Where to go next year?

(5 Posts)
CruCru Tue 23-Feb-16 17:09:11

Hi all

We've just got back from a great week in Morzine and I'm trying to decide what to look at next. Our kids will be 5 and 3 so we'll be tied to the school holidays. Where would you recommend? One thing I love about Morzine is the short transfer from Geneva (I love Zermatt but it is four hours from Geneva).

Back in the day, I've been to La Plagne, Val Thorens, Courmayer, St Anton, Verbier, Zermatt, Les Arcs, Meribel and Val d'Isere. However, it was so long ago that I can't remember them all. Plus my priorities will now be different. I've also been to Squaw and Whistler but they really are too far with the kids.

My husband is quite advanced so we would need quite a big ski area.

fififolle Tue 23-Feb-16 17:23:07

We love La Plagne and are going with Esprit next January. My husband is also a very good skier and always has plenty to go at. You could get a discovery (1 day in Les Arcs) or full area pass to open up even more.

trixymalixy Tue 23-Feb-16 21:43:28

We loved Flaine, also a short transfer from Geneva. I wouldn't recommend Morillon in the school holidays the lift queues were hideous.

Put St Vincent with snowbizz was great for the kids.

SanityClause Tue 23-Feb-16 22:00:17

I really like Morzine, but last year in February half term, the queues were massive.

This year, we went to Les Arcs. We have been before, at eastertime, but even February, the queues weren't too bad. (Except for the Transarc, but I hate it anyway, so I always try to find another route up.)

We stayed at 1800, but I thought the skiing around Vallandry was nicest - lovely runs through the trees.

You can go over to La Plagne on the Vanoise Express, as well.

flashheartscanoe Wed 24-Feb-16 13:58:27

We stayed in vallandry! Loved it, queues not too bad and tons of great skiing. New gen ski school are there to. The big problem was the transfer on the Saturday, the traffic was horrendous and it took us 6 hours to drive from Lyon airport. I'd go on the overnight train from Paris if I lived in London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now