get to join Happy Ski thread part 3 going strong smile

rookiemere Fri 01-Jul-16 08:58:27

Great idea, we're booked for Feb half term to Serre Chevalier staying in a shoe box with a pull down bed grin. I could definitely do with being a bit more ski fit, but the DVDs I have are mega boring and long so adding wall sits to my routine is much more doable.

MrsRedFly Fri 01-Jul-16 11:17:53

We 're booked too! Might actually do exercise before I go - skiing was fine it was carrying all the DC equipment that did me in!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Fri 01-Jul-16 21:42:24

I have a Dakine Heli backpack and it carries skis, really worth it with little ones mrsred

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 26-Jul-16 21:58:45

I started getting fitter last November and was able to feel a difference by the time that we went skiing in January.

I've kept up the boot camps three times a week and cannot wait for next January - I feel fitter and stronger than I have done for years!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now