Anyone booked for 2013/14 season yet?

(21 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 08-Apr-13 12:37:47

Flights are out and we're getting quotes from a few companies!

massistar Mon 08-Apr-13 13:41:44

Not booked yet but I am looking!

jo164 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:33:07

Just waiting for our flights to be out in about a weeks time - going Easter 2014, and we'll be booking :-)

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 09-Apr-13 20:53:08

Ahhhhhhh. We're sorted grin

RosamundLehmann Wed 10-Apr-13 22:05:38

Yes! Done...Going over new year.

YoniTrix Sat 13-Apr-13 00:47:19

Yes! Off to Val d'isere in Scottish half term.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 13-Apr-13 08:19:33

Are half terms in Scotland different to England and Wales?

YoniTrix Sat 13-Apr-13 17:11:58

Yes, the Scottish feb half term is the week before the English one. Our flights and accommodation double in price the week after we go grin.

LexyMa Sat 13-Apr-13 17:30:55

we went this year and didn't quite fill the chalet... the day after we got back we started recruiting our group for the exact same chalet in the same week of March next year... Booked by the end of March and filled the chalet this time (23)! We had seven kids this year including a 6 month old, we'll have a slightly different seven next year including MY 6 month old!!! Am so excited.

Top tip ... kids ski clothing goes for a song on ebay in about Apr/May/June. I kitted out all our kids by buying stuff about then, averaging £12 a jacket/salopettes including postage. Obvs if you're selling, wait till November!

YoniTrix Sat 13-Apr-13 17:37:59

Yy Lex, I've started scouring eBay for next year's ski stuff for the kids!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 13-Apr-13 18:01:22

That's handy Yoni!

We take ours out of school for a week in January. Will do that while they're in Primary school but will have to have a rethink when they move to comp.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 13-Apr-13 21:40:06

Flights booked to Grenoble for half term- waiting to book accomodation near our friends. Sadly the Edinburgh half term hols are the same as the English ones so I got in quickly the day they came out on Easyjet.

juneau Mon 15-Apr-13 08:08:39

Yes, we're going to Austria for new year. Just looked at the flights and OMG!!!!! We paid less than £500 to go this year (admittedly with one of our DC under two), but even Easyjet is quoting over £1,000 sad

juneau Mon 15-Apr-13 08:12:46

Actually, we paid £423 this year, next year the price is quoted as £1,218. Is there any chance that the price will go down?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 15-Apr-13 08:33:50

I've never known them to come down in price to be honest.

Did you go over New Year last time too? That's a horrendous difference.

We've paid about £80 more for next January, think that was because we couldn't book until a couple of weeks after the flights were released - the very cheapest seats had sold already.

prettybird Mon 15-Apr-13 08:41:11

In Glasgow the state schools don't get a full week sad: the February break is just two days plus an INSET day, so if you want to go skiing, you have to take them put of school for two days not that has stopped us wink

Ironically, it's not as if it saves us money as some years, it is the same week as the English half term hmm. Other years, it is the week before, which is great. Haven't checked out next year but a) ds is now at secondary and b) we can't currently afford it sad at least not until either dh or I or both of us get a new job

juneau Mon 15-Apr-13 08:49:47

No, we've never been at new year before - I guess that's the difference.

YoniTrix Mon 15-Apr-13 09:17:14

Prettybird, we're taking DS out of school for 2 days. He's only in P2 though.

The Feb half term is v annoying, why can't they just make it a full week?!?

juneau Mon 15-Apr-13 09:25:23

Phew - just realised flights are included in the price of the holiday! Stress over smile

OneLieIn Mon 15-Apr-13 09:28:14

Booked for new year, apartment and self drive... Just need snow chains eeek!

prettybird Mon 15-Apr-13 09:31:44

Yonitrix - that's what Stirlingshire has finally (and sensibly) done. I know the schools would prefer that, for example, a couple of the May holidays were added on to the February break, as the two holiday weekends in May are really disruptive, coming as they do so soon after the Spring Break.

Ds' primary school was always ok about us taking him out. I've now joined the PC at his secondary school so that I've got a good relationship with them for if/when I make the request! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now