Unhappy first time skiier

(4 Posts)
NameNumber2 Tue 16-Feb-16 01:12:40

Looking for any advice;

We have ours DDs 7&4 skiing for the first time. Both had first lessons yesterday. Although 4 yo was crying in her lesson she has now pronounced a love for the sport. However our usual happy go lucky 7yo had a bad fall and a ski hurt her uretha. She is desperate to not go back to lessons but stay with me. I have spoken to the staff who have reassured me that she will love it by the end of the week, but I am not sure I can force her to go to today's lesson.

Do you think I should make her go again today, if she skips a day she will obviously be behind the group and not be able to catch up.

Do you have any experiences with your children that may help me decide what to do?

Aussiemum78 Tue 16-Feb-16 01:17:29

I wouldn't force her but if you do encourage her to go, the lessons are the best way. And keep her on the little slopes as long as she needs to.

Maybe tell her to do one more lesson and give it another chance?

Lovewhereilive Sat 20-Feb-16 07:01:06

My 7 year old was crying a bit last Sunday on his first ski school morning. We stayed to watch him go down the nursery slope a few times by which time he was giving us the thumbs up and trying to be brave. We said we would meet him for lunch by which time he declared how much he loved skiing, his ski instructor and the group. Kids are fickle and forget how upset they were very quickly whilst we are left feeling like the worst parents.

Try and encourage her to go, offer to watch her, offer to treat her to a cake/ toy/ souvenir whatever if she tries.

Good luck.

Lovewhereilive Sat 20-Feb-16 07:01:34

Oops just seen the date - too late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now