Italian Dolomites?

(5 Posts)
massistar Thu 28-Feb-13 21:37:48

It's here:

http://www.alpinoalcavalletto.it/

Sorry, can't do links on the phone!

It has great reviews on TripAdvisor and even has a tiny little spa.

ValentineWiggins Thu 28-Feb-13 20:35:30

What's the hotel?

massistar Thu 28-Feb-13 20:20:28

Thanks gaschick. Colletts look lovely and I'm definitely going to look there next year for when we go for a week from here.

We've settled on a quirky little hotel in Canazei which is doing half board for 52 euros/night, half price for the kids. Can't say fairer than that!

gaschick Wed 27-Feb-13 13:50:53

Check out www.colletts.co.uk

They are a great, really helpful, English company who have hotels and Chalets in several Dolomitic villages in the Val Badia. If I won Euromillions, I would buy a chalet in Coravara - beautiful, on the Sella Ronda circuit, great skiing. Where George Clooney reputedly has a house. They might be able to advise you of what is still available.
www.welove2ski.com has some great resort info.
Val Gardena isn't too far a drive from Venice and is also very nice on the Sella Ronda circuit. Fantastic mountain restaurants all round the Val Gardena side and Val Badia.

We have also stayed in Arraba. Bit colder than the other two resort hubs, but has the advantage of being near the Marmolada glacier for high late season skiing.

massistar Wed 27-Feb-13 13:00:20

We're going over to my husband's cousin's wedding next week in Italy and are going to try and do about 5 days skiing while we're there if the snow holds.

Anyone got any recommendations for somewhere within driving distance from Venice? He's from there but a bit out of touch with places to stay.

We've been to Moena and Canazei before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now