Can me and 12yo dd have group lessons in courchevel together?

(4 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Wed 23-Jan-13 22:21:31

She doesn't want to go in a teenage class. But would go in a group lesson with me. She skis black runs no problem. In fact she's a better skier than I am. I ski easy black runs but she chucks herself down anything. grin

MusieB Thu 24-Jan-13 10:07:06

I don't know about this as I haven't had lessons for years - but I would guess ski schools will be relaxed about a 12 year old in an adult group? I was going to suggest calling Magic in Motion (have used them in Meribel and La Tania and they're great) but I see from their website that they only do advanced level adult group lessons in Courchevel on 2 afternoons a week, which may not be enough for you.
If you don't find a suitable group, it might be worth considering Magic's Race Academy class for your DD - it is a teen class, but my DD thinks its hugely much more fun than any other ski class she's been in...

sandk Thu 24-Jan-13 15:01:55

Many years ago we took group lessons with New Generation in Courchevel, and there was an 11 year old girl and her dad in the group - she too didn't want to go in a youth group, she wanted to ski with her dad. She was a slightly better skier than him (and us). It seemed to work out absolutely fine.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 24-Jan-13 17:23:33

That's great, thanks both of you. Sounds like the ski schools won't be too strict about it. She's certainly got the skill and stamina to keep up beat most adults!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now