Saas Fee ski school advice??

(7 Posts)
OxMum Mon 17-Dec-12 12:42:55

Thanks OneLieIn! Looking again at the three ski schools, it wasn't clear to me that Eskimos and Optimum took under 6s, so since one DD is 5, am going to go with the Swiss Ski School and three-hour lessons. Will let you know how I get on, hopefully without frostbite!

OneLieIn Fri 14-Dec-12 15:08:31

Agree, go with the longer lessons. It takes an age to get up the mountain. And wrap up warm!!!!!!

OxMum Mon 10-Dec-12 23:46:18

Thanks again Liz, you're a star! Still mulling over the other options, but it's so hard to get any first-hand advice...

LIZS Mon 10-Dec-12 18:11:20

dc had a couple of good experiences and one less so but it was during peak of half term, lots of instructors and larger groups. No real complaints though. When it is busy more of the instructors are not locals. Good experiences all round with the Saas Grund arm of Swiss Ski School but that was in the less busy late season.

OxMum Mon 10-Dec-12 12:01:15

Thanks for the quick reply! But did your kids (and you!) like the Swiss Ski School?? Will try to stay warm in any case! (And if anyone out there has tried Eskimos or Optimum, don't be shy!)

LIZS Mon 10-Dec-12 08:26:05

Swiss Skischool has English speaking (not British though) instructors. Depending on the mix of kids around you may typically find that the group also has Dutch kids in it but tuition would still be in English. Not tried the others. I resort is buys that 3 hour window could easily become 2 by the time you've taken the lifts up the mountain, don't underestimate how long it takes to ski down either. Wrap up warm !

OxMum Sun 09-Dec-12 22:08:57

Hello all! We're off to Saas Fee for Christmas and I haven't booked a ski school yet for dds (5 and 7) or dh (let's not talk about age, shall we?). They have all skied just for a few days before, so fairly beginner-ish. It looks like there are 3 options: the Swiss Ski School (biggest and least expensive, but will they have English-speaking instructors/classes?), Eskimos (same worry about language, plus costs much more for only 2.5 hours of skiing a day vs. 3 hrs with Swiss Ski School), or Optimum Sports (all Brits, so no language worries, but only established in 2009, though do offer 3 hrs of lessons per day). So is there anyone out there with advice/experience of any or all of the options?? (FYI, as a skiing vet, I'm hoping to head off for 3 hours of solo skiing each morning, but need to be sure kiddies and hubbie are in good hands!) Thanks!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now