Goggles, glasses, kids - how does it all work?

(4 Posts)
UniS Thu 28-Mar-13 18:28:14

Don’t worry too much about looking for kid size OTG goggles, DS wore adult size with no problems. More important to get a pair that work with a helmet as well.

RaisinHell Sun 17-Mar-13 21:35:28

Decathlon sell 'over the glasses' goggles, so your son will be able to wear his glasses as normal with the goggles over the top. They have a bit of extra space in them designed for glasses wearers. Look for the ones marked OTG. They are not too expensive as far as I remember. There may be other places that do them too but Decathlon are fairly easily accessible. I think this will be your best solution whilst he is still growing and his prescription is still changing. Good luck!

Imabadmum Sun 17-Mar-13 08:42:23

Bump anyone?

Imabadmum Sun 17-Mar-13 08:29:42

We are taking our 6 yo skiing in feb 2014 for the first time. He wears glasses, he has a strong prescription and is unable to manage without them. I have thought about prescrip goggles but they are expensive, his prescrip changes frequently and he is growing so not sure this is a good idea.

Can anyone recommend either prescrip sunnies and clear goggles or goggles with antiglare that will fit over his regular specs? Or any other solutions ingenious mumsnetters have come up with?

Many thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now