Carrying ski's

(13 Posts)
WelshMoth Tue 09-Feb-16 06:46:16

I'm going solo parentis with the DC next week ad we have a shuttle bus to get to the ski stations. Have had luxury of ski in ski out in the past without DC so this could be a challenge.

Are there any good 'tools' or straps that I can buy to carry more than I pair of ski's comfortably?

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 09-Feb-16 07:21:30

I use a hiking rucksack with side straps and put a pair of skis on each side, carry mine and kids carry poles. I use Velcro straps on the skis so they don't slide apart. DC's are 9 and 6.

jo164 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:21:40

Is there the option of renting a ski locker near to the lift station? We have a 5 min walk with young children and this saves a lot of hassle in the morning!

PatriciaHolm Tue 09-Feb-16 11:31:49

This sort of thing?

www.amazon.co.uk/Skiweb-Ski-Carrier-Classic-Design/dp/B00M0T2ERQ/ref=pd_cp_200_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1K0N3C6WMD4XAQSEV32T

MrsGuyOfGisbo Tue 09-Feb-16 13:34:49

Oh, god I used to have this problem! Rucksack with straps for skis - IKEA bag for poles...

clam Thu 11-Feb-16 18:52:35

You can do a clever little manoeuvre with the pole loops so you carry them horizontal like a shopping bag. No idea how to describe it, but ski ties help. A lot.

Gattabianca Thu 11-Feb-16 20:54:35

I agree with Jo. Hire a locker. It will make your life so much easier.

clam Thu 11-Feb-16 22:09:32

But they're quite expensive, if I recall correctly. That my or may not be a consideration.

Gattabianca Thu 11-Feb-16 22:39:14

It would be worth it for me.
If you're renting you should be able to store your equipment in the shop each day, though obviously that only helps if the shop is close to the lift.

andadietcoke Thu 11-Feb-16 22:43:20

I have the skiweb. So easy - straps round skis and poles and you just put the strap on your shoulder. Folds up really small to go in your ski jacket pocket.

Trickydecision Fri 12-Feb-16 13:03:09

In the olden days I had a similar thing to the skiweb, and loved it. Now it is a condition of my going on ski holidays that my skis are always carried everywhere by DH or DSs. I do the decent thing and carry their poles.
OP might have to wait a few years before that option is available.

Gattabianca Fri 12-Feb-16 20:05:23

grin tricky DS is 3 so prob a bit mean for me to insist on that now but in 15 years I hope I can implement that rule grin

MrsGuyOfGisbo Fri 12-Feb-16 20:21:36

The youngest DC (5) used to carry the poles, the elder one (7) carried one ski, and I carried 5 skis grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now