Grr - why can't I book an apartment for Feb 17 now !

(7 Posts)
rookiemere Fri 15-Apr-16 18:15:41

Just that really.
We've got the flights so I'd like to book something, but most owners ( French) refuse to take 2017 bookings until October/November. As it's half term I want to be sure that we get something with wifi or my family will go on strike.
Is this normal practice?

vEGANvERA Sat 16-Apr-16 19:21:43

Where are you looking to go. We have our feb 17 apartment booked but no flights!

rookiemere Sat 16-Apr-16 20:11:45

Serre Chevalier - mostly French folks that go there so think it's set up for booking nearer the time.

vEGANvERA Sat 16-Apr-16 20:36:28

Is it a french school holiday the week you are looking to go?

rookiemere Sat 16-Apr-16 20:40:59

Yes

angelcake20 Sat 16-Apr-16 23:46:14

The apartment we stayed in in Italy sent me the rates for 16/17 before we had even been this year with a early booking period for previous visitors so it's not universal. We'll be going at Easter and the flights are only booking up to the end of March so I'm not booking anything yet.

rookiemere Sun 17-Apr-16 09:18:07

yes I started looking at Italy and they were all very friendly and sent me a response straight away.

However DH's friend works and lives at Serre Chevalier hence why we're going back - plus there's a fab English ski school and Monetier is a cute village.

I just hate not being able to sort it all out and then all the extra faff with costs for linen, towels and cleaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now