Any short skiers out there?

(15 Posts)
tirtytreeandatird Sat 02-Jan-16 21:29:52

Hi there just looking for some ski wear advice please ! I am 5 ft 0 .... That right basically a short arse :-) have not been skiing for nearly 7 years, my gear from back then is pretty manky from being in the attic and my salopettes were way too long. I have a decent black jacket and would only like to get new salopettes. Went to a few shops today, tkmax have no ski gear left, tried some girls stuff in regatta, mountain warehouse places like that ..but they only had up to age 13 ...which lets face it I am not😢😢 while they were ok on the length they were a bit too snug. So please tell me wise mumsnetters (esp the short ones!) where oh where do you buy your short leg ski gear?

PestoFestivio Sun 03-Jan-16 14:49:13

I just get normal stuff and it bunches up over my ski boots which is fine. When I take the boots off then they're about a foot too long blush grin

LIZS Sun 03-Jan-16 14:53:40

I think some of the Decathlon kit has adjustable leg and sleeve lengths, using internal cords.

massistar Mon 04-Jan-16 08:41:19

The likes of o'neill etc do girls stuff up to age 16

massistar Mon 04-Jan-16 08:42:30

Sorry posted too soon!! Try tk maxx if you have one nearby, they do better brands of kids stuff and you might be lucky with the sizing!

tirtytreeandatird Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:59

Thanks for the replies everyone. Will check decathlon and have another look in tk maxx, the one I tried a few days ago had no ski stuff left. They might be due more gear in soon. I have this feeling we are going to get onto the slopes and people will point and laugh at our very outdated gear! I believe it's normal now for everyone to wear helmets too ....that will be a first for us!! Once I get my stuff organised I can start looking forward to the skiing bit 😃😃

Blowninonabreeze Mon 04-Jan-16 20:28:21

TK maxx online is amazing for ski stuff. Look daily

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 05-Jan-16 20:47:44

I saw these today in Tog24 which are in a short length.

trixymalixy Tue 05-Jan-16 22:18:06

Sweaty Betty have 3 different leg lengths in their salopettes. They are ££££ though.

drspouse Thu 07-Jan-16 12:33:30

Boden teen range goes up to 16+ which is about an adult 12, but may be too long!

no73 Thu 07-Jan-16 16:24:20

I'm short and a size 14-16 so not only do I look like a big fat bauble rolling down the slopes I also have to roll my trousers up once the ski boots come off as they are about a foot too long!

I'm trying to find some for my ski trip in a weeks time and have had no luck so far.

OverAndAbove Thu 07-Jan-16 22:46:20

I was about to post this very thread. I also end up rolling my trousers up when I step out of my boots. I'll have a look at decathlon, although it sounds like they'll bunch up too

BloodyBloods Fri 08-Jan-16 13:55:23

Protest do a short fit version of their Hopkins salopettes. You can often pick up a brand new pair of last year's stock quite cheaply.

museumum Fri 08-Jan-16 13:56:45

I got boys trespass ones which fit ok I'm size 12-14 and 5'2"

NeuNewNouveau Mon 11-Jan-16 14:15:15

I came across this site below when looking for plus size skiwear. May be useful?

www.theshortskishop.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now