Random first time skiing question!!

(4 Posts)
calistaraines Mon 28-Dec-15 22:47:15

Going on the school family skiing trip. Taking holdalls etc for our main luggage. We will be flying then coach transfer.

Do i take a handbag??? Will i need one in a resort or would a rucksack do? I'm not a rucksack type of person!!!
I mainly have formal leather handbags but these do not look right with my ski jacket. Argh!!

What does everyone else take???

FartyTette Mon 28-Dec-15 22:52:33

Ski resorts are generally pretty informal (unless you are a Russian oligarch in Courcheval!), and I would suggest go with whatever you feel comfortable with! Lots of people will go out in the evenings with handbags, and most people will have ski jackets, so it isn't really a case of not looking right. I tend to take a small over-the-body bag for the airport and going out in the evenings. Don't go for anything that marks easily - hopefully you will have lots of overnight snow when you are out in the resort, leading to lovely pistes in the morning.

Hope you have a great time.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 23:03:26

Never taken a handbag. Purse fits in ski jacket.

snowgirl1 Wed 30-Dec-15 13:15:36

I use a handbag at home, but never in a ski resort - there's no real need for it. Backpack for hand luggage, then just stick my purse in a pocket when in resort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now