Please recommend me some toddler snow gloves!

(12 Posts)
iwantanafternoonnap Fri 14-Dec-12 08:55:16

Lidl ski gloves are pretty good and cheap. I have a couple of pairs so that they can dry out in between when they get really wet. His hands seem to stay warm.

soapnuts where did you get you kiddie liners from?

Reima is also popular here in Sweden, I know they sell from their swedish webshop, not sure if it has english translations on there

soapnuts Sat 08-Dec-12 17:09:02

when we took DS to -27 a few years ago (he was about 18 months old - yes a little crazy!!) we found some liner gloves that he wore underneath the ski gloves which seemed to really help with keeping his hands warm - we did the same and I actually managed with liner gloves and normal leather (M&S!) gloves rather than the ski gloves (cos I couldn't do anything with the ski gloves on)
Hope that helps

sugarandspite Sat 08-Dec-12 16:42:37

iwishyou oh that's interesting about the zips - I hadn't considered it but can see how they might end up more fiddly. Very kind of you to think of offerring your old gloves, thank you.

lizs brilliant tip, thank you! Think we may wait and buy out there as you suggest. Although have seen a set of Hestra mitts which look nice too. Hmmmm

LIZS Fri 07-Dec-12 20:35:15

dc had a brand called Reima which have extra long cuffs and you would be able to buy in Saas Fee, similar to these

IwishyouaMerryChristmas Fri 07-Dec-12 20:31:04

In our experience the zips are a pita and just make getting them on even more fiddly!

We had some by Dogtag for our ds's when they were smaller that opened wide and velcroed over to give a snug fitting. They were fab and we got them from our local independent sake shop which has unfortunately closed down.

I sold them recently on eBay otherwise you'd have been welcome to them.

sugarandspite Fri 07-Dec-12 20:26:41

What are everyone's thoughts on zipped gloves? I see it helps get them on but does it reduce the warmth a little?

sugarandspite Fri 07-Dec-12 20:06:10

Oooh I didn't even think they might do gloves. Thank you!

Try Polarn & pyret website. We get our DDs' winter gear from them and they were great in minus 12 here today

sugarandspite Fri 07-Dec-12 19:59:39

Thanks fanny. The ones we have are shell ones like yours as I know they are going to get v wet. Am just anxious that they're not quite warm enough too.

FannyBazaar Thu 06-Dec-12 22:27:16

My DS had some fleece mittens from Decathlon when he was small, they seemed to do the trick. I also have some think waterproof shell gloves bought in Finland that are great for keeping them dry making snowballs.

sugarandspite Wed 05-Dec-12 17:24:02

We bought DD (20 months) a new pair of Barts ski mitts for our upcoming ski holiday but when we tried them out this afternoon, her hands felt very cool when I took them off (after about 2hours out and about in 2 degrees ish, no snow).

I'm anxious that these wont be warm enough for skiing - saas fee in December so will be cold.

Can anyone recommend me some tried and tested toddler snow gloves? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now