Ski holiday with 6 month old - any tips?

(5 Posts)
IceNoSlice Sun 06-Jan-13 16:33:05

Thanks both. Yeah, I found the 12mo Christmas skiing thread after I posted this, not quite sure how I missed it.

How horribly sad about the little French baby.

madwomanintheattic Sun 06-Jan-13 16:30:32

See the 12 mo thread. Essentially the same.

For the flight - he'll need either the breast or a soother to suck on for take-off and landing. The eustachian tubes in the ear aren't fully developed at that age so the pressure change can really hurt them.

If you can, time the flights around a nap time - makes it more relaxing all round.

Have always avoided taking small child with us for ski-ing trips though, so can't help there! Only thing, which you probably already know, is to make sure all extremities are well covered up if he's out and about with you - was a v.sad case a couple of years ago where a French family didn't bother with mittens for their baby as it was sunny and spent a full day out on the slopes - the child (think it was a 1-ish yo) lost both hands to frostbite. sad

IceNoSlice Thu 03-Jan-13 16:22:55

Bumpety bump

IceNoSlice Thu 03-Jan-13 13:19:05

Considering options at the moment. DH and I are both experienced skiers (well, boarders but same same). found a deal in La Tania that looks good, chalet with in house nannies.

DC1 will be 6 mo and friends tell us this is a good time to go as cheaper than toddlers etc. we missed last season as I was pg. Craving snow!

Just after tips really. Will be our first flight with a baby, what to take for him, I will be bf and expressing, might do some half days rather than full days as it will be the first time he'll be looked after by anyone other than me or DH. Share your experiences? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now