Is halfterm 2014 particularly expensive?

(27 Posts)
OwlMother Tue 23-Jul-13 08:32:36

I'm looking at flights now for next February. The same flights we went on this year are currently 3x what we paid for them for equivalent flights in 2014. ( sorry- I realise that the last sentence does not read well, but I'm tired and can't improve on it!)

According to my DF next year all half term holidays in the entire of Europe collide and this combined with a late easter means that half term will be busier.

Any experience of this? I'm finding the prices quite depressing!

jamtoast12 Sat 28-Dec-13 16:01:53

The max fine for family of four is only £240 according to this. Its £60 per absence period per parent per child so you can actually have two weeks for £120 per child which is much cheaper

www.leeds.gov.uk/News/Pages/New-legislation-signals-an-end-to-holidays-in-term-time.aspx

Half term flights are ridiculous this year. We're now flying the Thursday before break up and coming back the Tuesday after and it saved a grand. I've booked BA flights as they worked out cheaper than Easyjet.

I know the kids shouldn't miss school but they have very good attendance so I'm risking it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now