Pre-booking skis/boots etc

(7 Posts)
IsletsOfLangerhans Mon 04-Jan-16 10:29:55

Hello - hopefully this is not too daft a question....
I just discovered our hotel does pre-booked ski and boot hire. When I enquired, they asked what sizes we need. I assume they need shoe size in European sizes, but in terms of skis, do they just need your height?
I'm wondering if it's just easier to rock up at the ski rental place when we arrive Sunday afternoon.....

ChilliMum Mon 04-Jan-16 10:31:51

Height weight and shoe size. I think it is better to book in advance if you have a common shoe size as the good boots skis etc will have already been allocated.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 04-Jan-16 12:21:39

Have a look at Snowell too. Usually very competitive and very good quality kit.

FadedRed Mon 04-Jan-16 12:29:52

In addition to height, weight and shoe size in continental measures, they also need to know your skill level (beginner, intermediate, expert, off piste?).

IsletsOfLangerhans Mon 04-Jan-16 13:32:57

Thank you - really appreciate the help! I haven't been skiing since 2001 and I have always just turned up at the rental place to get sorted! The thing I am worried about is it sounds like we preorder and then they are delivered to the hotel - might be more problematic if they don't fit..... but as we arrive the afternoon before we start skiing, would save time!

lovetoskimum Mon 04-Jan-16 13:43:27

We always pre book using a rental company that deliver to accommodation, they are very good and bring others with them, if there is a problem during your week, they come out to you and change, not sure where you are going but we use Rental republic, excellent service smile

IsletsOfLangerhans Mon 04-Jan-16 14:11:35

Thanks - unfortunately we are staying at a small resort which isn't covered by any of the companies mentioned, but I feel much more confident now to pre book from the hotel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now